Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

emu oil minus vit e?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:52 am      Reply with quote
I am ordering emu oil from dianayvonne, and have tried a sample of their emu oil for skin, but it stinks and is thick and clogs my pores. I also have some clear emu oil that is almost gone and don't know if I want to go for that again. Is there any emu oil out there that dosen't contain vit.E? I don't think Vit.E and my skin agree very well, but besides for giving me a few whiteheads, I love how emu makes my skin feel the morning after. Any suggestions? Squalene?
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:37 am      Reply with quote
a while ago some here posted great reviews on the emu oil from longviewfarms.com, especially the triple refined one ... i think it dones't have vitamin e.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks alot. Will that still be okay over cps? Same thing generally, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, I usually am.
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Razin. I do know a lot of the ladies here purchase their emu oil from LBprocessors.com. As far as I know, it's pure emu oil with no additives. I'm going to order their "ultra emu oil" when I finish my Dremu (whih is also emu oil). It's half the price! Good luck! Now I'd like to know what brand carries it WITH Vitamin E! Please let me know! Thanks!
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Diana Yvonne website has it.www.dianayvonne.com
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Earth to Body has a 100% pure Emu Oil product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think the Vit E is very active in the emu from DY/LB Processors (I'm pretty sure LB put it in too, though they probably have some products where they don't). It's added in a tiny amount as a preservative.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I just checked my ultra emu oil bottle from LBProcessors, and it has vit E.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
The brand I use, uniquely emu, also contains a minute amount vit E as preservative
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm hmm Maybe something else is breaking me out, or.. I could have been applying way to much. I still have been using it, cuz like I said, I like the way it makes my skin feel in the morning, but I'll try using less to see if that helps. If not, I'm at a loss. I'm not liking the whiteheads, even if it is only a few.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:45 am      Reply with quote
razinkane,

I just ordered two bottles myself from dianneyvonne and am waiting on them.

Which sample did you get? I assume since you said it's thick that it's probably the ultra emu oil and not the clear. I ordered both. Can't remember if dianneyvonne carries grade A emu oil. If so that's not something I'd put on my face, I have a few bottles of those and I use those for the body, it's a bit more thick and don't want drench my face in that.

Also have you tried diluting it with some HA Serum? I've heard a few do that and I plan on doing that also. Like 2 drops of the emu to 1 drop of the HA serum.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I got emu oil for skin. Thats all it said. It is thick, and stinky. I'm using the clear right now, just not so much.
StellaMarie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Your Clear Emu isn't stinky is it? It should be much better for your face; I don't think the "Emu Oil for Skin" is meant for your face. I also really like the Ultra Emu. Anyway, I hope the Clear works better for you!
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Raiznkane, I use Earth to Body emu oil products and love them - not gooey or sticky at all! I think it's a Canadian company.
Shirley M
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks. I'll look into that. Is it the certified stuff? You know what I mean? (cuz I don't) or does it really matter?
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Nearly time for bed, but before that...I actually went to the chemist (am in Australia) and a number of the chemists were stocking a company called Emu Fire which has 100% Pure Emu Oil. Below is what I bought and you can get it online!

Emu Fire Sports Massage Pure Emu Oil consists of the following properties:

* It is raw unadulterated oil and contains NO preservatives or additives.
* It is a potent non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) with anti-arthritic properties.
* It contains omega 3, 6, and 9 (these fatty acids cannot be manufactured by the body, but are essential in maintaining good health).
* Similar in composition and texture to human skin oils, emu oil absorbs into the skin, penetrates the deeper tissues and is one of the most powerful natural skin moisturisers.
* It is non-comedogenic (does not clog the pores) and non-allergenic.
* Emu oil contains naturally occurring vitamin A and vitamin E (anti-oxidants), collagen and HDL-Cholesterol.
* Emu oil can also be used on dry, cracked nipples (as a result of breast-feeding).
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |