Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review:: Jan Marini Age-Intervention Eyelash Intervention
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
shubingrt
5% products discount

Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Today is my 9th day using JM...not much difference yet... Crying or Very sad
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:48 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
skincareaddicted wrote:
thirtyish--from what i read in the postings, i think you apply the serum directly into all your lash roots. i haven't started using it myself, so any users here, correct me if i am wrong.

You apply JM to your lashline: pretend you are applying eyeliner and that's how you apply the JM serum. You don't need to slather or saturate the area either. Just apply a small amount of serum, using the built-in brush to the little "groove" in your upper eyelid, directly above your lashline. If you apply it to the lash hairs themselves, you are merely wasting product.

Again, it's just like applying eyeliner!

carekate--i usually apply eyeliner not only to the top of my lashes but actually into them also--i use a cake liner and basically dot all the roots. so are you saying the lash serum is only applied to the top of the lashes, and not all the lash roots? i hope that makes sense.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
No, Carrie means that it is applied to the root of the lashes only - think Angelina Jolie black eye-liner (only at the base of where your lashes grow).

Otherwise you will waste too much product!

Quote:

Give it time. My lashes are out of control now. They've always been rather long but this has filled them out AND lengthened them to the point where I am no longer wearing mascara on a regular basis!!! Just like Carekate. Today, I am making her DIY recipe for lash gloss, in fact. Smile Here's a link to a thread I did about just this subject:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=154184#154184
Jennifer143

Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I am understanding that if you stop using this product your eyelashes will fall out???? Or do they just go back to your normal lashes? This is obviouslly scary to think about. Also, is it true that this product will promote growth in people with missing eyelashes?
Jennifer143

Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I have suffered for years with Trichotillomania (pulling eyelashes out). What a stupid habit. Anyway, my eyelashes NORMALLY are very nice - but, sometimes, as with all bad habits, I slip up.... so my main question with this product is, IF I stopped using the product, I assume my eyelashes would go back to my NORMAL lashes...(the last thing I want is for them to just all fall out).
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have never heard anyone say that they would fall out, if you stop using the product; simply, they will revert back to their normal state.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
No, Carrie means that it is applied to the root of the lashes only - think Angelina Jolie black eye-liner (only at the base of where your lashes grow).

right scalawaggirl, but what i meant was, our lashes don't grow as one row, but it's like several rows. do i apply to the roots of just the top row or do i apply "into" the roots of the inner rows, so i get the serum to EVERY lash root?? (that's how i apply eyeliner)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

right scalawaggirl, but what i meant was, our lashes don't grow as one row, but it's like several rows. do i apply to the roots of just the top row or do i apply "into" the roots of the inner rows, so i get the serum to EVERY lash root?? (that's how i apply eyeliner)

Oh! Now I got ya. Just apply as close to the lash line as possible. It will work itself into your roots - that is what I have found. Also, if you get too close, it can burn your eye a little bit. Not bad but that's why I don't bother getting it quite as close as with liner. It's just a good explanation for where/how to apply it.

You will notice that the "rows" will become thick with more lashes and find, too, that more than one lash sprouts out of a follicle; thus, more thickness. Smile
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Oh! Now I got ya. Just apply as close to the lash line as possible. It will work itself into your roots - that is what I have found. Also, if you get too close, it can burn your eye a little bit. Not bad but that's why I don't bother getting it quite as close as with liner. It's just a good explanation for where/how to apply it.

You will notice that the "rows" will become thick with more lashes and find, too, that more than one lash sprouts out of a follicle; thus, more thickness. Smile

thanks! Very Happy i tried taking digital cam pictures but they all come out blurry, i guess i will try to find a camera that can take closeups, i can't wait for the results like yours and wen's!

5% products discount

Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
at about 4 weeks now i am getting to the wow. i would load pictures but i have no idea how to get them from my camera to here.

damn, i will have to use this stuff for the rest of my life now, cuz i could never go back to the no lash look i had before. has anybody used it long enough and found you could 'cut down' from daily usage once lashes are long and full enough.

[/img]
2266cindy
5% products discount

Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy hi,i am new to this site. i just started a day ago using jm at night and talika am ,my eyes got really red and sensitive . anyone has has the same reaction and dose it go away .thanks for any input.cindy Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi 2266cindy! Welcome to the forum (from another newbie Very Happy ).

It sounds like the formula in talika is irritating your eye. Do a forum search on it as I know it has been discussed before. I remember some who have tried it did report adverse reactions to it. I personally cannot stand Ardell Lash & Brow Accelerator.

I would suggest you stop using Talika immediately. Otherwise do what scalawaggirl and just put the formula close to the top of the lash line so there is less chance of it getting into your eyes.

HTH.
chevycamarolvr
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm dyin' here... I SO want to buy this but am finding it hard to justify the cost (especially after dropped $140 on my new flat iron).... Somebody PLEASE tell me to just buy it!
If the tube lasts a few months (didn't someone say they got theirs to last 6 months?) that breaks down to $20 a month, which is probably about what my Lucia/Ardell combo has cost me this month.

I have decent eyelashes now, but I can't help thinking it could get better.....

ETA: Has anybody actually measured their eyelashes? I just measured one of mine and it was about 9mm (just shy of 1cm). I mean, how much longer could I expect them to get?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
shubingrt wrote:
Be patient because some folks didn’t begin seeing any “action” until the 6-week mark and then their lashes began growing like weeds! I beseech everyone who is trying this product to use it every single night for at least three months before throwing in the towel and deciding it doesn’t work. Anything less than that is not giving the product, nor one’s lashes, an adequate chance to respond!

Jennifer143 wrote:
I am understanding that if you stop using this product your eyelashes will fall out????
Who in the world told you that – I wanna smack them upside the head for disseminating false info: No, one’s eyelashes will NOT fall out if one stops using this product!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer143 wrote:
Or do they just go back to your normal lashes?
If you want to maintain your “wow” eyelashes, you must continue to use the product! However, once you reach the 6-month plateau you can safely cut back and use the product only 2-3 times per week to maintain your lashes.

Jennifer143 wrote:
Also, is it true that this product will promote growth in people with missing eyelashes?
Yes, this is true. Jan Marini actually developed this product SPECIFICALLY for people who’s lashes had fallen out or stopped growing due to certain diseases or abuse (apparently there are people out there with some sort of nervous disorder whereby they habitually pull out their own eyebrow and lash hairs).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
chevycamarolvr wrote:
I'm dyin' here... I SO want to buy this but am finding it hard to justify the cost (especially after dropped $140 on my new flat iron).... Somebody PLEASE tell me to just buy it!
If the tube lasts a few months (didn't someone say they got theirs to last 6 months?) that breaks down to $20 a month, which is probably about what my Lucia/Ardell combo has cost me this month.

FYI - on Saturday I finally finished up my original tube of JM that I first began using on Valentine's Day so my tube latest nearly eight months!

Once you start using JM, you won’t need to spend money on Lucia any longer so just bite the damn bullet and spring for it already! Razz Wink Seriously, it’s worth every penny. In fact, I’d go so far to say that you are WASTING your money by continuing to buy Lucia! Shock

chevycamarolvr wrote:

ETA: Has anybody actually measured their eyelashes? I just measured one of mine and it was about 9mm (just shy of 1cm). I mean, how much longer could I expect them to get?
Yes, I posted my lash measurements in the other mammoth JM lash serum thread:
carekate wrote:
So I’m outside on a smoke break at work and a friend says, “You’ve got something on your cheek,” and reaches over to brush it off. When Alison realizes what it was she said, “Holy crap, your eyelashes are long!”

Being the curious sort that I am, I take this stray eyelash back to my desk and drag out my ruler just to see exactly how long said lash truly was. Measured from root to tip, while the lash still had it’s natural curve, it measured exactly 1cm Exclamation Now, keep in mind that before I started the whole JM Age Intervention Lash vs. Dr. Holland’s Lush Lash serum experiments back on Valentine’s Day, my lashes measured a puny 5-6mm and this was when I had managed to STRAIGHTEN the natural curve of the lash to make it even longer!

If that isn’t remarkable enough – because I’m smarter than the average bear, I’ve learned that if you take an eyelash and adhere lightly it to sticky side of a piece of masking tape and then gently take a pair of tweezers to s-t-r-e-t-c-h the lash so that it is a straight line rather than the natural curved line – when I measured the straightened lash that Alison had plucked from my cheek, it actually measured 12mm (1.2cm – is that how you say it? You know us Yanks never got around to embracing the metric system!!).

So for those of you wondering whether or not this JM lash stuff is worth the splurge, there’s your answer, my darlings! I just wish I had a digital camera and a computer at home so I could post some pix of my incredibly bat-worthy lashes like the ones that wenrdy has shared with us in a related thread.

And for those wondering if the results of my homemade lash serum is keeping pace with the JM lash stuff, the answer is: pretty much! When you look at my lashes, other in a mirror myself, or having a friend study and compare them for me, there isn’t any real discernable difference in the length or density of the lashes on either eye – however....

Remember that whole lecture I gave earlier in this thread regarding symmetry, and how the attributes on one side of our body (i.e.: breasts, fingernails, brows/lashes) always grow a tiny fraction longer/faster/better than those on the otherside? I experience this myself where the lashes on my right eye are just a smidge lusher, they take and hold a curl more easily, etc., so I’d like to think that the minute differences between my JM Age Intervetion Lash eye and my homemade lash serum eye can be attributed to the natural asymmetry of my body.

Anyway, when I first joined this forum and offered up an opinion in one of the earliest eyelash “improvement” discussions where we talked about tinting and perming lashes, I posted the tale of my horrible experience the first (and only) time I got my eyelashes permed and the resulting look was like hideously kinked spider legs or – worse yet – weird kinky pubic hair. At that time, I swore that I’d never again get my lashes permed even though several other members – most notably our patroness, Mabsy – had amazing results after getting their own lashes permed. Although in retrospect, I realize that perhaps part of the reason that I had such poor results from my lash perming experience because my lashes were so sparse and skimpy at the time that maybe the poor aesthetician who performed the procedure on me didn’t have very much “raw material” to work with....

Well, my lashes have improved so dramatically since that time that I am seriously tempted to try getting my lashes permed again IF I can find a qualified person to do it in my area. One of our long, lost members, Judy Marshall, once told me about a day spa in the Burnet/Kingsland area (a 20-mile trip from my home as the crow flies) that did it so I may have to check into that someday. Of course, I’d only do it if the aesthetician agreed to tint my lashes at the same time as the perming (I’d bring my own 1000 Hours lash tint from home to use, of course!) because experts in these sorts of procedures recommend they be performed at the same time because the dilation of the eyelash hair cuticle from the perming solution allows the lash tint mixture to “take” better, for deeper and more long-lasting results.

But then again, it would be my luck that I’d renege and get my lashes permed again only to attain those horrible pubic hair-like kinks in my beautiful lashes once again so I would have to start my cultivation process all over ago!

Just for grins, here’s the link to the thread from which I cut and pasted the above-quote. For those with questions about the JM lash stuff or for those on the fence, I highly suggest you read the entire thread because the answers to all of your questions are probably located within it somewhere – there’s even a “testimonial” from La Vie En Rose who lost all of her lashes a few years ago due to a serious illness but her lashes are now growing back since beginning to use the JM lash stuff!
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12661&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=jan+marini+age+intervention&start=0

HTH,
Carrie

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Carrie!

Hm... So if I'm reading that correctly, the JM just about doubled the length of your lashes? Holy crap!

All right... I'm going for it! I can just use up the rest of my Lucia on my brows, they need it anyway.

I see you mentioned something about the eyelash perms... There's someone on eBay selling home eyelash perm kits. The price is like, $1, but the shipping adds another $20+. It says it's good for 30 perms. There's tons of people selling the different sized rods oo. Would you be brave enough to try doing it yourself?

PS... If you ever decide to share the recipe for your DIY JM lash serum. Puh-leeze be sure that I see it!!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
chevycamarolvr wrote:
I see you mentioned something about the eyelash perms... There's someone on eBay selling home eyelash perm kits. The price is like, $1, but the shipping adds another $20+. It says it's good for 30 perms. There's tons of people selling the different sized rods oo. Would you be brave enough to try doing it yourself?

Hmmm, you know, I might! I’d have to buy the little lash perm rods first to see how easy/difficult it is to wrap my own lash hairs around it before I’d be willing to try it using the actual perm juice – I wouldn’t want to end up with scary pubic-hair lashes again!! By any chance, could you post a link to these DIY perm kits/perm rods on Ebay – I only get 30 minutes per day of personal internet usage time so I can’t afford to waste it roaming aimlessly around the world wide web.... Confused TIA!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
By any chance, could you post a link to these DIY perm kits/perm rods on Ebay

Here's one of 'em: EYELASH MINI PERM KIT - 30+ APPLICATIONS

Here's a link to their website: http://shanaandcompany.com .... They list the perm kits under "Beauty Instruments". It basically links you back to the kits they have up for sale on eBay.

And I guess I lied, they're listed for $9.99 plus shipping. Sorry, I must've been thinking of the rods when I said $1... Still cheaper than a single visit to a "professional" salon.
It comes with the small rods. You'll probably want to get larger rods to avoid getting the kinky pubic hair look again. There's quite a few other people selling a bunch of them for dirt cheap.

Seller is in China. Don't know if that bothers you or not...
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:57 am      Reply with quote
love this product<3 one week and my lashes were like.. WOAH

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Do you love JM or the eyelash perm?
If JM, you had noticeable results in a week?
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
thirtyish wrote:
Do you love JM or the eyelash perm?
If JM, you had noticeable results in a week?

It usually takes more than a week to see results, think I started seeing it about the 3 week mark.

Sorry I know this question wasn't necessarily directed towards me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
2266cindy wrote:
Very Happy hi,i am new to this site. i just started a day ago using jm at night and talika am ,my eyes got really red and sensitive . anyone has has the same reaction and dose it go away .thanks for any input.cindy Razz

Hi,

I am the one who had a reaction to talika. My eyes were bloodshot, watery, and puffy. I had no problem with ardell though.

You should stop using both products until your eyes return to normal. Then add in one product at a time to see which one is the culprit.

Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:24 am      Reply with quote
about my third day on the serum and i am unable to take clear enough pictures, so i measured an eyelash instead. 6mm. i think that's the same length as carekate's when she started. hopefully, they will grow to a glorious 1 cm!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:51 am      Reply with quote
I make a "half-eye comparison", i use the JM on one eye only (but both, upper and lower lashes). Now, after 10 days of using it the non-treated lashes look definitely better than the treated ones ( i lost quite a few lashes on the JM treated eye).
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:40 am      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
2266cindy wrote:

Hi,

I am the one who had a reaction to talika. My eyes were bloodshot, watery, and puffy. I had no problem with ardell though.

You should stop using both products until your eyes return to normal. Then add in one product at a time to see which one is the culprit.

Good luck!
Somebody else reacted badly (i.e.: her lashes fell out) to Talika, as well (or maybe it was Mavala?!) -- I can't recall her name, but she was the member that originally started the whole Lucia craze....

Anyway, I def agree w/ MtView that you should stop using the Talika immediately.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |