Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Sisley lovers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I heard a lot about Sisley, last week I got a few samples of their products, gentle buffing cream, express radiant mask and flower express mask, those 3 work wonders on me. But since I ordered Valmont renewing pack, i dont know if i should buy the flower express mask.

another product is the ecological compound, it is one of the best-sellers. but i was told not to use it since my skin will tend to breakout.
would love to hear any comments about Sisley!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I used Sisley products a lot in my thirties. Was a big fan of Hydraflash and used it consistently for several years, then Sisleya Global Anti-age, but have moved on to other things that suit me better now.

I also used up quite a few tubes of the Express Flower Gel Mask, and was very happy with it. If you've ordered Valmont Renewing Pack you probably don't "need" to buy the Express Flower Gel Laughing but you could always alternate? As I'm sure you've noticed, the Valmont Renewing Pack is loved by many on this forum, including me Very Happy

Oh, and I have a friend who's a heavy smoker and worried about lines around the mouth who swears by the Sisley Eye & Lip Countour Balm, but I haven't tried it myself.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
I used Sisley products a lot in my thirties. Was a big fan of Hydraflash and used it consistently for several years, then Sisleya Global Anti-age, but have moved on to other things that suit me better now.

I also used up quite a few tubes of the Express Flower Gel Mask, and was very happy with it. If you've ordered Valmont Renewing Pack you probably don't "need" to buy the Express Flower Gel Laughing but you could always alternate? As I'm sure you've noticed, the Valmont Renewing Pack is loved by many on this forum, including me Very Happy

Oh, and I have a friend who's a heavy smoker and worried about lines around the mouth who swears by the Sisley Eye & Lip Countour Balm, but I haven't tried it myself.

good to know! I'm in my early 30's now. too bad EDS doesn't carry Sisley, I found Canadian always pay a premium for the products. I am going to Paris next week and will certainly bring back a few of Sisley's. including Night Complex, restorative cream with shea butter.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:39 am      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
appletini wrote:

good to know! I'm in my early 30's now. too bad EDS doesn't carry Sisley, I found Canadian always pay a premium for the products. I am going to Paris next week and will certainly bring back a few of Sisley's. including Night Complex, restorative cream with shea butter.

most european skincare lines r so much cheaper in paris..if u're a fan of dr haushka/caudalie/vichy/roc etc, u'll have so much fun shopping at the pharmacies in paris!!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
milodomi wrote:
gracedhy wrote:
appletini wrote:

most european skincare lines r so much cheaper in paris..if u're a fan of dr haushka/caudalie/vichy/roc etc, u'll have so much fun shopping at the pharmacies in paris!!

I am really looking forward to it. but i am a big fan of Valmont, which I dont think i can find it easily in Paris! Sad
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much. I think I'll hold off.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use a lot of Sisley products a few years ago & I generally find their products quite good, but very overpriced! I was a big fan of the express flower gel mask too as it's so hydrating, my other fav was the restorative facial cream with shea butter which helped calm my sensitive skin. But nowadays I'm happier using Dr H products. Smile
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
I used to use a lot of Sisley products a few years ago & I generally find their products quite good, but very overpriced! I was a big fan of the express flower gel mask too as it's so hydrating, my other fav was the restorative facial cream with shea butter which helped calm my sensitive skin. But nowadays I'm happier using Dr H products. Smile

me too, i love both of the products you mentioned, but here in Canada it is very overpriced. you can try to order from some US websites. I think Dr H products are more for dry skins?
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:29 am      Reply with quote
I have a Sisley lipgloss - Grendine. It is absolutely gorgeous.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:18 am      Reply with quote
i was/am a huge fan of Sisley products but, unfortunately, many of them contain shea butter whick breaks me out like crazy. their sunscreen products are the absolute best -- unfortunately very costly and, again, use the dreaded shea butter. if you don't have problems with shea, you're pretty safe. the products are lovely but even expensive in paris. (have not found Valmont here either, but the most likely place would be in Bon Marché. (huge upscale department store that is fairly generous with samples and you can ask for forms to fill out to get back VATs, i think it's 15%.)
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:30 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
i was/am a huge fan of Sisley products but, unfortunately, many of them contain shea butter whick breaks me out like crazy. their sunscreen products are the absolute best -- unfortunately very costly and, again, use the dreaded shea butter. if you don't have problems with shea, you're pretty safe. the products are lovely but even expensive in paris. (have not found Valmont here either, but the most likely place would be in Bon Marché. (huge upscale department store that is fairly generous with samples and you can ask for forms to fill out to get back VATs, i think it's 15%.)

I would have to agree about the shea butter, I find it way too rich for my skin to use everyday, which is why I unfortunately had to stop using my beloved restorative facial cream only because I always got breakouts from it. I also didn't like the fact that most of their creams/moisturisers had mineral oil as the main ingredient, I found this really clogged my pores as well Sad
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:20 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose and safire:

I am surprised that you guys found shea butter is too rich, i, on the other hand, find it is very light. in fact, i think the restorative cream may be too light for the canadian winter.
but i do hear the ecological compound gives you break-outs.
i am using kiehl's blue herbal water for my t-zone, it is great, my acnes from using la mer just disappeared.
la vie en rose, i will try to go to the store you mentioned, yes it is not cheap either in paris, but with the tax refund should be cheaper than canada. sometimes i really hate living in canada. Rolling Eyes
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:56 am      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:

I am surprised that you guys found shea butter is too rich, i, on the other hand, find it is very light. in fact, i think the restorative cream may be too light for the canadian winter.
i am using kiehl's blue herbal water for my t-zone, it is great, my acnes from using la mer just disappeared.
la vie en rose, i will try to go to the store you mentioned, yes it is not cheap either in paris, but with the tax refund should be cheaper than canada. sometimes i really hate living in canada. Rolling Eyes

Laughing It's just probably too rich for the Australian weather, which is quite hot & humid most of the time! Rolling Eyes If you find the restorative cream too light then maybe try their confort extreme (?sp) one instead which is for very dry/sensitive skin & is quite rich & thick. Yes I found the ecological compund gave me breakouts, again mainly because of the high mineral oil content Sad But I also think Sisley is much better for slightly more mature or dry skin, which is why I found their products gave me breakouts, as I am 23yo with combo skin. But their products are generally very good if you can use/afford them.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
gracedhy wrote:

Laughing It's just probably too rich for the Australian weather, which is quite hot & humid most of the time! Rolling Eyes If you find the restorative cream too light then maybe try their confort extreme (?sp) one instead which is for very dry/sensitive skin & is quite rich & thick. Yes I found the ecological compund gave me breakouts, again mainly because of the high mineral oil content Sad But I also think Sisley is much better for slightly more mature or dry skin, which is why I found their products gave me breakouts, as I am 23yo with combo skin. But their products are generally very good if you can use/afford them.

Thanks safire, have you tired their tropical resin? it's is oil free, and made for oily/combination skin, i found it is very good. you may want to try that one in the humid weather.
Charmed1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Sisley and really like their products.

Sisley Facial Mask with Linden Blossom is great ~ my favorite mask.

I, also, like the Restorative Facial Cream, but it is not moisturizing enough for me in the winter weather. La Mer works remarkably well for me as a moisturizer in cold weather.

I hate to say that I spent 380 dollars on Sisley Daily Line Reducer; I really loved it ,but, it was just too expensive for me to use on a regular basis.

Sisley, also, has some good innovative sunscreens.

Overall, I really like this line! It is one of my favorite lines and one of only a few lines that works on my super-sensitive skin with rosacea.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
Thanks safire, have you tired their tropical resin? it's is oil free, and made for oily/combination skin, i found it is very good. you may want to try that one in the humid weather.

Yes I used to use the whole tropical resins range when I had very oily skin & the products helped my skin A LOT! My pores where much smaller & I eventually got fewer breakouts too. But I find the range a bit overdrying now, as I think it's better for oily/very oily skin instead.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Charmed1 wrote:
I have used Sisley and really like their products.

Sisley Facial Mask with Linden Blossom is great ~ my favorite mask.

I, also, like the Restorative Facial Cream, but it is not moisturizing enough for me in the winter weather. La Mer works remarkably well for me as a moisturizer in cold weather.

I hate to say that I spent 380 dollars on Sisley Daily Line Reducer; I really loved it ,but, it was just too expensive for me to use on a regular basis.

Sisley, also, has some good innovative sunscreens.

Overall, I really like this line! It is one of my favorite lines and one of only a few lines that works on my super-sensitive skin with rosacea.

charmed1 are you in Canada? i just came back from Holt refrew, they have a specilist came from Paris there today to do a free consultation. she recommended a lot of products from clenser to cream, i will definitely go bankrupt if i use all sisley products! the intensive day cream alone is CAD 320 already! it's much more expensive than Valmont.
too sad we are paying significantly higher prices in Canada, for the ecological compound, i know paris price is about 105 euro, and here is CAD 245+TAX. i have to find some replacements.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
gracedhy wrote:

Yes I used to use the whole tropical resins range when I had very oily skin & the products helped my skin A LOT! My pores where much smaller & I eventually got fewer breakouts too. But I find the range a bit overdrying now, as I think it's better for oily/very oily skin instead.

safire you are rich! at 23 you can afford sisley already! :
Charmed1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I am in the United States ~ Washington, DC area. I wish I could pay Paris prices, that would be great!

Sisley can get pricey with just a few products! I do love their masks and the Restorative Cream, though.

Usually, depending on your skin type ~ a cheaper cleanser can be used and that helps cut expenses.

I try to focus my money on the moisturizers and serums. Totally off topic ~ Remergent Skin Care is at EDS and I really want to try the DNA repair serum!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Charmed1 wrote:
I am in the United States ~ Washington, DC area. I wish I could pay Paris prices, that would be great!

Sisley can get pricey with just a few products! I do love their masks and the Restorative Cream, though.

Usually, depending on your skin type ~ a cheaper cleanser can be used and that helps cut expenses.

I try to focus my money on the moisturizers and serums. Totally off topic ~ Remergent Skin Care is at EDS and I really want to try the DNA repair serum!

i agree with you, i dont want to spend too much on the cleaser and toners, but eye cream and moisturizers are very important! i read reviews on the Remergent DNA, it sounds very good, i also want to try Valmont bio-cellular. recenlty i just fall in love with swiss products! gosh we have only one face but there are so many i want to try! Rolling Eyes
Charmed1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
I know ~ we need more than one face and loads of money to try it all!!!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I emailed EDS, actually they thought of adding sisley lines before, if there is enough demand, they will do it. so for sisley lovers, if you want EDS have your favorite product, please post here!
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'm currently using Sisley products... Smile overall, they work great on my skin .. no breakouts, and definately improved my skin texture ( I used to get lots of breakouts and blackheads ) I'm actually surprised to see that my blackheads have actually gone! After have been using Sisley for 4 months.. i can feel that my face is so smooth and bright Very Happy

The products that I've tried are:
Creamy Mousse Cleanser, Cleansing Milk with sage, Phyto-blanc Buff and wash , Eye and lip makeup remover, Ecological compound, Restorative facial cream, Express flower gel, ask with tropical resins, Mask with liden blossom, Radiant glow express mask, Floral toning lotion, Floral spray mist, All day all year, Eye and lip contour balm

The ones that I like most are those 4 types of mask! Especially the flower gel and radiant glow express mask, I love them more than Renewing Pack. The creamy mousse cleanser is probably the best makeup remover for me right now, highly recommend for you to try! Another good product is the Restorative facial cream, it's my parents' fav! If you have redness, and you put this on over night, it's gone by the next morning! works great on sunburn too.

Others are good too .. just I cant really say which one improved my skin coz I'm using them all together Laughing But I definately think it is more for mature skin. My parents started using Sisley 5 years ago and I must say that I was surprised to see how they look now! (after 3 years of not seeing them) Many people think they are 10 yrs younger than they are! I think what they are using are the daily line reducer, night complex, and global anti-age.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:52 am      Reply with quote
hi christine, i have used samples for Restorative facial cream, Express flower gel, Radiant glow express mask, intensive day cream, eye and lip contour balm, tropical resins. i love all of them. however since i bought the renewing pack, i don't want to purchase flower mask and radiant at this moment, although i haven't tried the renewing pack yet.

I am going to Paris this satruday, and my shopping list is: floral toning lotion, eye and lip contour balm, Phyto-blanc Buff and wash, Creamy Mousse Cleanser, night complex, intensive night cream, and maybe ecological compound,

what is your skin type? i am afraid ecological compund would give me breakouts due to its rich ingredient. mine is oily/combination.

where do you live now? i found sisley in Canada is very very expensive, for instance, the intensive night cream is CAD 345, that's why i dont want to purchase them in Canada.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
also the skin specialist from paris sisley told me the other day they usually put new customer on restorative cream, it is more for winter,

the makeup remover just looks lovely, the light green colour is very tempting!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |