Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Remergent DNA Repair Formula
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Have been using this serum for about 3 months, and my skin is bright, hydrated, and radiant.

My skin is combo-oily, slightly acneic, and as I will turn 32 in five weeks, is my new weapon in the battle against aging. It hasn't caused break-outs, and someone commented to myself a few weeks-ago, "That photo was taken two weeks-ago? You look about thirteen there!"

Granted, I was pulling a funny face in the photo, but had the person commented that I look to be 20, that would have been fine too.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Remergent DNA Repair Formula (50ml / 1.7oz)
Remergent DNA Repair Formula (50ml / 1.7oz)

Resurgent, powerful repair serum enabling the skin to recover from past UV damage and stimulating it to resist future photo-damage through natural recuperation.

Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:00 am      Reply with quote
What is your skin type? Can it cause cystic acne?
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Do you use a vitamin C serum with it - if so does it go before or after?

Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I've been using it for about as long as Caspers Mum and am absolutely delighted. It seems to have cut way down on the number of blemishes I got (particularly the hormonal ones) and skin seems to heal faster. In fact, my skin just looks better all over somehow.

Not sure exactly how/why it works for me, but it certainly does.

Skincare - My skin is dry.

rashirosey - I have a feeling that someone (may have been bushy) posted that the company said it wasn't actually necessary to use Vit C serum with DNA Repair. Perhaps someone else can confirm or deny? (My memory's rubbish.) Anyway, I haven't been using Vit C with it and my skin's still looking great.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I also have been using this for about three months and have seen improvement in the skin tone under my eyes. I am glad that EDS now carries this as I am ready to order again!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:28 am      Reply with quote
rashirosey wrote:
Do you use a vitamin C serum with it - if so does it go before or after?

I've been using the DNA Repair once a day in the evening just on its own (well, along with the microcirculation therapy under my eyes), and any other serums etc in my routine in the morning.
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks majorb and fifi - that would be great if I don't have to use Vitamin C - save a lot of money Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I have been reading reviews and the website for this range and I just can't seem to grasp what is so special about it. I am so intrigued and reading the ingredient lists on another thread did not even shed any light on this mystery. I am sure it is fantastic - but where is the magic ingredient, or the Fisherman's Friend story?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
i use it in the a.m. *over* my vitamin C (Pro-Heal mixed w/Hydra-Cool). for some reason, my face seems to like the combo better than just using one or the other. i'm not quite sure why....

as for the cystic acne question, this has definitely helped a huge amount. i am not, unfortunately, acne free at this time (think my skin hates the pain meds), but this has definitely helped change my previously cystic acne into the more normal sort -- i.e., stuff that goes away quickly and doesn't leave a mark. i highly highly recommend it!

as for what the magic ingredient is, frankly i don't care (kind of like the JM lash intervention) -- it works!!!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
I usually do not use products in this price range but this does seem to work differently than others I've tried. It faded a spot under one eye and did improve the skin texture under my eyes. It is enzyme based.

There are many types of enzymes. The REmergent enzyme claims to promote DNA repair they also have some anti-inflammatory agents.

Anyway it did make a difference to me over a few weeks and I will repurchase it.

I still use vitamin C products because they are sun protective.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have used all the Remergent products and while I use their products I have no breakouts, no blackheads, no whiteheads and I believe it is in the mix of ingredients and the way they have been able to develop products that really sink into your skin and not just sit on top and clog the pores. (Many Valmont products are like this too in that they don't clog pores either).
As I had seen very good improvements in my skin using the Remergent products, I asked them if I would I see any further improvements by adding a Vit C product and I was told No. I think it depends on how much you want to spend and/or how many products you want to layer. I only ever want to use the minimum number of layers so I don't use anything else with the Remergent products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:
I have been reading reviews and the website for this range and I just can't seem to grasp what is so special about it. I am so intrigued and reading the ingredient lists on another thread did not even shed any light on this mystery. I am sure it is fantastic - but where is the magic ingredient, or the Fisherman's Friend story?

I am not sure if there is one magic ingredient but I think it is the mix of the ingredients they have used and that this mix is able to actually penetrate the skin and work on the layers underneath.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bushy, I am one of these customers who love to scrutinize ingredient lists and try to understand what the product is all about. Remergent seems different to a lot of products out there.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin I'm like you I do not by something that hides ingredients. But The Remergent products have different actives that seem to work and the actives are prepared inside of micro bubbles that I know penetrate the skin better (a colleague of mine in Sweden has actually done tests with similar vehicles so I believe them).

In addition this product is one of the few I've used where within weeks I saw real chages. The freckle under my eye was there for years through many different treatments. I did not expect to see it fade but it did. Also under my left eye when I smile big I get crinkles. These are much reduced since using DNA repair. So I am happt with it.
s31pr
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I also have been using this for about three months and have seen improvement in the skin tone under my eyes. I am glad that EDS now carries this as I am ready to order again!

I wasn't aware this could be used under the eyes..

Is it safe to use it for under eye repair??
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if samples of this are available? I didn't see them anywhere. I'd like to try it, but at that price, I don't want to buy it without sampling first. Also, has it helped anyone with fine lines, or is it just overall nice skin?
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if samples of this are available? I didn't see them anywhere. I'd like to try it, but at that price, I don't want to buy it without sampling first. Also, has it helped anyone with fine lines, or is it just overall nice skin?
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, Sharky could you please let me know how near to your eyes do you go with the DNA-repair ? do you use it as eye-cream ?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Tosca - If you contact Brenda at Remergent, she will probably be happy to send you out a set of samples. Mind you, there was a problem with sending them overseas. However, now that we non-US people can buy Remergent here at EDS, it might be easier - http://www.remergentskin.com

lin23 - I use the DNA Repair around my eye orbital area in the same way I'd use an eye cream. Although I actually put an eye cream on top as my skin is very dry.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:26 am      Reply with quote
The Remergent site just says you can even use it on very sensitive skin. I have been using it under my eyes and have only seen good results. It might vary by person (skin type and condition does really matter when chosing products) but that said I do break out with some products but have had no problems with the DNA repair cream.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
PS: Under my eyes I use O2 serum then DNA repar cream and on top either an oil or heavier eye cream or serum.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I just reordered this from EDS. It is great that they're carrying this because you save with the discount and shipping! I hope my skin will respond well again.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
I sent an email to Brenda and she was indeed kind enough to mail out a sample pack! Give it a go.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
I have used all the Remergent products and while I use their products I have no breakouts, no blackheads, no whiteheads and I believe it is in the mix of ingredients and the way they have been able to develop products that really sink into your skin and not just sit on top and clog the pores. (Many Valmont products are like this too in that they don't clog pores either).
As I had seen very good improvements in my skin using the Remergent products, I asked them if I would I see any further improvements by adding a Vit C product and I was told No. I think it depends on how much you want to spend and/or how many products you want to layer. I only ever want to use the minimum number of layers so I don't use anything else with the Remergent products.

hello bushy, between Valmont and Remergent, which one would you recommend/ i am interested in both and would like to do a little survey here, thanks!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:

hello bushy, between Valmont and Remergent, which one would you recommend/ i am interested in both and would like to do a little survey here, thanks!

I really can't answer because both the Valmont Elixir and Remergent products are excellent on my skin. I can say that I have been using Remergent because it improves my skin and after using the jar of Elixir, it also worked but the Elixir was such a delight to use. It made me feel really good when I used it and I could hardly wait until the next time I was due to apply it. Sounds crazy doesn't it?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |