Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review:: Jan Marini Age-Intervention Eyelash Intervention
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:20 am      Reply with quote
i looked at the ebay prices....getting ridiculous, but really, i might have purchased it even if it was $500 Very Happy .

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:35 am      Reply with quote
leyel wrote:
Quote:
Futhermore, I think the entire idea is completely preposterous! Absolutely nothing in my extensive research into various eyelash growth serums and their individual active ingredients has ever even hinted at such a thing happening

And someone on this board keeps presenting themselves as some sort of self-appointed authority on all this, but I'm not at all convinced.

Quote:
my extensive research

Yeah, extensive research...I'll keep saying that until I can do it without laughing.
Sweetie pie, it's funny that you considered me enough of an expert to follow me over here from MUA and sign up as a member of this forum with the sole intention of trying to prise my lash growth serum secret recipe out of me. Now that's just lazy, my dear. Do your own homework next time and come up with your own formula next time. I'm like the Pied-freakin-Piper around here with the number of new EDS members who have followed me over from MUA and you were one of them. I don't see anyone else clamoring for your advice or opinions which is quite telling, don't you think? And yes, I *am* a self-professed expert in the field of lash growth serums and their active ingredients as that has been my primary focus during the last nearly 12 months as I have researched and experimented and tinkered with my formula while my fellow EDS family members wait with baited breath.

In the meantime, I think you've pissed off enough people AND ignored the moderator's previous admonition to play nice so I don't think it'll take too much more to get your IP address banned from this forum. We don't take kindly to trolls around here.

5% products discount

Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:52 am      Reply with quote
is this stuff off the market or something. my skinwest order never arrived, and now it's off their site entirely. other sites all have it backordered. what's up?

also, has anyone run out or stopped using it and if so what happened, was any of the effect lasting?
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
copychick wrote:
is this stuff off the market or something. my skinwest order never arrived, and now it's off their site entirely. other sites all have it backordered. what's up?

also, has anyone run out or stopped using it and if so what happened, was any of the effect lasting?

I don't think it's off the market. The original site where I bought it off from doesn't have it listed either. Other sites are just backordered and others do have it in stock.

I haven't run out of my first tube yet since I went off for it a bit and now am using it again, but I heard if you want to maintain it one needs to keep using it at least a few times a week. If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Skincareaddicted - The thing that bites me is that I didn't move fast enough last week. That's when the ebay prices REALLY started climbing.

I *could've* purchased JM at that time for about $110. By the time I made up my mind - the price jumped that afternoon. Unfortunately, within one week the price has climbed almost $100.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm also told that many online retailers are jacking up the price to the point of price gouging, even though they don't actually have any product in stock to sell so you'd still have to wait even if you paid $200 for a tube! In fact, Rjez was actually one of the people that mentioned this to me....

Apparently even Jan Marini themselves is out of stock and isn't sure when they'll have any more available but Rjez should be able to keep us up to date on that! Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
I'm so glad I ordered mine two weeks ago!! I sure hope this stuff works for me. I am also using MSM as someone else suggested for lash growth. I got my cousin to start using MSM too so I can compare my JM/MSM to her MSM only lashes.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:51 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
I'm also told that many online retailers are jacking up the price to the point of price gouging

Laughing As a matter of fact, yesterday afternoon that ebay store changed back to the original price and says 'backordered'.
Any true remaining stock is bidding at Ebay for unholy prices.

carekate wrote:
Apparently even Jan Marini themselves is out of stock and isn't sure when they'll have any more available but Rjez should be able to keep us up to date on that! Wink

Welllll ... now THAT was an invitation! JM says "dunno". (I live 25 miles from them). One nearby spa was told '2-6 weeks' and another spa says 'early Nov'. I'm also waiting for another aesthetician who may have some stored at home. Smile

p.s. I don't think I mentioned before - I've worked in the medical industry for over 15 years. Among other products, I've spent a lot of time researching and collaborating with aestheticians, derms and surgeons. Can't wait to share some laughs over the alleged 'ILLEGAL DRUG SMUGGLING' going on at JM.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:02 am      Reply with quote
If everyone refused to pay the jacked up price of ebay and the stores doing this, once stock is replinished, the price will level back out. Especially on ebay, they will go back to normal, if they aren't selling it. I'd seriously be pissed to pay $200 for something today, then see it in 3 weeks back to normal pricing. Anyway just a thought...
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
If everyone refused to pay the jacked up price of ebay and the stores doing this, once stock is replinished, the price will level back out. Especially on ebay, they will go back to normal, if they aren't selling it. I'd seriously be pissed to pay $200 for something today, then see it in 3 weeks back to normal pricing. Anyway just a thought...

I believe retail is $160. If there are a lot of places that are currently out of stock and don't know when their inventory will be replenished, these sellers are just playing the market. A lot will pay these prices to obtain the product. Hopefully things will level off again before I need to replace my tube.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:18 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:

i agree. but i bought in from EDS and will continue to do so as i want to know that i'm actually getting what i ordered! the only thing worse than the price doubling is possibly getting something that's not even the real mccoy and paying double for it....
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
yeah, i bought my tubes off EDS too because of the scare in one of the threads about a hawaii seller possibly selling fakes. i don't think i could purchase off ebay unless it was actually a skin products store that just listed products on ebay on the side. i would be scared to purchase from just any seller.

i think women are just paying about $30 above the retail price because they're desperate and the lash serum has received a bit more hits lately on google on its effectiveness. i saw a page listing it as one of the secrets of hollywood.

rjez--sorry but i am sure they have some more soon since the demand is at such a high. anyone know if the EDS price is still gonna be the same? i saw the hike in cellcosmet products and was shocked even though i know EDS was basically forced to do that.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I read this thread last night about the backorders and price gouging. Then, guess what? I was watching The Today Show (on NBC) this morning and they had a beauty and fashion segment on called "What to Buy", or something like that. They wanted to let us know about JM eyelash intervention, and how well it works. Then they went on to mention that the demand is so high that it's now on backorder with the manufacturer. I hate to think what having this on a national news program is going to do to prices when the stock is back. Day-um, I wish I'd bought two tubes when I got mine!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Oh you're kidding...no wonder. Dang it..I knew I should have ordered another one a while back to keep in stock. Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Someone posted a new JM on Ebay at 3:50am PST on BIN and it was gone in seconds ....
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, my esthetician friend told me a few weeks ago that the product is backordered from JM -- she was told it would be at least a month before it would be available again!

Marla

PS -- I've been using the product for a little over a month now. While I haven't seen much lengtening yet, there's no doubt that my eyelashes are thicker/more dense (I'm half Japanese and have really short, straight, sparse lashes). I have very sensitive eyes and wear contact lenses, but I have not experienced any irritation.

*I* think it's pretty cool stuff Exclamation

5% products discount

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
so what is the best strategy to make whatever you've got left last until you can get some more. use it every other day, every third day? i've used it everyday for two months and if i could keep the results i've got i would be satisfied. how many days can you go without using it before results start to reverse?
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
copychick --

I'm not certain of this, but I believe the instructions state that, for maintenance, you can begin using the product every other/every third night.

There's a very long thread on this product...I believe it was Carekate's review?....that also stated this.

HTH
Marla

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
I think the least JM can do is to conduct studies for safety if they want to continue concealing this miracle ingredient.
I need to respond to this because when I first came up with the idea of trying to make my own lash growth serum and the interested responses from EDS members was overwhelming, Darren from PSF Skincare (member name “pbsadhaka”) immediately went out of his way to PM me with a caution about selling an eye-care product to people I don’t know from Adam’s housecat that could turn around and sue me if they have a reaction (hence the nearly 9-month delay while I tried to find a way around the dilemma of product liability).

Darren said that it would be in my own best interests to hire an unbiased, third party cosmoceutical research agency to conduct extensive health and safety tests to ensure that my lash serum is perfectly safe. Darren said that this was mandatory if I wanted to obtain product liability insurance because no insurance company would touch a product/developer without it. Darren said this process was SOP in the industry anytime a new product was introduced unless a company wanted to open itself up to financial annihiliation.

For that reason alone, I have to believe that Jan Marini followed protocol and had these research studies conducted into the safety and reliability of this product. As has previously been pointed out, JM isn’t a fly-by-night, get-rich-quick Hydroderm/Hylexin kind of company.

I would also like to offer up the following observation:

REGARDLESS of what the actual active ingredient/s is/are in “EyeLash Growth Factor,” Jan Marini herself acted as a guinea pig for this product (less my detractor try to defame me and/or this claim please know that this is a known FACT offered up in the company’s own product literature). Do you really think she would have knowingly offered up her eyesight if she in any way thought or suspected that this product were unsafe?

In case anyone else misunderstood the purpose of my mammoth post/s in this thread from yesterday, I would like to reiterate that I have absolutely no problem with an individual taking a wait-and-see attitude about this product or one who elects to avoid using it altogether. Of course each person has the right to decide what is best for themselves. What I was so outraged about was the way that a certain individual was offering up rumor, innuendo and speculation regarding the identificaton of Hylexin (synthetic glaucoma medication) as the mystery ingredient as FACT and then using it to create a firestorm and then deliberately attempting to fan the flames of controversary by intentionally misinterpreting when a different opinion was offered or someone asked for clarification and or that person to cite the source of the information that was being treated as gossip, when of course none of the claims could be validated whereby that person then resorted to blatant disrespect, patronization and – finally – personal attacks.

I believe in internet jargon, this behavior is called “flaming” and the person acting it out is called a troll.

And finally, at no point did I state that “M.D.” stood for “medical deity” or that I was a sheep blindly accepting what I was told. I merely pointed out that the opinion of this M.D. was certainly a helluva lot more credible than some anonymous and unsubstantiated chatroom claim that allegedly came directly from someone’s brother-in-law's step-cousin’s beauty editor wife’s uncle’s second wife’s dog groomer’s rival beauty company’s CEO pal. For all we know, you are – in fact – the disgraced beauty CEO that missed the boat and so started this entire rumor in the first place.

In closing, if one cannot be respectful of me and/or my fellow EDS members and the rules of our forum which is intended to be warm, helpful and nurturing environment, don’t even bother trying to contact me about purchasing my lash serum when the time comes. Fortunately, I have the right to refuse service to trolls. Just consider it the “CareKate Crow Law.”

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Carekate, for your insightful post. It has definitely helped squash my qualms about this product. Now if only it isn't on backorder just about everywhere...
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
marla wrote:
copychick --

I'm not certain of this, but I believe the instructions state that, for maintenance, you can begin using the product every other/every third night.

There's a very long thread on this product...I believe it was Carekate's review?....that also stated this.

HTH
Marla
I don't recall seeing anything about maintaining results in the actual product literature, but my own extensive RESEARCH -- as well as personal experience (I have been using JM on one set of lashes since Valentine's Day) -- has revealed that once you have attained your optimum results, you can cut back to using it at least 3 nights per week. Although you might think of using another lash serum such as Ardell to supplement on those "off" nights just to keep your lashes nourished and healthy. This isn't mandatory, just a good idea!

In the meantime, please remember that one doesn't have to slather/saturate your lashline with JM in order to achieve results. The active ingredient is VERY powerful so it only takes the TINIEST amount to work. You want the applicator brush to be just barely wet so that when you draw the line of it at your lashline, it dries almost immediately on contact. REALLY! That's all it takes. And of course that'll make whatever you've got left last even longer until JM is able to get it back in stock to meet demand.

BTW, I wonder how much of the current fervor regarding this product was a result of our own feverish discussions/recommendations of it? Remember, this isn't the first time that a product recommended on EDS suddenly becames scarce and impossible to locate on the shelves throughout the U.S., or even worldwide (i.e.: 1000 Hours Lash Tint)! Wink We have A LOT of lurkers/admirers out there that look to us to spot the beauty trends....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
We have A LOT of lurkers/admirers out there that look to us to spot the beauty trends....

So, here's an idea ... Carekate - the NEXT time you have a great product review, PM me first?
thirtyish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using for a little over 3 weeks...I haven't really noticed any results. Has it taken anyone quite awhile to notice ANY results? I would hate to be one of the unforunate ones this doesn't work for. That would STiNK!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
In the meantime, please remember that one doesn't have to slather/saturate your lashline with JM in order to achieve results. The active ingredient is VERY powerful so it only takes the TINIEST amount to work. You want the applicator brush to be just barely wet so that when you draw the line of it at your lashline, it dries almost immediately on contact. REALLY! That's all it takes. And of course that'll make whatever you've got left last even longer until JM is able to get it back in stock to meet demand.

with the newer tubes, not that much really comes out anyways. however, it makes it nearly impossible to regulate how much does.... are you using the older one still?

lonevoice -- thanks for the warning! i told my mum about this and said i'd send some to her. now i'll *have* to and nobody has it Laughing why oh why did i open my mouth???
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
marla wrote:
copychick --

HTH
Marla
I don't recall seeing anything about maintaining results in the actual product literature, but my own extensive RESEARCH -- as well as personal experience (I have been using JM on one set of lashes since Valentine's Day) -- has revealed that once you have attained your optimum results, you can cut back to using it at least 3 nights per week. Although you might think of using another lash serum such as Ardell to supplement on those "off" nights just to keep your lashes nourished and healthy. This isn't mandatory, just a good idea!

My bad -- It might have been my esthetician friend who told me that (she sells JM products and receives quite of bit of info regarding their products). Sorry!

Marla

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |