Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

fine lines or bad skin texture?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm starting to go absolutely insane about this one area of skin on my cheekbone. Notice I did not say its both cheekbones. I cannot tell exactly what to think of the texture of my skin on my left cheekbone...the pores look much more noticable than on my right, and the texture is really uneven looking which in the right lighting sometimes tries convincing me they are microscopic lines, or just that i really really need to exfoliate to smooth my skin out. i do the cetaphil and baking soda method for exfoliation, and it helps a lot, but within a week i have to do it all over again. I know for a fact this can be taken care of but I don't really know what I should use to do it.

I'm currently using my exfoliation method once or twice a week after washing my face with cetaphil, and i use PSF vitamin C with paula's choice skin recovery hydration mask. I wash with water in the morning followed by cetaphil lotion then mineral makeup.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I find the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel to be great for refining skin texture.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Do you drive much? What you're describing sounds exactly like the effect people have when the sun on the driver's side hits the left side of their face so it accumulates more sun damage over time. Could be you need a better sunscreen?
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
my windows are tinted. they have been for about 7-8 months. im not sure what it is but since using vitamin C my skin is much much smoother.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same thing! I think that JBGAP helps more than anything, as well as other acids when I get brave. I think it's more related to an area with slower cell turnover than the res tof the face than fine lines or anything.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
do you mind me asking what is jbgap? my skin is relatively healthy and what not but i am noticing slowly but surely my skin is recovering. im too young for skin damage..and i enjoy a soft look minus nasty pores:(

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:43 am      Reply with quote
purpleturtle wrote:
do you mind me asking what is jbgap? my skin is relatively healthy and what not but i am noticing slowly but surely my skin is recovering. im too young for skin damage..and i enjoy a soft look minus nasty pores:(

I'm sorry! I meant the juice beauty green apple peel. It saved me Smile
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
i went on the juice beauty site and there is an option of 2 apple peels...one for sensitive skin, one that is full strength. which do you recommend?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:30 am      Reply with quote
purpleturtle wrote:
i went on the juice beauty site and there is an option of 2 apple peels...one for sensitive skin, one that is full strength. which do you recommend?

If you have a sephora, it would be ebst to get samples, but I know for most the sensitive is too mild to produce any results, I'd recommend getting the regular and if your skin is sensitive only leaving it on for a shorter amount of time. Smile
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
purpleturtle wrote:
I'm starting to go absolutely insane about this one area of skin on my cheekbone. Notice I did not say its both cheekbones. I cannot tell exactly what to think of the texture of my skin on my left cheekbone...the pores look much more noticable than on my right, and the texture is really uneven looking which in the right lighting sometimes tries convincing me they are microscopic lines, or just that i really really need to exfoliate to smooth my skin out. i do the cetaphil and baking soda method for exfoliation, and it helps a lot, but within a week i have to do it all over again. I know for a fact this can be taken care of but I don't really know what I should use to do it.

I'm currently using my exfoliation method once or twice a week after washing my face with cetaphil, and i use PSF vitamin C with paula's choice skin recovery hydration mask. I wash with water in the morning followed by cetaphil lotion then mineral makeup.

I have this too, this asymmetrical skin thing-- the skin around my left eye is more prone to darkness and dryness than my right is. Also, my left eyebrow is sparser than my right! I mean, it's not that noticable; in fact, no one has ever noticed except me when I'm sitting a foot away from my mirror putting my makeup on. It is a slight annoyance, however. I just make sure I put more of my eye gel and creams on the left side and make sure I don't over tweeze that side either.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Read your private messages xzou - top right. I just sent you one with some good advice.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
i really think ppl need to elaborate on their respond
anyway..r those lines caused by dryness? i'm also using vit c serum and it hasn't made huge difference on my skin..yet i've only been using it for a few weeks now so maybe it's too early to say whether it works?
but the rosehip oil i'm using definite helps..it improves my skin tone helps with dryness
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
purpleturtle wrote:

purpleturtle have you used AHAs before? If not you may want to be carefull with either of the Juice Beauty Peels. Our forum member Poco Loco who has roseacea cannot tolerate any AHAs and I think that it is something that can be a problem for many roseacea sufferers. I am not saying you can't use them just be careful!
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
ive never used AHA's before. to be honest im scared to get into what i see as more intense products. my sister is 31 and uses does lots of glycolic peels and uses all the aha's and what not and her skin has not improved in my opinion all that much..im trying to get rid of these pores though. its like their are the finest microscopic lines (perhaps they are not lines but i have no other way of describing them) between them and they arent caused by expression but are simply there and the skin builds up and needs to be shed off. my main concern is refining these damn pores on the sides by my temples and left side of my cheekbone. they are very noticable to me and all i want is nice smooth looking skin :/

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |