Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Larenium Mineral Makeup
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
The health food store I go to just started carrying this line of mineral makeup-- Larenium (I hope I'm spelling that right!). I can't find any info about it online, so I was wondering if any of the ladies here have given it a go? The eye shadow and blush colors look really pigmented... And I guess if no one has, I'll just have to buy some anyway to sate my curiousity... Laughing
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
I used Larenim (Reverse of Mineral)from last September for about 10 months and I liked it a lot. Kirsten is very helpful. And their ingredient list is very simple, most of the products only have 4 ingredients. The best part is it does not contain Bismuth Oxychloride
that causes allergy reaction and leaves your face a shiny look.

I discovered other foundation (Has mineral in it but not pure mineral.) few months ago and fall in love with it.

If you want PURE MMU then I think Larenim is a very good choice. I've used JI, BE and few other not so popular MMU brands and Larenim is the best IMHO. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I have tried Larenim recently. I found that is is not irritating at all, like most MMU's are for me. I think this is due to the fact that their zinc & Tit. oxides are coated with silicone.

On the negative side, this MMU does not stick on my brushes as well as other MMU's. Can't figure that out but much of it wafts up into the air when I try to get it on my brush.

The other negative is that the coverage is very light. People who want a lot of coverage will not get it here--at least not in the loose formula. I haven't tried the compact. I would like to know if the pressed version is different than this.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I found the website. (Spelled it wrong first time around Embarassed. ) Has anyone ordered samples through the website before?
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:51 am      Reply with quote
That's how I started - ordered samples from Larenim's website.

I went to a MMU training class (held by a MMU company but can not remember the name) last year and the instructor told me the reason they have Bisumth in their products is because that way the MMU stays on skin better. Question Question Question

As for the coverage, PocoLoco is right, if you're looking for heavy coverage then it might not work for you. I don't know if there's any trick to do it.

If you're using other brand MMU now and wonder the matching color for Larenim, you can call Kirsten and she'll match the color for you. Make sure you ask for Kirsten or e-mail her personally because I know a EDS member had some negative experience with her staff. HTH

5% products discount

Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Poco Loco. The coverage is very light. I only use this on my "clear skin" days. For someone with clear skin, this a very natural looking MMU. Other MMU's that I like are PureLuxe and Aromaleigh.
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I just love Larenim. It's true that it's light coverage but then my skin has gotten better since I started using it so I just don't need as much coverage.

As for samples, if you email Kristin and describe your coloring and what you are looking for, she will give you suggestions.

The drag is that there's so much more online than the colors that are on display in the stores. I'm planning on mentioning that because I don't want to always spend 3.50 just to see if I like something.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
I was just at whole foods today (my first time actually Smile ) looking for the juice beauty apple peel sample, but the one i was at didn't carry the line unfortunately. wandering around, i saw the larenum mineral makeup display and the eye shadows caught my eye immediately. they have beautiful colors, i ended up getting the "northern lights" (a light purplish lavendar color) and i am excited to try it tomorrow.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I really do like their foundation-yes the coverage is lighter than some of the others but it works for me most days. I order it online b/c unfortunately there aren't any health food stores that close to me. Give it a try. Very Happy
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:14 am      Reply with quote
ive seen this at the stores and after reading this thread i am quite interested.. does it have enough coverage to cover redness?
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:46 am      Reply with quote
The compact version of Larenim has more coverage than their loose version. I don't think that the loose version has quite enough coverage to cover redness--not for me, anyway.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
about a year later, i have to say i am really impressed with the larenim mineral eye shadow i got.

i bought samples of lumiere and alima when manslayerliz posted the discount codes but found samples from both lines to be hard to work with and both not so pigmented.

planning on getting some more larenim eyeshadows though i should probably just buy samples as i am certain i will never finish a whole pot of mineral eye shadow.

Kris

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:05 am      Reply with quote
I am very interested in mineral makeup. It's cheap and high quality. it's one of brand I will try it soon.
trailrocketgirl

Sun May 11, 2008 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I like Larinium makeup except the mascara. It clumps and is dry. It also is under my eyes before I even get out the door. It smears too. I was very disappointed with it. The mineral makeup is very natural looking and I like the brushes I got with it.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |