Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone tried La mer?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:16 am      Reply with quote
it sounds so magic, i got a sample and since it is very rich, i tried it on only at night, it did brighten up my face immediately, but after one week i got quite a few breakouts on my forehead. I am hesitating now. can anyone share their experience with me?

my skin is comination/oily on T zone!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Not that I have wrinkles yet, but I would never use it, it seems like overpriced mineral oil. There seem to be alot of other great moisturizers,wrinkle reducers out there for half the price, such as ultra emu oil. It probably broke you out b/c it is intended for dry mature skin(and the overload of mineral oil). I would suggest doing some searches for things like rosehip oil, HA serum, emu oil....quite a few people love them all and there is alot of info on them. Very Happy
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Not that I have wrinkles yet, but I would never use it, it seems like overpriced mineral oil. There seem to be alot of other great moisturizers,wrinkle reducers out there for half the price, such as ultra emu oil. It probably broke you out b/c it is intended for dry mature skin(and the overload of mineral oil). I would suggest doing some searches for things like rosehip oil, HA serum, emu oil....quite a few people love them all and there is alot of info on them. Very Happy

Thanks, that's what I thought, but most of the anti-aging products are made for dry skin. I don't have wrinkles yet but i am 32 already, preventive is never too early to start. I would do some research one emu oil.
willowsnow
5% products discount

Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I have tried La mer in a sample and I think that Dr Hauschka Rose cream is just as nice and a lot cheaper) if you apply it using the same massaging way!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:39 am      Reply with quote
willowsnow wrote:
I have tried La mer in a sample and I think that Dr Hauschka Rose cream is just as nice and a lot cheaper) if you apply it using the same massaging way!

Dr Hauschka Rose cream is for extremely dry skin I assume?
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
i was suckered by advertising (learned my lesson) into buying La Mer for my mom (she is 56) and for the exorbitant price it is waaay overrated..i would never put it on my face as it is too heavy..i prefer serums. most real reviews find that it is mostly hype.

i did try the handcream and liked it very much (one reason being it does not wash of when i wash my hands) but will definitely be looking to other products when it is through!

I am starting to look at percentage of active ingredients in products...there are lots of other suggestions (even DIY) for algae based creams on this forum that I am sure work as well or better...

(Having said that i booked myself in, albeit with trepidation, for a caviar facial on saturday as like you i am starting to worry about taking more care of my skin...i think its more symbolic as i have not had a facial since i was 18!)

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I like La Mer for my sensitive skin and because you can just use it for everything (eyes, lips, face, neck, etc.). I mainly just keep it in my travel case because it's $$. I've found great results from a homemade cream that I received in a swap and am going to try to make it as well!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
skin adict2 wrote:
I like La Mer for my sensitive skin and because you can just use it for everything (eyes, lips, face, neck, etc.). I mainly just keep it in my travel case because it's $$. I've found great results from a homemade cream that I received in a swap and am going to try to make it as well!

What i heard is, the worse your skin condition is , the better result you will receive from La mer. my skin is basically fine, a little bit dehydrated yet oily somehow. I will see if Valmont works on me.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I love La Mer , especially the smell. I did break out from it on my face, so used it just on my hands. I know they have an oilfree version available. If only it weren't so expensive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
I love La Mer , especially the smell. I did break out from it on my face, so used it just on my hands. I know they have an oilfree version available. If only it weren't so expensive.

isn't that too expensive for your hand? lol, i wont spend more than 10 bucks on my hands. Rolling Eyes
akhl
5% products discount

Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Consider the price of Valmont and La Mer are almost the same, I think Valmont is much better.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
c4ward wrote:

isn't that too expensive for your hand? lol, i wont spend more than 10 bucks on my hands. Rolling Eyes

If you think it's too expensive to just use on your hands I actually have a neighbour who uses La Mer on her 3 dogs Confused in order to help "soothe their redness & irritation" she says Eh?. But I'm glad it works for them at least, because it did nothing for me except give me more breakouts/rashes! Mad
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using La Mer on and off for about 3 years. 3 years ago I did not really exam my skin to see if it worked and to me La Mer is an expensive skin care line - it must be good. And Creme De La Mer is a good moisturizer.

I changed many skin care products during last 12 months BUT whenever I feel I need to calm down my face or need basic skin care I always go back the La Mer. Why? I don't know. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
akhl wrote:
Consider the price of Valmont and La Mer are almost the same, I think Valmont is much better.

can't say now, will receive Valmont in a week, but based on the reviews i tend to agree with you!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
gracedhy wrote:
c4ward wrote:

If you think it's too expensive to just use on your hands I actually have a neighbour who uses La Mer on her 3 dogs Confused in order to help "soothe their redness & irritation" she says Eh?. But I'm glad it works for them at least, because it did nothing for me except give me more breakouts/rashes! Mad

well la mer is safe on babies, so i guess it should be all right on dogs. our skins are very similar, i tend to break out very quickly. given the price i paid, i am expecting more from this magic cream!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
I've been using La Mer on and off for about 3 years. 3 years ago I did not really exam my skin to see if it worked and to me La Mer is an expensive skin care line - it must be good. And Creme De La Mer is a good moisturizer.

I changed many skin care products during last 12 months BUT whenever I feel I need to calm down my face or need basic skin care I always go back the La Mer. Why? I don't know. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Hi Macrisis, is your skin dry/sensitive type? it works for certain people, no doubt about it. but not me. Sad
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I broke out from the sample I tried (which lasted about 4-5 days). I felt like it was too rich for my oily T.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
debbied wrote:
I broke out from the sample I tried (which lasted about 4-5 days). I felt like it was too rich for my oily T.

same for me, i only use it at night, dare not to dry for daytime. after one week i got a few pimples. Sad
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
never have a try,several times i want to buy it,my skincare friends persuade me not to buy it Wink
Mabsy

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:55 am      Reply with quote
CDLM works on my skin when it's really stressed out. I remember that I saw a big difference in my skin, as did my other half, when I first started using it but once my skin recovered (few days) the CDLM didn't seem to do much. I do like to keep this on hand for when times are "tough" skin-wise but I have run out a while ago and have not yet repurchased. Mainly, because I use it so rarely that I can't justify buying a whole jar of it Rolling Eyes
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
CDLM works on my skin when it's really stressed out. I remember that I saw a big difference in my skin, as did my other half, when I first started using it but once my skin recovered (few days) the CDLM didn't seem to do much. I do like to keep this on hand for when times are "tough" skin-wise but I have run out a while ago and have not yet repurchased. Mainly, because I use it so rarely that I can't justify buying a whole jar of it Rolling Eyes

maybe a small sample is sufficient, you can go to different stores and ask for it! Smile
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
The cream is too rich for me... (I have oily skin). But works wonders for my friend who has dry sensitive skin in the east coast climate.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
amaska wrote:
The cream is too rich for me... (I have oily skin). But works wonders for my friend who has dry sensitive skin in the east coast climate.

i still have a few left in the sample. i will leave it until the temp drops to minus 30 and try it on, otherwise it is way too rich for my skin. i have a few breakouts, the sales lady said la mer can even help smoonthing out the breakouts!!!
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
[quote="gracedhy]
Hi Macrisis, is your skin dry/sensitive type? it works for certain people, no doubt about it. but not me. Sad[/quote]

My skin is combination but towards dry side. My skin is rubber tough and thank GOD acne or black heads are the only skin problems I do not have.

When I said it's a good moisturizer I meant it moisturized good but I really did not see if it helped my wrinkles or firmed my face. I do not know if it's fair for me say that because when I used it regularly AM & PM for almost 2 years but back then I never checked if any cream improved my skin. And by the time I started to check I have not us CDLM regularly. Do I make sense?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
[quote="gracedhy]
Hi Macrisis, is your skin dry/sensitive type? it works for certain people, no doubt about it. but not me. Sad

My skin is combination but towards dry side. My skin is rubber tough and thank GOD acne or black heads are the only skin problems I do not have.

When I said it's a good moisturizer I meant it moisturized good but I really did not see if it helped my wrinkles or firmed my face. I do not know if it's fair for me say that because when I used it regularly AM & PM for almost 2 years but back then I never checked if any cream improved my skin. And by the time I started to check I have not us CDLM regularly. Do I make sense?[/quote]

so the conclusion is, la mer is more for dry skin! it's definietly not a cream for everyone!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |