Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Emu Oil Users?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
prs
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Hey all,

can you share your emu oil usage experiences?

I appreciate it!

Smile
pink_planet
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:40 am      Reply with quote
What's emu oil Embarassed
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
pink_planet wrote:
What's emu oil Embarassed

Oil from Ostrich's cousin. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I used emu oil on and off for over a year. Hmmmmmmmmn this ON AND OFF statement sounds so familiar - Yes, I use lots of stuffs ON AND OFF. It felt greasy first and I did not have half an hour to wait to put my night cream. I was so confused with how did I put it in my routine. Now I only use it when I feel my skin needs a break or when it does not feel good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I use it 2x or more daily depending on what I'm up to at the time (more often after a strong peel, for example, and normally the ultra in this case). The brand is made by LB Processors and I purchase through Diana Yvonne -www.dianayvonne.com.

In the AM, I use the clear and PM, the ultra. It's great for calming any irritation and does a nice job keeping my breakouts at bay. Now, I never get a big pimple that lasts forever. If I do get any sort of breakout, it's gone in a day or so and is very small, which was not the case before.

I normally use 2-3 drops w/1 drop of HA to help with absorption. This works so well for me that I have to HURRY to apply it before my palms get all the benefits. Smile
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Regarding Emu Oil, I purchased like 2 4oz bottles and well, the colors a little yellow and milky which kind of grosses me out. I'm using this on the body. Where can I get the clear or the ultra emu oil and what's the difference between the clear and the ultra.

Does one need to wait 30 min after before applying other actives and or lotions?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Aries,

The difference between the clear and the Ultra is that the clear is thin and clear and absorbs easily. THe Ultra is thicker, has greater anti-inflammatory properties and take somewhat longer to absorb.

THis is used in place of a moisturizer, as the last step in your routine. If you deliberately want to buffer the effect of some other active (like an acid or retinoid), you could put it on over top of emu oil as the oil will slow down the absorption of the active.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Poco,

Thank you,

I just purchased the Ultra and also the Clear. As some have mentioned they use the clear during the day and the Ultra at night which I will start doing. Also will be using my Grade A on the body.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using emu oil off and on for the last year and a half, I'm trying it for stretch marks but so far haven't noticed a big difference (course, that could be because I haven't continually used it!). I did notice tho that when I use it on a bruise the bruise fades much faster, I'm not sure how it works but it's handy!
Shirley M
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Shirley M wrote:
I've been using emu oil off and on for the last year and a half, I'm trying it for stretch marks but so far haven't noticed a big difference (course, that could be because I haven't continually used it!). I did notice tho that when I use it on a bruise the bruise fades much faster, I'm not sure how it works but it's handy!
Shirley M

Oh thanks for the tip on bruises. For some reason I bruise easily on my legs and hate it! Will try it out now.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |