Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Oil-free sunscreen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sharons123
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone please recommend an oil-free/fragrance free sunscreen, that can be worn under makeup and that is hopefully invisible (if there's such a thing Eh? ). Due to my olive complexion, most sunscreens make me look like a ghost (believe me, it's not a good look). Would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:38 am      Reply with quote
I think Clarins UV Plus SPF40 is oil-free. It's certainly very light, doesn't make your skin shiny and sits beautifully under make-up. It's a physical sunscreen.
sharons123
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Ah, yes. I forgot about that one. Might give it try. Thanks very much Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Clinique Super City Block SPF 40 is oil free, very light and feels like nothing on the skin.
sharons123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
hendricks wrote:
Clinique Super City Block SPF 40 is oil free, very light and feels like nothing on the skin.

Thank you. It occured to me after, that clarins might not be fragrance free, so will give this one a try instead. Thanks Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Shiseido is makes several face and body sunscreens that people at MUA rave about. They are supposed to light and transparent. I'm not sure if they are oil-free though; however, I have heard that it's very appropriate for oily skintypes, since it sucks oil like crazy. I tested some on my hand a few weeks back and low and behold, it went on lotion-y and then about 15 minutes later, my hand was dry and matte.
sharons123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
LL wrote:
Shiseido is makes several face and body sunscreens that people at MUA rave about. They are supposed to light and transparent. I'm not sure if they are oil-free though; however, I have heard that it's very appropriate for oily skintypes, since it sucks oil like crazy. I tested some on my hand a few weeks back and low and behold, it went on lotion-y and then about 15 minutes later, my hand was dry and matte.

Ohh, another one to look into. Thanks very much Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:25 am      Reply with quote
sharons123 I currently use the Shiseido SPF 55 for faces (in the blue bottle). I don't use this everyday but will say that it is totally appropriate for oily/combination skin. It also works well under makeup. I just looked at the ingredients and it is oil free but does have fragrance. The fragrance is very light and despite the fact that my very sensitive skin does not usually tolerate fragrance the sunscreen does not irritate my skin. I am not completly sure that this would be appropriate for olive skin tones. I never have a problem with it but I am very fair skinned. You may want to get a sample or try some at the Shiseido counter to be sure. I know that they come in various SPFs so if the 55 is too white perhaps one of the lower SPFs would work.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sharons:

I have oily, acne-prone skin and have had great luck with DERMAdoctor Body Guard Exquisitely Light SPF 30 (for Face & Body). I have been using it for 2 years. It has a very light, non-greasy texture, no pasty white residue. It has UVA/UVB protection (with Parsol 1789), oil-free, paba-free, non-comedeogenic and it also has Green Tea, Chamomile, Calendula and Cucumber in it. It also contains their own patented ingredient which is supposed to help keep the skin from getting oily while wearing it, to keep your skin with a nice matte look.
dolly*eye
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have combination skin, and I am using Clarins UV 40 as well, it works great. It's non-greasy and does not clog my pores. In the past another favourite of mine was Shiseido sunblock for the face SPF 55(cream). Surprisingly, even though the SPF is high and the texture is creamy, my skin was able to handle it. It didn't cause my skin to be shinier or oilier; it was actually very nice.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I was only going to suggest what DermaDoctor suggested.

Skinceuticals
DDF
and I can't remember what else.

Personally, I use Skinceuticals Ultimate Defense SPF 30
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've never had luck with natural ingredient sunscreens including Dermalogica.

I love Peter thomas roth sheer moisturiser with factor 30 sunscreen (Parsol). Works fab and doesn't block my pores.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to add PTR. I agree! They are good also Very Happy
Alix
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Shiseido sunscreen is definitely shine free but I find it's too hard to remove.

I prefer something like la roche posay spf 30. It gives a little bit of shine on my face. So, I dust good oil control powder to eliminate the shine.
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if SkinCeuticals is oil free, but it's the lightest one I have used.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I think Skinceuticals is oil free but the ingredients that create the block can be pore clogging...in fact, all are like that.
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried lots of sunscreens.

Currently I am using Clinique SuperCity Block 40. Oil free, no added fragrance. It has a slight tint so it helps even out skin tone. Nice on its own (with a dusting of powder for me) works under makeup. I wear this one or LRP Hydraphrase 30.

My usual is LRP Hydraphrase 30. Feels like a moisturizer. It is not considered oil free. Great with my MMU.

Shiseido is well loved on MUA. I personally do not like it all. It has a floral fragrance, it feels like sunscreen, needs a oil based cleanser to remove. I actually found it drying on my cheeks.

LRP spray 30 is very matt and I think it is fragrance free. (I have it; can't remember.) While I like this it is actually too matt if you wear MMU like I do.

I reviewed a bunch of different sunscreens on MUA under Autumn95.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Cellex-C Sunshade SPF 30+ for acne prone skin.
Disolves in a second!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |