Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
:: Review:: Jan Marini Age-Intervention Eyelash Intervention
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
thirtyish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
I make a "half-eye comparison", i use the JM on one eye only (but both, upper and lower lashes). Now, after 10 days of using it the non-treated lashes look definitely better than the treated ones ( i lost quite a few lashes on the JM treated eye).

That is disconcerting. I have used for 8 days now and haven't noticed anything...MAYBE my eyelashes are behaving a bit better but I haven't noticed growth or shedding.
blue i's

Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Just received my first tube of JM eyelash serum. I am about to apply my first application. Will let everyone know how it goes!!!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
i can see baby eyelashes already after about a week's use, it's crazy!

5% products discount

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Please, somebody tell me this is so not worth 154 bucks! There's got to be something else out there that works just as well besides having to shell out the better part of two hundred big ones. Shock Laughing

I've used Talika and Mavala and had pretty good results, can't complain. But all the raves for JM AI seem to dwarf everything else.

Really, is this stuff that outstanding? Do I need it? Razz
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using it for about 5-6 weeks now and haven't noticed a change yet. I need to put ointment in my eyes for dry eyes and eventually it oozes out. I don't know if that would interfere with it. But I will keep trying and see what happens. I also want to try the cheaper products and would have tried these first if I had known about them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Marie1120 wrote:
I've been using it for about 5-6 weeks now and haven't noticed a change yet. I need to put ointment in my eyes for dry eyes and eventually it oozes out. I don't know if that would interfere with it. But I will keep trying and see what happens. I also want to try the cheaper products and would have tried these first if I had known about them.

If ur using something like lacralube, yes it would interfere, it would def coat ur lashes, so I'd try applying prior, say ten minutes to the orniment. As to the review of 8 days and nothing, wow you really havent read much on this, it can take up to 3 months!! hang in there..its def worth it, its AMAZING. Some get results in weeks, others it has taken the FULL 3 months as the tube states.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:27 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
If ur using something like lacralube, yes it would interfere, it would def coat ur lashes, so I'd try applying prior, say ten minutes to the orniment. As to the review of 8 days and nothing, wow you really havent read much on this, it can take up to 3 months!! hang in there..its def worth it, its AMAZING. Some get results in weeks, others it has taken the FULL 3 months as the tube states.

Well, it took 2 weeks for me, quite exactly. I lost lots of lashes with this product during those 2 weeks and the remaining ones are getting really longer now - it looks weird. unfortunately i cannot see any growing baby lashes which i would desperately need instead of the lost ones...
I had short but strong and naturally dark lashes before - now there are longer, but thinner and a lot less of them. (I'm doing the "one eye test" - so i can compare)
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:33 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Marie1120 wrote:

Thanks. I will try that. At least no lashes have fallen out. And hopefully by Thanksgiving I will have longer lashes to be thankful for! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
To clear up my earlier post, I was saying it was disconcerting that someone had thinner/less eyelashes on the treated eye than the non-treated eye. I was just reporting my results at 8 days not saying I was upset to not see anything yet. Now it has been 2 weeks and I want to think they are a smidge longer but it might just be wishful thinking. Still no baby hairs and no abnormal shedding. One eye looks better than the other but that is typical too. I want this to kick in and really start working, but I'm also praying I don't lose a bunch of lashes or anything weird. I don't think thinner and longer would be a good trade off.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I never really saw the baby lashes till around now, and its about 3 months now or so. I just woke up one day and poof had very very very long lashes. Now I started with long ones to begin with so in order to impress me they had to really grow, and they did. I have not had the shedding issue as of yet and pray I never do. Sry I miss read ur 8 day post..hang in there, its worth it...
minitea

Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:04 am      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:

Well, it took 2 weeks for me, quite exactly. I lost lots of lashes with this product during those 2 weeks and the remaining ones are getting really longer now - it looks weird. unfortunately i cannot see any growing baby lashes which i would desperately need instead of the lost ones...
I had short but strong and naturally dark lashes before - now there are longer, but thinner and a lot less of them. (I'm doing the "one eye test" - so i can compare)

i've been using this product for almost 2 weeks now and i am experiencing shedding as well. my lashes are a bit longer on top, much longer on the bottom although still thin. hopefully the shedding is happening to make room for longer, thicker lashes. on the other hand, i've been putting this stuff on my brows and a few, tiny hairs sprouted in my bald spots.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this about 8 days now as directed once in the evening on upper lashes like liquid eyeliner....I am finding that my lashes are definitely growing (top and bottom) but my lower eyelids are a bit puffy and a tad dry (even seeing a line there that i am now totally obssessed with).

i never had puffy eyes before and maybe this puffyness is accentuating the line?

i want to see the 3mths out on this product as it is really giving results but any of you gals out there had any similar reactions?

Thanks!

5% products discount

Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
yeah, it irritates my eyelids too. they are dry, a little swollen and pink, and my eyes feel kinda burny all day too. my results have been great though, so i really don't want to stop using it. i'm at about a month and am gonna just keep going and hope my eyes can adjust to it. if they are still aching after i finish this tube i'll have to really consider if it's worth it.....wah!!
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. This is my first time posting although I have been been visiting this site for the past few weeks. There is SO MUCH information here I find myself browsing around for hours!! After reading all the raves about Jan Marini Eyelash, I decided to order some yesterday. I can't wait for it to get here as I have pathetic little eyelashes. Without mascara you can hardly see them Crying or Very sad . I read somewhere on another website that the active ingredient is possibly Travaprost(generic for Travatan) which is a glaucoma medication. I looked on the Travatan website and they do list one of the side effects as eyelash growth. Anyway, will post my results with Jan Marini. Also, I read somewhere that Carecate is selling her homemade eyelash serum. Is that true? Does she have a website? I'd like to try something less expensive than JM. I've tried Mavala and had no results.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
i am not comfortable with the glaucoma link...that is not cricket and sounds like a very serious medication....i will stop using it until i understand what is the "secret ingredient" the side effects is not related to skin but a delicate organ like my eyes! i will follow my instinct here until i get more information.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:12 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to post my 2 cents with JM age intervention eyelash serum.

I started using this just 10 days ago and from my teeny weeny lashes in just days they had doubled in length (top and bottom) and very thick. Fantastic results for me. Rather unbelievable actually. I was using it once a night on top lashes applied like liquid eyeliner. I was well pleased.

Downside is that I noticed from day 1 that my lower eyelids would become puffy (never had that before), the sides of the toplids dry and kind of itchy and the underneath of my eyes was getting very dry to the point where I could see some deep lines (never had those before). My eyes are small so you can imagine how great the results of this product were for me to keep going with even smaller, puffy, lined eyes that all my eyeliner seemed to settle into and magnify (boo hoo). Into day 5 my fiancée (gently) remarked that I needed more sleep. Sure enough I was developing a dark line between my nose and eyes and fairly deep dark circles. But I kept on going and stopped using the Decleor eye cream and some HA supplements I had bought just to check. I think I knew it was the JM but had wishful thinking.

After I read about the possibility of glaucoma medication being one of the active ingredients in this product I stopped it two nights ago.. I read the list of side effects on the web and they are really quite scary (aside from bambi lashes) so until I know for sure that it is not, I wont be using it. My bro is a doctor and when I asked him what would be the effect of putting this in a cosmetic he kinda went ballistic and shouted something about madness before I (accidentally) of course disconnected him. I mean what does he know huh? Guys are blessed with perfectly long lush lashes that are wasted on them. He did say before I told him that one tends to see a darking of the iris of the eyes and undereye area from glaucoma medications.

Like magic this morning my eyes no longer puffy /kinda sore and dark circles I had, gone.

This product gives truly fantastic results and I am absolutely gutted that I am going to stop using it. Maybe you gals did not have as many reactions as me (boo hoo hoo) and don’t mind using it without knowing more about the secret ingredient and how safe it is.

So do feed my envy by letting me know how your experiments are going! Maybe I will try emu oil on them. I have a fairly good set to now try and “cultivate” and hope that I wont be tempted to go back to extensions. Maybe if the ingredient is safe I will be willing to sacrifice short term uglies and palpable discomfort around my eyes to get a set of bambis but at the moment, I have stopped using it. Wah!
Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Blacklace--Sorry to hear about your reaction to the JM lash serum. I myself, used to be extremely allergic to a lot of skincare products, but have developed resistance over the years and now can use most about anything. Perhaps you should wait a few days or a week before reapplication? The JM is such a wonderful product. In the meanwhile, besides the emu oil, other members have mentioned castor oil as a lash stimulant. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Skincareaddicted,

hey thanks for that suggestion! my eyes feel so much better though in the past two days now that i am off it (regretfully!) i cannot tell what is causing the reaction though as all ingredients in JM are not known. i will try the castor oil and be more patient. i did love the dramatic effect of the JM.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I received my JM in the mail today. I am sooo excited. Despite all the controversy regarding the secret ingredient in the product, I am going to use it unless I have a reaction like blacklace. From what I understand, Jan Marini AI eyelash has been around for at least a year(?). The only side effects I have heard of are similar to what blacklace has experienced (redness, swelling). Hopefully I will not have any adverse reaction so I can grow long, beautiful lashes!
chevycamarolvr
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered this from EDS last week, but it was on backorder. Sad

I can't wait to get it. I hope it ships soon!
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Gals,

I wish you lots of luck that you don't have reactions...

maybe try and limit the products you put on your eyes while you are using it or stagger the application....one thing you can be sure of, you will see some lovely lashes fast!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:03 am      Reply with quote
I did some research on this and I believe that the so-called secret ingredient that JM lists is "Transforming Growth Factor Beta-1 aka TGF Beta-1." It might be worth it to do an in-depth search on this ingredient to read about the clinical tests, side-effects, etc. Everyone should decide for themselves if this is an ingredient they feel comfortable using.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the JM for about 2 months. After about the first week, I did have some irritation slightly above and along the upper lashline. I quit using JM for 4 or 5 days at that point until the irritation was gone. Then I started using it again, being very very careful to keep it ON the lashline and not get any onto my eyelid skin. I've had no problem with irritation since then.

I use the product every night, except for an occasional night here and there when I'm too tired or lazy, and I can report positive results. My lashes are a little longer, a little thicker and a little darker than before JM. It's nothing hugely dramatic, certainly doesn't look like fake lashes. But, for my previously pitiful, post-menopausal, almost non-existent lashes? It's amazing and I love it. Oh, and no shedding so far.

I plan to continue use every night for the next 4 weeks to get the full 90 day effect and then drop down to every few nights for maintenance.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:00 am      Reply with quote
funny thing, right after i posted the response to blacklace, my own eyes started tearing up and turning really red and irritated. I am not sure if it's because of the jan marini or my new ice elements eye cream since i started both recently. i am gonna stop using both for a couple days since my eyes are killing me. i hope it's because of the weather or something...

also, i notice lots of eye lash growth near my lash line towards the corners of my eyes. i think it's from getting the serum in my eyes and tearing up. very strange, i never had very many eyelashes there, especially in the bottom inner corners! they grow in weird directions too, anyone notice that?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Oh I want to try this *sssooooooo* bad!

Every place I've looked is either backordered or they've raised the price to $200.

I just called the corporate office of Jan Marini (I'm about 25 miles away). They're not sure when the item will be available Crying or Very sad
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |