Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Liquid Foundation is clogging my pores!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mud2005
5% products discount

Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so glad I have you guys to talk to.

I have oily acne prone skin. I have been using the CoverFx Liquid Foundation that I bought from Shoppers Drugmart. Although it is covering fine it is making my skin more oily and causing me to break out. I think the liquid kind has always been the best to cover my break outs + redness.

I have been checking old threads and it looks like most of the readers are suggesting "Mineral Makeup." Everyday Minerals looks like a popular brand. I have tried Jane Iredale powder make up before and it did not cover as well.

Any suggestions where I can order from or would you suggest another product?

Thanks alot as always.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
My belief, the liquid is causing your breakouts. Which to a mineral makeup immed. It is good for your skin, will let your skin breath and you can find mineral make up for covering. I use TRUE and absolutely love it. More so, you can order right from this site. Shows up in no time, no hassles.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Mud-
You can try Everyday Minerals basically for free. You can order free samples from them and only pay shipping(cheap).

http://www.everydayminerals.com/shop/prod_80.html

Also here is a link from another thread that I already gave some info on.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=16258

I really like their products, and they are very affordable. I also got the premium make up brush with my order, I have heard that the others are too scratchy. HTH! Very Happy
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

my skin reacts even if it just looks at oil or anything with fragrance...i have found that ELauder Individualist gives a light natural look, covers the imperfections and does not give me spots at all...you can get a sample at a counter or ask for a beautician to try it on you as a makeover. i also bought their ideal light pen as a concealor and its great - like a little light where u need it..

good hunting...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
I too have oily, acne prone skin and really like Everyday Minerals (EDM). You can order a sample pack from their website and just pay for postage. I'm currently waiting for my second sample pack to arrive, just to make sure I choose the correct foundation shade, thyen I'll be ordering the full sizes. I would recommend you give this brand a try, you literally have nothing to use. If you do decide to go for some full size products, there is a 15% discount for EDS customers, just quote eds in the code box. Good luck! Let us know how you get on!
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'll add another vote for Everyday Minerals--you can choose what sort of coverage you want and with the addition of the new neutral shades, there's a really wide color selection. Definitely try samples and keep in mind that the colors tend to run lighter than not.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
If you are in the UK, you must try Lily Lolo. Their foundation is just perfect. Unfortunately I don't think they deliver outside the country.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have acne prone skin and also like the coverage of a liquid foundation. I have found that I get many clogged pores when I do though so I try to only wear it if I have a special occasion or a big meeting at work. I love Bare Essentials and GloMinerals...I also love amoraleigh mineral makeup. Good luck! The BE bisque is great at covering blemishes, red marks and acne scars.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |