Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Well I did it. I am trying Amino Genisis in place of ISC...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know why, maybe the female in me. I also decided on the Dr.H crème cleanser vs. the cellcosmet creme cleanser. God, in retrospect I am now second-guessing myself. I needed a lot and thought, what the hell. Not to mention many reviews on the three products. Oh, yeah the other two were Amino Genesis Trip and Photo. I just received the 1000-hour eyelash tint kit too. I will let you know if the neighbors recognize me….

Babs

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Babs

Please do a review of the photo & trip and compare it with ISC.

I really want to know which you prefer because I have been thinking aout the photo & trip too.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm just starting on Photolagen now actually. I bought it a while ago but other things "got in the way" - you know how it is Smile

Btw, I cannot believe that you went for Dr H over Cellcosmet!!! Razz I love both but they are very different products - the Dr H CC is a grainy paste that is more for cleaning out the pores than actually removing makeup.
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, I am glad you mentioned the pore clean out, that was my reason for buying Dr. H creme cleanser. I have never purchased a product to clean pores and haven't had a facial in almost 2 years. (The reason for lack of facials is because my skin doesn't look any better afterwards since I started taking care of my skin, and facials in my area go for $50-150.00 USD and of course I go towards full pampering 125-150.00 plus tip.)
I also thought if I don't like (Dr.H) it isn't cold enough yet (we are just getting into fall) I have time to buy cellcosmet for moisturizing before we drop down to 30-degree days.
I also picked up the ingredients for Carekates eyelash protein potion pre lash tinting and also included small 2oz. Bottle of EMU oil. I don’t know how I will use it yet…
I will use the products for 15 days, review and then again at 6 weeks.
Until then, take care!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:32 am      Reply with quote
I have the photolagen & just wanted to mention that's it's important to apply it first. I was using it over ISC active or prevage (in summer) & it felt like a nice lightweight moisturizer-that's it. Now I use it before active & my skin feels smoother & exfoliated in the morning. In othe words, it feels like it's doing something Very Happy

Next problem, how the heck am I incorporate remergent DNA repair... Confused
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:35 am      Reply with quote
My plan was to eliminate the ISC line for a while. I will… A.M.. routine~cleanse, Tripeptinon then moisturize P.M.~same but use the photolagen. Is this right? My skin can take anything. I usually don't breakout or clog too much.
Any comments/suggestions appreciated. Idea Gee, now I feel like I am applying too much of the same ingrediants.... Neutral

Babs

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Um..reverse it. Photolagen in the a.m. Tripe(whatever) p.m. over photolagen. The Trip is oily in feel (although it sinks right in)and is more of a treatment so should be used at night. Smile I personally use the photolagen only p.m. since I use C serums in the a.m. However, depending on your skin type, there is no reason not to use photo in the a.m. as well -it's very lightweight. Smile
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Ive been using Photlagen for a few weeks now. SHould i be applying this before Vt C Serum or after. Im not sure if i am noticing any results just yet but maybe its to early to see. Its kind of strange - a little really does go along way but once ive put it on it feels like it has gone right into my skin - there is not any moisturised feeling when i touch my face. Is this a good thing - meaning that it really is sinking in and leaving no film?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Next problem, how the heck am I incorporate remergent DNA repair... Confused

i use it after my C serum (Pro-Heal) in the a.m.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Barbara,
How would you compare the feel and texture of the Tripeptinon to the Dermalogica Barrier Repair? They both are mostly silicones but it seems that you like the one but not the other so there must be a difference in how they feel on your skin. TIA
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
salster68 wrote:
Hi

Ive been using Photlagen for a few weeks now. SHould i be applying this before Vt C Serum or after. Im not sure if i am noticing any results just yet but maybe its to early to see. Its kind of strange - a little really does go along way but once ive put it on it feels like it has gone right into my skin - there is not any moisturised feeling when i touch my face. Is this a good thing - meaning that it really is sinking in and leaving no film?

I have the same question, and since both should be used on freshly cleansed skin I just use photolagen p.m. I do recall Skinterra telling me to use it first before c serum a.m. as well.It IS a thin lotion that sinks right in so it shouldn't be a problem.
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the Tripeptinon at night a few nights a week and I really like the texture, feel and the look of my skin the next day. I'm not quite sure what the photolagen is for and therefore have not tried it as well - I would love to get some information on it's purpose.

Like Barbara, I too love the cellcosmet cream cleanser and just recently was tempted to get the DHCC based on the reviews here - love it !!!
I use the DHCC in the morning and follow with the Cellcosmet gel cleanser to wash away the residue. I use the Cellcosmet cream cleanser in the night and I am happy with this new cleansing routine. I did get a few breakouts a few days after starting the DHCC but they have cleared up now and I feel that my skin is more refined somehow.
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Interesting comments on Dr.H. Also seems to be a mix of opinion when to apply the Amino Genesis. I use a Vit c and that won't change so I think, although not 100% sure, I will use the photo in the AM after the vit C and the trip in the PM. I hope neither Amino G product feels like the Dermalogica Barrier, I really didn't like the way it felt on my skin. Let me preface that by saying I do not use a foundation, I really just apply a few strokes of blush and a slight amount of concealer under my eyes. I will share with you why...I am a very impressionable person at times. And a long long time ago I worked with a woman who was my age now and she had (as a result of surging hormones) fine hair on her face that wasn't apparent when I would look at her in interior lighting but in the sunlight I could see it all over her face and also the foundation she applied over her skin and it was really really unpleasant to look at. I always have that in the back of my mind when I apply makeup, hence my magnifying mirror that has 6 light settings and it positioned near a window on the east side of the house! Aren’t I a jerk!! Shock (I like the feeling of my skin breathing and the barrier felt like I had put a sealant over it.) I just checked my EDS account and my products have shipped so I should get them in about 8 days. I will post after a few days.
Thank you all for your thoughts and comments; I need all the direction/thoughts I can get.
Babs

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:31 am      Reply with quote
There's also more infor on their website:

http://www.photolagen.com/ Wink
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Marina,
You are very diplomatic- based on the link you gave me, you had the right to say....you have it backwards lady....
thank you!! I had read the info before, but not the application process. I owe you a thank you! I am getting really excited about these products, both have qualities I have never enlisted the support of and frankly should. I can't wait

Babs
PS Does anyone ever consider buying stock in skincare product manufactures? I do... Laughing

Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Barbara Portno wrote:
I will use the products for 15 days, review and then again at 6 weeks.
Until then, take care!

I'm really looking forward to reading your review Babs. I hope that the Dr H CC works well for you.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
samkaj wrote:
I have been using the Tripeptinon at night a few nights a week and I really like the texture, feel and the look of my skin the next day. I'm not quite sure what the photolagen is for and therefore have not tried it as well - I would love to get some information on it's purpose.

Like Barbara, I too love the cellcosmet cream cleanser and just recently was tempted to get the DHCC based on the reviews here - love it !!!
I use the DHCC in the morning and follow with the Cellcosmet gel cleanser to wash away the residue. I use the Cellcosmet cream cleanser in the night and I am happy with this new cleansing routine. I did get a few breakouts a few days after starting the DHCC but they have cleared up now and I feel that my skin is more refined somehow.

Just the thought of using two different cleansers in the morning to make sure that the first cleanser did a good job is too much for me. If a cleanser cannot do a good job and leaves residue, I don't think it is worth the money.

My three choices are Cetaphil, La Mer gel cleanser (unless it was discontinued, I have not purchased it for a very long time) and Cellcosmet cream cleanser. All of them do not leave residue on my skin and that is exactly what I expect.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |