Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shiseido SPF 34 or Shiseido 55 or DHC White SPF 25?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard so much positive feedback about Shiseido's SPF body and face lotions. When I went to the Bay to check it out, they offered a SPF 34 (which is subtitled Smooth wear or something like that) and another with SPF 55. Can anybody tell me the difference between the two as far as moisture, consistency, heaviness, and application? I also read that a good cleansing oil is needed for the Shiseido sunscreen, since it can clog pores. Any thoughts? Is wearing an SPF 55 on a daily basis a little SPF overboard? Especially for those who are in the office most of the day?

Also thinking about trying DHC's White SPF 25. I've heard a lot of great things about this suncreen.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried all three. I should preface this by saying that I have very oily skin.

I am currently using shisiedo spf 55, in the winter I use their spf 33. Both of these have been my HG for awhile. They do not cause my face to become oily or breakout. They are very matte when applied. The spf 55 is a bit thicker than the 33, but after applied they feel the same.

I only used the DHC sunscreen once. It made my face extremely oily, so I didn't continue with it.

It should be noted that waterproof sunscreens don't necessarily clog your pores. You do need to make sure you have a cleanser that will remove it, though. I have found that shiseido's foam cleanser and amore pacific's treatment cleanser take off my water proof sunscreen with no problem. My cellcosmet gel does not, so when I cleanse with the cellcosmet, I use and cleansing oil before to remove my SS. Adequate cleansing is important as any residue (SS or something else) has the potential to clog pores.
dolly*eye
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Shiseido sunblock. I have been using the SPF 55 one (cream) and even with such high SPF the texture is fine and there is no white paste/residue. I've tried the ones with lower SPF at the counters, and the texture seems identical. To suit my needs, I went for the higher SPF one, and I love it!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, it looks like this line is very popular with sunblocks! I should visit their counter next time I'm at the mall.
Alix
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I have tried Shiseido SPF 34 for a week. I found it very difficult to take it off. I was affraid that I willl end up hurting my face (instead of protecting my face from sun rays) Sad So I went back to Sears and get my money back Bad Grin
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I use either the Shiseido 55 or Sophina Nuance and love them both. The 55 is hard to wash off but I don't mind and use oils to remove it. It's especially good, if I'm going to be out and about a lot in the sun.

I also tend toward very oily skin though that has balanced as of late to a more normal state. I am now about 15% oily compared to my old 100%.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I tried the DHC sunscreen, and I was surprised that it was so light and dried so matte. It had no smell and left my face feeling soft, and not oily. I only used it twice, though! I have combo/dry skin.
TOGirl75
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone know if the Sofina sunscreen is easier to wash off than the Shiseido?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
with an oil cleanser, sofina and shiseido come off easily. i have never tried to remove them with a regular cleanser.

i have also tried both DHC and I was a long time shiseido spf 55 user. the shiseido is a good sunscreen, but it is a bit oily. DHC, i tried a sample once or twice and thought it was ok too. I am currently using sofina and sunkiller which are both NOT oily and actually have a matting effect on the skin. i highly recommend those over shiseido and DHC. HTH

5% products discount

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I was a Shishedo addit Very Happy until I discovered an organic/natural sunblock from France called PHYT's SPF 40 Sunblock. It's made up of 98% organic plant ingredients. I told a friend of mine and she found a place online that carries this product in the US. You might just want to do a Google search to find it.

BTW, I was not happy when I discovered that Shishedo has fillers and petrochemicals in its products. I've completely switched my makeup over to Jane Iredale and Phyt's Cosmetics.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have combination skin and my pores have a tendency to clog up easily. I would say that if you're using any sort of heavyduty sunscreen, you should use a cleansing oil before your regular facewash to get it all off.

I have only tried Shiseido's SPF55 and I really like it. I am using DHC's White Sunscreen now and like it even better. The texture is just much, much nicer. Unfortunately, it's also much, much more expensive.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |