Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone tried MD Formulations?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pink_planet
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
has anyone tried MD? I have an acne-prone forehead which runs in cycles (especially before period) Sad and that often leave marks that lasts for ages (I have very fair skin). Would AHA be good for lightening scars?
Louise Clemson
5% products discount

Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:27 am      Reply with quote
I love MD formulations. I have really fair skin and I've found that I scar really easily. This range which I have been using for about 3 months now the old scars are fading and I haven't had a breakout since I started using it. I have been using the body products for about 8 years now, both the Body gel and the Body scrub and I don't know why I didn't think about using the rest of the range!
Mabsy

Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:44 am      Reply with quote
MD Formulations AHA products have worked very well on my skin. I don't actually like the products because they're bland, but they really do work. I would suggest that you use the AHA/BHA as a way of hopefully preventing the acne, rather than to fade the marks. The AHA would still be useful with fading marks and I would suggest that you combine this with using a vit C serum as well (helps heal the skin).

What type of skin do you have?
sharons123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Just thought I'd let you know, that I have just started using MD Formulations for my oily congested skin (adult acne kit - See thread Face Mapping). I can't tell you if it works just yet, but I certainly hope it will. At the moment, my skin is going through purging and hopefully, once I've had my course of peels, the results will start to show. If you would like me to keep you updated with my progress, I would be glad to do so Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I've used md formulations face and body scrub. I do like it but mainly for body not face. Everytime i use it on my face i get hives...they only last for a day or two but my skin does feel really soft.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
what r the must buy products by MD formulation?
i've seen this line and always wanted to try it's products..yet somehow, i always ended up turning to other similar lines such as murad or dermalogica
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
I am using face & body scub and so far I like it. There is no irritation and no film residue.
pink_planet
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for everyone's reply!

I have..I don't know what kinda skin I have but I usually choose all kinds of product cuz it varies alot depending on which part of my face its for. Shock ie. my T-zone is dry and oily at the same time, dry with a dehydrated look (dried scrunched up with flaky spots) and yet its shiny. My cheeks are always perfectly healthy but can be dry after I wash it.
(sorry for detailed description)

I think what I should do is try doing a AHA facial outside first and see how it is before I buy any AHA product. (since some of you said it could trigger hives)

I also heard good comments about some product from Obagi that's good for scars/uneven tones?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:22 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if Obagi is good for that but I would really sugest you call EDS and ask them that question.
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
My dermatologist told me that Aqua Glycolic products are very similar to MD Formulations. You can get Aqua Glycolic products from pharmacies or have them order them and they are cheaper than MD Formulations. As far as Obagi...I don't think it's worth the money. It's only good if you have plans on getting the Obagi Blue Peel.You have to use the Obagi products and Retin-A 6 weeks prior to getting the Blue Peel.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
bex wrote:
My dermatologist told me that Aqua Glycolic products are very similar to MD Formulations. You can get Aqua Glycolic products from pharmacies or have them order them and they are cheaper than MD Formulations. As far as Obagi...I don't think it's worth the money. It's only good if you have plans on getting the Obagi Blue Peel.You have to use the Obagi products and Retin-A 6 weeks prior to getting the Blue Peel.

Is it sold in Canada?
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if Aqua Glycolic is sold in Canada...maybe check with your pharmacy or online drugstore. Best of Luck!
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:24 am      Reply with quote
I love their cleanser with glycolic... my skin clear and smooth.

but MDF no longer ship to Australia..

Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |