Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
First it was SKII now Shiseido and Max Factor
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
According to another Chinese newspaper article, it has been found that both Shiseido and Max Factor have been tested to contain chromium and neodymium. One particular Max Factor concealer was even found to contain 3mg/1kg, even higher than the 2mg/1kg concentration found in SKII.

"A spokesperson for Max Factor states that none of these were added during production and that chromium is naturally found in the environment so it is hard to prevent any residual chromium from entering the product. The company currently has no plans to follow-up nor prepare systematic refunds like SKII has.

On the other hand the spokesperson for Shiseido has stated that they have contacted the main office in Japan for an investigation. Due to the fact that they are not familiar with how the tests were done for these allegations they are not making any comments at this time and await for further information from the head office.

The Hong Kong Standards and Testing Center tested 4 makeup products from the Shiseido line (Hydro-liquid Compact, UV White Liquid Foundation, Pure Retinol Revitalizing Face Mask, and Energizing Essence) and 3 Max Factor Products (Angelic Lip Contour, True Veil Liquid Foundation and Concealor). 5 of these products tested positive for chromium and neodymium with UV White Liquid Foundation containing 1.9mg/1kg and Max factor concealer containing 3mg/1kg concentrations.

The Department of Health warns that products with such ingredients may cause skin irritations and have taken various other cosmetic products for testing.
A dermatologist points out that a 3mg/1kg concentration is rather high. Even though in typical circumstances usage of such cosmetics will not present any severe problems, there is a possibility of it leading to dermatitis and other skin irritations such as swelling, redness, itchiness and blisters."

I don't guarantee the accuracy of the above post because I translated it from Chinese...
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
it's hard to say whether the tests done in china were accurate..although i'm chinese, i am quite skeptic about any tests done in mainland china..
i've heard of rumours saying since eels from china were tested by the japanese authority for some type if chemical or toxin over the safety limit, it's some sort of retaliation to post such news about SKII since it's from japan
dunno if that's reliable..yet the whole thing is creating quite a scene in asia
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the translation, Sormuimui. Always good to know.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
milodomi wrote:
it's hard to say whether the tests done in china were accurate..although i'm chinese, i am quite skeptic about any tests done in mainland china..
i've heard of rumours saying since eels from china were tested by the japanese authority for some type if chemical or toxin over the safety limit, it's some sort of retaliation to post such news about SKII since it's from japan
dunno if that's reliable..yet the whole thing is creating quite a scene in asia

I'm so sorry, I missed out on the part where I wrote about the Department of Health. It was the Department of Health in HK that tested this and not mainland China, so I'm sure it's much more reliable.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
i guess it is somehow related to the anti-japanese war in China, why they only target at Japanese products? sheisdo and SK-II have been around for quite a few years but they only conduct this kind of examination recently...anyway, i am no fan of either of them.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
i guess it is somehow related to the anti-japanese war in China, why they only target at Japanese products? sheisdo and SK-II have been around for quite a few years but they only conduct this kind of examination recently...anyway, i am no fan of either of them.

I have also read that - I think it's a scare campaign.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Interesting article. Will be more careful of Shiseido.

on a side note, I find it unfair and a tad ignorant that ppl suggests that just because the tests were done in China, they are unreliable. China has made amazing technological advances within the past few decades and besides, from what i've learned in class (I am a life science major), a lot of testing here in Canada and US are biased and interpreted incorrectly. And what does testing for cosmetics have to do with anti-Japanese sentiments? Next thing you know, we'll be bringing in communist ideologies on EDS! Laughing haha that's a funny thought. Sorry if I am offending anyone. I just think we should take all tests with a grain of salt unless we have researched throughly on who did the test, the protocol, the funding source, the sample size, etc etc. instead of looking only at the country that the test would conducted in.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |