Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The I'm on a diet/trying to lose weight support thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Is anyone else currently trying to lose weight or dieting at the moment. Well I am Razz & I thought I might start a thread for encouragement, suppport, to share experiences & advice etc...

It's almost summer here in Australia & I managed to not only put on weight over Christmas 2005, but also just recently over winter which I really need to get rid of in the next 2 months or so as I'm having an operation last November & my surgeon said increased weight can cause a lot more significant complications during the surgery Confused So lately I'm trying to be a lot more healthy by eating less fats & carbs, but also being more active by jogging, cycling & doing pilates etc...& I feel a lot better already Very Happy

How about you guys? Smile
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:39 am      Reply with quote
I'm in! My biggest thing in the winter is SWEETS! And already I can't resist them. All the work I did over the summer is threatened b/c of this. Easy to eat well during warmer months (less clothing) but this time of year is hard. I haven't been to the gym in over 2 weeks! I'm going out of town for my anniversary end of Oct so my goal is to drop some poundage and tone up.

So I am IN.

Wendy
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Great idea for a thread! Love it! Can I check in and out as needed? I have so much on at work at the moment that I just can't help grabbing unhealthy meals now and then, often late in the evening and on the cheesy side, a glass of wine on the side does not help I suppose. My clothes are getting a little tighter and I need to leap into action soon, but I am not quite ready yet. I have only been unhealthy for two weeks and usually remain quite stable in my weight, but I will need some inspiration around and about a week from now when my life will be a lot more organized.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
im in! ive been having a really hard time disciplining myself. my diet is basically healthy but everytime going out for dinner or lunch comes up i can never say no. i also have a problem saying no to sweets which is the #1 culprit causing me to gain weight and inches :{ i am pretty good with my cardio but i am so lazy and unmotivated to do weights or to attempt another yoga class (back injury). i will be checking in very regularly. hehe
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, thank goodness! Somebody help me please! I was just now trawling the web looking for something (anything) to help me. My huge problem: I don't eat crisps, biscuits, cakes, puddings or chocolate - this is not self-denial. I really dislike them all. Occasionally I might have a few fruit-type sweets (jelly babies, wine gums, lemon sherberts - I'm not too fussy). I'm 52, four years post-menopausal (thank goodness for small mercies: the visitor doesn't come any more although I still have hot flushes). A couple of months ago I asked my Dr if she thought it might be appropriate to do a thyroid function test (dry skin, allergies, thinning hair, weight gain.. yadayadayada...). The test came back normal. I'm a UK size 12 and 5'3" tall and I can cope with that except that my breasts just keep on growing. I'm beginning to obsess about them and fantasise about reduction surgery. Ten years ago I dreamed about lipo on my bum and tum but they don't bother me now. Apparently the only way to reduce breast size without surgery is to lose weight and I'm so desperate that today I went and bought a trolleyfull of fruit and salad and am determined to eat only that until they get back to a B cup. And even that's a bit matronly for my height, in my opinion (that's what I was for the last 15 years). How on earth does one lose weight when the received opinion is to cut out everything I don't eat in the first place?
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Count me in! I'm going on my hols in about 6-7 weeks and really need to loose at least half a stone. That should be motivation enough but I still can't seem to get my a**e into gear. I'm going travelling round Oz for three months and it'll be hot hot hot and I am not not not ready to wear a bikini! Going shopping tomorrow to load up on fruits and veg and general good foods. I also find it hard with working long hours and shifts etc, but I guess organisation is the key. I'll be checking in here on a regular basis. Good thread!
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Cesce

Have you ever tracked your calorie intake? Not try to change anything but just write down what it is and how many calories? That might give you some insights about whether you're taking in more calories than your burning up, etc. For example, many people consume a lot of calories in their daily beverages and they don't realize it.

I need to lose weight too, and start exercising again. I think that's the source of my problem. I used to run and take Pilates and lift weights and now I do nothing. THe doing nothing makes me much less careful about my diet. It's the proverbial vicious circle.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Great thread Safire,

I'm in too. Goodness gracious, I just stuffed my fat face today, I'm a week before my period and for some reason I just kept eating today Confused .

A support group like this is always great to keep the strength and also for motivation.

Good luck girls!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really happy you started this thread. I turn 35 on Oct. 31 & started a few weeks ago trying to whittle my middle (ha). I've always exercised but have bad eating habits. My particular weaknesses are chocolate and cinnamon rolls. My big push is to downsize my sugar consumption.
I also read in this months Shape magazine that Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas walks on a treadmill for 1 hour at a 15% incline 2.5mph.
I can't do it that long at that speed, but I've been mixing up the incline and speed. It's suppose to be good for toning the butt (my problem area). I'm going to try to do that 5-6 times a week & lift weights 2 or 3 times. I know, it's very ambitious. My fiance is out of town on business for a few months & I'm trying to be productive.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I feel inspired! Very Happy Maybe I'll even walk on the treadmill today.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Rachael wrote:
Count me in! I'm going on my hols in about 6-7 weeks and really need to loose at least half a stone. That should be motivation enough but I still can't seem to get my a**e into gear. I'm going travelling round Oz for three months and it'll be hot hot hot and I am not not not ready to wear a bikini! Going shopping tomorrow to load up on fruits and veg and general good foods. I also find it hard with working long hours and shifts etc, but I guess organisation is the key. I'll be checking in here on a regular basis. Good thread!

I wish I had a holiday lined up. It really helps me to stay focus if I know I will be appearing in a bikini some time soon...
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:26 am      Reply with quote
Cesce wrote:
I'm a UK size 12 and 5'3" tall and I can cope with that except that my breasts just keep on growing. I'm beginning to obsess about them and fantasise about reduction surgery. Ten years ago I dreamed about lipo on my bum and tum but they don't bother me now. Apparently the only way to reduce breast size without surgery is to lose weight and I'm so desperate that today I went and bought a trolleyfull of fruit and salad and am determined to eat only that until they get back to a B cup. And even that's a bit matronly for my height, in my opinion (that's what I was for the last 15 years).

if it makes you feel better, i'm a D cup (yikes!) and the same size as you. even at a literally unhealthy weight, i only get down to a C. i've always been a perfect canidate for reduction, but i just can't bring myself to do it....

i'm convinced that diet alone will not reduce these puppies. to get rid of breast fat, you have to do really sweaty cardio. i've been walking at least four miles a day and, although i've lost weight, the tits remain the same. to put this to the test, i'm about to start working out at the gym again. i'm hampered by a still healing broken elbow and any good kind of cardio is really really painful, but i just plan to work through it.... i've found that cycling (especially spinning) is best. 45 minutes at least of just grueling sweat is the only thing that ultimately works on these guys.

oh, and for those working on the bum area. *nothing* is quite as good as the stairmaster. a few really good sessions and you *will* feel it. try mixing it up with the treadmill on an incline. i know it's boring, but if you can get a good mix tape of music that keeps you going, it really gets addictive! (sigh -- i'm jealous. it will be a month or two before i'm allowed on this because of the jostling.)
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:35 am      Reply with quote
to reduce chest size (or firm up/tighten to make it appear smaller) you gotta do some weights and machines.. resistance training! it should be above moderate weight (like not the medium weights you would use for toning your arms).. like pretty heavy but still liftable without straining yourself. and a lot of cardio along with the resistance training.. not just sitting in a bike either, more like running/interval training, or an eliptical trainer that incorperates your upper body movements as well. i wish i was a D cup then i could do more training on my chest and get it to a firm and shaply C cup
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:40 am      Reply with quote
smqueen wrote:
to reduce chest size (or firm up/tighten to make it appear smaller) you gotta do some weights and machines.. resistance training! it should be above moderate weight (like not the medium weights you would use for toning your arms).. like pretty heavy but still liftable without straining yourself. and a lot of cardio along with the resistance training.. not just sitting in a bike either, more like running/interval training, or an eliptical trainer that incorperates your upper body movements as well. i wish i was a D cup then i could do more training on my chest and get it to a firm and shaply C cup

i can't do *any* of that for several moths, unfortunately. however, when i did do all of that, i still found the intense cardio of spinning to work even better for actual loss. the resistance and weights helped more with the perk, firm, and lift. what cup size are you???
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:04 am      Reply with quote
oh yeah i totally agree with the spinning classes for cardio.. thats a hell of a work out! i cant get through a full hour of that class.. 30 min and i am tapped out! i just meant more of sitting in a bike doing cardio --thats what i usually do cause i am lazy. lol. i am pretty flat, i dare not do any weights on my chest anymore. lol. before i used to do peck deck machine, girly-push ups and bench press and i noticed i firmed up but shrunk the overall size.. got really scared and havent done any since, i havent regained what i lost either Sad
how about sauna or wraps? removes water retention/reduces size?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:38 am      Reply with quote
smqueen wrote:
how about sauna or wraps? removes water retention/reduces size?

i wish! much more pleasant.... but, no, they are only temporary and really don't do anything in terms of reducing the breast size. the only way to do that is to lower your overall body fat (BMI). and the only way to do *that* is intense cardio. i've seriously tried every which way and it's the only thing that works.

your comment about the bicycle vs. spinning is a case in point. most people do *not* push themselves when exercising alone (it's much easier to slack of that way). that's why i prefer spinning classes (45 minutes to 115) although i don't get off the saddle whilst spinning in a high gear as that trashes the knees. unfortunately, they don't seem to be popular here in france, so i'll be left to my own devices on regular lifecycles. i've gotten good at pushing myself to the fullest, however. i used to go at the stairstepper with such vigor that people thought i was training for a marathon or something Laughing . the thing is, a lot of people say that exercising at a more moderate pace will help you lose weight/fat and i disagree -- at least for my body and breasts. i need to attack whatever machine i'm using. if i'm not sweating a lot in the first 10 to 20 minutes, i'm not working hard enough. (spinning can get you there in the first five!) i've always considered 45 minutes the perfect time for cardio at this level. 4 to 5 days a week.

i love yoga, pilates, callanetics, ballet, weight lifting and all that, but none of it compares to sweating your a$$ off when you really want to lose fat.
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:41 am      Reply with quote
I'm in! And have been for the last 24 years!

AriesExtreme!

Quit the fast? I hear ya.
Louise Clemson
5% products discount

Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for this thread. I'm definately in I have alot of weight to lose and started on the Cambridge Diet about a month ago. Actually I'm enjoying it, the first few days were bad but I haven't felt ill since starting it and I usually have a really upset stomach. I'm also attacting the treadmill at a fast walk everyday for about 30 minutes, I'm nearly dead when I get off but I manage to crawl through the rest of the day!
I think it's an excellent idea to support each other through the battle!
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Good to hear everyone feels inspired!, I definitely think it's easier to lose weight when you have support & encouragement from people Smile Good luck to everyone! Wink
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:14 am      Reply with quote
TooInvolved wrote:
I'm in! And have been for the last 24 years!

AriesExtreme!

Quit the fast? I hear ya.

Yeah, I did it for about a week. I have another wedding next weekend so may start it up this weekend again. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
How does one accurately check their own BMI?
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

I'm not sure how accurate the BMI is. I think it's generally okay for regular folks but it is considered inaccurate for people who are muscular or generally very stocky. It will show them as being over fat when really they're not.

Maybe you could stop in at a health club and have them do a free analysis? You'd probably have to put up with a sales pitch, though. Very Happy
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I lost about 40 pounds three years ago. About 8 pounds crept back on and I'm heading into the holiday season when I always gain not lose. I use a low glycemic index diet and it's worked well for me. I try to stay on it and my gains have come in stress periods when I cheat (the last year has been hell my Dh's mom died, my mom whent through many problems (heart, broken hip and stroke and my dog was killed all three truely depressing dd). So it's time for exercise and a new start now that I have some time.

Whatever diet you're on I think drinking plenty of water, not drinking anything with sugar, drinking green tea, eating good fats, eating lots of fiber and having a protein based breakfast will casue loss.

P.S.
I am also big chested (before diet 44 D+) now
more like 40 C. It make buying clothing hard when I first lost weight I was a size 6 hip but 40C is even tight in a 12. But I do not want to be flat (I am around 5' (9").
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm finally fitting back into most of my skinny clothes! I maintained my weight with exercise and a controlled carb diet for about 8 years. Then, heart trouble and herniated discs kept me from working out for a while and I didn't adjust my caloric intake and put on about 15#. I'm using a program called DietPower to track my calories consumed and burned in exercise. I told it I wanted to reach my goal weight by November 15th and it tells me how many calories I can consume a day to achieve it. It has been a real eye opener. I've always had good eating habits but now that I'm weighing and measuring food I realize I was eating too much. The software also grades my "nutritional quotient" and lets me know if I need to eat more of something to balance my diet. It has been very helpful. I'm much more aware of the price in sweat I must pay for everything I put in my mouth.

I'm doing a lot of cardio right now and lifting weights. I can see my ab muscles again and definition in my shoulders and back. I still have 5# to lose. I have lost a bit of boob but my bras fit better and I still have the magic bras for when I need cleavage.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
1. take green tea cablets daily.
2. use clarins lifting body lotion.
3. use clarins coutour face lifting lotion.
4. work out 2 times a week, 30min every time.
That's what I do. I am in great shape, Very Happy

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |