Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Good Deodorant.. ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:53 am      Reply with quote
I like The original Dove!!!
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Was it just me or did this topic stop working for like a day yesterday? (I couldnt reach it). Anyways, I don't like the original dove much. I mean, the new one (silk something) smelled nice but I currently have the original 'fresh' scent one, and it just gets on my nerves. The scent never goes away. But maybe thats just me. I'm still confused about this crystal deodorant. What is it? Is it actually a 'crystal'??? Embarassed
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I think it stopped working for me too. Sometimes topics do that, and I always wonder if its me or if there's something wrong with the thread.
The crystal deodorant is more like something that has crystalized than it is like what we acutally think of as a crystal. It is very hard, but it's not that hard. You just have to wet the end of it with a little water and rub it on your skin. You won't really feel a lot of product going on. I love wearing it with sleeveless clothes because there's not anything filmy under your arms.

It also comes in a roll-on. I tried that. It worked great, but it was too irritating to my skin for daily wear.

I still have some of the roll-on left, and the ingredients are: purified water, natural mineral salts, xanthan gum, phytosphingosine (no idea what that is!), and chamomile extract.

I'm assuming that the solid crystal would be the same without the water.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Dove seems to be really gentle and nice.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca, I always wonder the same thing. But I always just think its my computer/ connection Laughing . Thanks for the explanation. I'll have to look into trying it out. It sounds very intriguing(sp?)

My underarms would probably be able to handle the roll- on. It seems so gentle compared to drugstore brand deodorant/ anti-persperant. And having used all others with no issue, I would be surprised if my skin began to react to the crystal. But, we will see!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I was watching a health program and they did a test with different types of deodorants/antiperspirants and the result was interesting although there was no science involved. They had 8 men, 4 of whom did not use anything under their arms. Of the other 4, one used the crystal, one use a home made recipe, one used an antiperspirant and one used a deodorant. All 4 applied their product and then a lady smelt their underarms including the other 4 without anything. The rating was from zero to 10 with 10 being really smelly. The 4 using a product started with a zero or 1 and the 4 without anything started with 1 or 2. After the 8 men played sport for an hour, the smell test was done again. The 4 men not using any product were very smelly, up in the 7s and 8s. For the others who had used a product, the result was quite interesting. The best was the crystal, started with a rating of 1 and finished with a rating of 1 so it obviously worked. The next best was the home made recipe followed by the antiperspirant and last was the deodorant which was almost as bad as the men who had not used anything. The home made recipe contained bicarb soda, cornflower and essential oil (they said you could use any essential oil but for the test they used lavender).
I think I might check out the crystal after seeing this.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:45 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I really like Kiss My Face liquid rock. However similar to the experiences of some MUAers I found the new non-paraben formula doens't work as well as the old formula which contains parabens. Not sure why. But I'm still using the new formula and it still works for me, but I never had strong BO to begin with.

i absolutely love this deodorant in the lavender scent. granted, it does absolutely nothing for sweating since it's not an anti-perspirant, but even with sweating it still makes you smell good. now, if only i could find something similar with anti-perspirant properties too for those occasions where that's really necessary (although i hate all of the crap those necessitate putting on your skin Sad )_ . . .
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:10 am      Reply with quote
A friend of mine who cleans houses recommends the Speedstick 24/7 in cool fusion, comes in solid or gel. It works as well for me as anything I have tried and she certainly puts it to the test.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I have used the natural crystal deodorant but after a few months I broke out in a rash, so now its' back to Mitchum.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Mitchum worked well for me for years but as my hormones changed after my hysterectomy, it no longer works as well. Matter of fact, none of them work that well since then. Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use deodorants but then i realised that it's more effective if i used an anti-bacterial bath foam. With daily usage (day and night showers), I find that any BO is really eliminated so I can just use normal body sprays and perfumes Smile You can try Dettol skincare or Welsh 200 i think for an anti-bacterial bath foam that is moisturizing for the skin at the same time Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for this topic!! I've tried a couple of natural eodorants since a couple years ago I decided to switch from the typical drugstore antiperspirants.

I've tried Kiss My Face Liquid Rock, Lafe's Hemp Oil deodorant (Lavender), some of those crystal deodorants, and also Henri Bernard Natural crystal deodorant spray (I'm guessing is the crystal deodorant dissolved in water)

The worst so far is the Henri Bernard, I feel like it's doing NOTHING and I feel conscious of having BO with it, though I still have the giant bottle to finish.

My favourite so far is Kiss My Face, though it is far from being a HG product for me.

The actual solid crystal deodorants have been pretty good, but I always found them cumbersome to use.

Lafe's was okay, but the roll on applicator ALWAYS leaked like crazy on me and wasted so much product, that although I liked the deodorant, I was just so frustrated with it.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Crystal from L'occtaine worked great for me. I heard it's been discontinued though.

Fresh sugar deorderant is my next staple. Love the scent and doesn't stain clothes. It tends to dry slowly though.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried deodorant from Dr. Hauschka or The Organic Pharmacy? I've been using Dove for years though it irritates my skin and makes it itch so bad! But it's the one that irritates my skin the least out of all the ones I've tried Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've been tempted by the Dr. Hauschka deodorant but haven't yet tried it. I'm pretty hooked on the Weleda spray deodorants at present. LOVE the scents and they're less expensive. But I am curious about Dr. H's roll-ons.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Lavilin cream. Lasts for days! (seriously) Love the stuff but hard to find. Got it recently at http://store.thecatalog.com/8012.html

A unique herbal deodorant free of aluminum and other harsh chemicals, yet so effective, just one application can eliminate perspiration odor for days--without the need to re-apply even after showering. Ingredients: zinc oxide, petroleum jelly, talc, potato starch, calendula oil, arnica oil, vitamin E, ascorbyl palmitate, citric acid, natural fragrance. Warnings: Do not use immediately after shaving. Do not apply if skin is broken. Discontinue use if rash develops. Keep out of reach of children.

Now, it's strange as the white container Lavilin doesn't seem to last as long as the one I used to buy in the black container. Or maybe I'm just more stinky lately Embarassed

Anyway, the cool thing is you usually can get a sample size for between $1-2 dollars (don't see it listed on the site right now but previously I bought I bunch for friends & family - and one for me for travel).

I also bought the NOW one that seems like their generic of Lavilin (definitely cheaper) - just haven't tried it yet:
http://store.thecatalog.com/8066.html
Ingredients: Zinc Oxide, Talc, Rice Starch, Calendula Extract, Arnica Extract, Vitamin E d-alpha, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Grapefruit Extract in a base of Safflower Oil, Beeswax, Lanolin, and Natural Fragrances.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
I tend to use Dry Idea
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Can't recoment enough

***PitRok***

I use the fragranced spray which is the same as the hard crystal just in spray formula, you can also get the unfragranced.
It's good for sensitive skin and lasts all day, my SO likes it too. A bottle of this lasts months.

Here's the link:

http://www.pitrok.co.uk/

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using CertainDri for years. I take meds that increase perspiration and it's the only thing that controls pit sweat! The OP noted having a weird odor ... I think that the product controls sweating, but doesn't do anything to prevent the growth of bacteria that causes odor. I wash my pits with antibacterial soap and that seems to keep down the odor factor.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
KissMyFace Liquid Rock!
soliloquy
5% products discount

Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
My doctor has me using Everclear (grain alcohol) for deodorant & it's amazing how well it works-I was using the crystal stuff but he says it actually contains aluminum & it didn't work anyway. With the everclear you just put it on a wash cloth or organic cotton pad & swipe it under each armpit 15-20 times. It works as an anti bacterial & I use it on my hands when there's no soap & water at hand.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Rosebud- that Pitrok is intriguing...

I am a sweat hog and have to use prescription Drysol (I've tried every strong OTC out there) if I don't want to be totally embarassed. It's not the greatest in terms of its ingredients (yes, it contains alumminum Sad ). And the way it feels after application is not so good (itchy, stinging... sometimes creates irritation the next day). But it definitely WORKS. I use it twice weekly at night.

I still need a deodorant to prevent smelliness. I used to use Dove. Now I rotate between Clarins Dynamisante deodorant spray (LOVE the scent and it works well to prevent odor plus no white stain worries here), Jason's Tea Tree deodorant roll-on and Jason's Tea Tree body powder (both of these Jason products have amazing odor protection but I have to watch out for white stains so am careful with what top I am wearing). I also recently started using Orbis deodorant gel (which I got from tiger_tim) and it's quite good- lasts, no white mess, dries quickly upon application). Unfortunately, it's not as strong as my prescription as I would have hoped. I stopped using my Rx AP and went to using this every day. The longer I went w/out my Rx the more I noticed myself sweating during the day (and smelling). I bet I will love this when it becomes hot out this summer when I'll need double protection (i.e. use my Rx as usual and this every day). (This reminds me, I need to submit a review for this).

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Allie82
5% products discount

Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering, does deoderant eventually go bad? I used to love Degree, but after awhile, it smelled strange after like, 8 months. Now I use Dove Ultimate Clear deoderant and I now prefer clear over white
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
My mom loves Almay roll-on. I never have to use a deodorant since I don't have a b.o. But she really loves this brand, and always asks me to buy a bunch for her when I am going to visit her in Thailand, or when she comes over, she stocks them up.
lorettapy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:41 am      Reply with quote
Any comments on Dr. Hauschka deoderant?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |