Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
the praying/blessing for my dog thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
this might sound silly to some ppl, but i do believe in the power of mind..the power of mass praying/blessing..
my dog bobo is quite sick and i really hope to provide her with some emotional support
pls drop a line and wish her well
thanks for all of your kindness !!
Hope
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, Milodomi, I'm so sorry. I'm sending good thoughts, prayers, and vibes to Bobo. My doggies mean the world to me, so I feel your concern.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sending good vibes to Bobo. I love my dog and would be distraught if something serious was happening to him.
{{{{ Milodoni }}}}
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
thanks ladies =) bobo is staying at the vet's home over the weekend..i'm sure she can hear our prayers & blessings
she's been with me for 10 yrs, i brought her home when she was a 6 wks old puppy..really hope she can recover and stand up on her own soon (she's so weak now she couldn't stand up =<)
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:32 am      Reply with quote
oh no im sorry! i hope bobo gets better soon
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:29 am      Reply with quote
I am thinking of you and bobo my dog, is 11 years old and totally blind and like you I have him since he was 6wks he was very ill once and thankfully recovered. From 1 dog lover to another my prayers are with you both and hopefully he will bounce back.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I hope Bobo gets well soon! She is in my prayers!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I'll be thinking of little Bobo too, and sending my best wishes and thoughts.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
OK, I hate pet threads (you know how cynical I am Rolling Eyes ) But I love dawgs. Mine's getting on a bit so I kinda know how you feel, so (looks round to check no one sees me being soppy about an animal)... Good vibes to Bobo.

What breed is he? Mines a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Milodomi, I know what you must be going through you poor girl! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet Bobo. Keep us updated!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
OK, I hate pet threads (you know how cynical I am Rolling Eyes ) But I love dawgs. Mine's getting on a bit so I kinda know how you feel, so (looks round to check no one sees me being soppy about an animal)... Good vibes to Bobo.

What breed is he? Mines a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie

bobo is a shih tzu..she's always been quite healthy except for some skin problem but that was nothing major
so i really didn't expect such a critical illness and it all happened too quickly
for any dog owners, i've read quite a bit on AIHA and some ppl r linking vaccines and certain types of medication to AIHA
of coz bobo doesn't require any further vaccination at her age, but it makes me wonder if we r using too much medication on pets or even human
i'll keep u all updated..thanks again for all of the support & blessings =) u're all so kind
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I really hope bobo gets better. I know how you feel. My dog has hip dysplasia (both legs) and everytime I think of 'the day' I start bawling like a baby. Me, who never wanted a dog in the first place. He's only 2 & I hope I have some time left. He can't run anymore (he's in pain after) & just likes to lie next to me.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I really hope bobo gets better. I know how you feel. My dog has hip dysplasia (both legs) and everytime I think of 'the day' I start bawling like a baby. Me, who never wanted a dog in the first place. He's only 2 & I hope I have some time left. He can't run anymore (he's in pain after) & just likes to lie next to me.

thanks marina, and sorry to hear about ur dog..is there any cure for hip dysplasia? it's hard to see ur dog not able to move around..i know how that feels since bobo couldn't even stand up with her front legs..it's just scary & sad =< have u done any research on the net about the condition?
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
I will pray for your Bobo,I just love dogs and am allergic to cats. They are our best friends.I agree with you about vaccines,both for our animals and us.Please know we all are sending good,good thoughts and prayers your way.
Linda
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Adding my good vibes and wishes to Bobo, Milodomi.
chevycamarolvr
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
milodomi wrote:
bobo is a shih tzu..she's always been quite healthy except for some skin problem but that was nothing major
so i really didn't expect such a critical illness and it all happened too quickly
for any dog owners, i've read quite a bit on AIHA and some ppl r linking vaccines and certain types of medication to AIHA
of coz bobo doesn't require any further vaccination at her age, but it makes me wonder if we r using too much medication on pets or even human
i'll keep u all updated..thanks again for all of the support & blessings =) u're all so kind

I have no doubt in my mind we're over vaccinating our pets... Do a search on "vaccinosis" and read what pops up. It's scary. Once you're immune to something, you're immune. You can't become more immune. Think about it, do we people receive annual boosters for the vaccinations we received when we were children? No. So why would our pets need it? I think the drug mfgs made up the yearly booster thing to make more money. We're just trying to do what we've been told is best, but it may be doing more harm than good.

(Sorry for that... I'm an avid animal lover and feel very strongly about such things).

My two pups and I send our love. We know how hard this must be for you.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
[b]I have no doubt in my mind we're over vaccinating our pets... Do a search on "vaccinosis" and read what pops up. It's scary. Once you're immune to something, you're immune. You can't become more immune. Think about it, do we people receive annual boosters for the vaccinations we received when we were children? No. So why would our pets need it? I think the drug mfgs made up the yearly booster thing to make more money. We're just trying to do what we've been told is best, but it may be doing more harm than good.[/b]

I couldn't agree with you more about over vaccination. My last dog and current dog have only got their one year boosters and that is it. We do titers every year to check their immunity and not once has it shown the need for revaccination. They only shots they have gotten after one year of age are their rabies vacs every 3 yrs as mandated by state law.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:04 am      Reply with quote
abejita wrote:
[b]I have no doubt in my mind we're over vaccinating our pets... Do a search on "vaccinosis" and read what pops up. It's scary. Once you're immune to something, you're immune. You can't become more immune. Think about it, do we people receive annual boosters for the vaccinations we received when we were children? No. So why would our pets need it? I think the drug mfgs made up the yearly booster thing to make more money. We're just trying to do what we've been told is best, but it may be doing more harm than good.[/b]

I couldn't agree with you more about over vaccination. My last dog and current dog have only got their one year boosters and that is it. We do titers every year to check their immunity and not once has it shown the need for revaccination. They only shots they have gotten after one year of age are their rabies vacs every 3 yrs as mandated by state law.

thanks again everyone..i'm sure bobo would appreciate all of ur kindness and prayers
called the vet tonite and he said she's doing ok..not much improvement but i guess at this point, we're just hoping her condition to remain stable since we know recovery will be a long way to go
i never thought vaccinations would do more harm until now..have to agree that drug manufacturers must make loads of $$ by encouraging vaccinations
will get update from the vet tmw on bobo..to see whether she can come home on monday; as of today, she still couldn't walk or move around
=<
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I mean, think about it, if your pediatritian told you that you need to bring your child in for vaccines every year for the rest of his life, you would be high-tailing it out of there in search of a new doctor. What makes us think that dogs don't develop lifetime immunity from there shots like people. Some vets are very resistive to this idea. When I first brought up the subject with my vet, she wasn't convinced, but she said let's see. That is why we do the titers every year. After 10 yrs are so, and never having to revaccinate my dogs, she is convinced.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. Just a quick prayer for Bobo. Lord, thanks for such a loving owner & dog. Please heal Bobo. In Jesus's name. Amen

Keep us posted.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I love dogs (I have 2) AND i BELIEVE in the power of prayer. Good luck to bobo and love.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
hey everyone, bobo is probably coming home tmw but she is still very weak..can barely walk or move
i'm trying to find info on natural remedies to help with increasing her blood cell level (if there is any type of remedy to treat that?!) she will be on medications for a while but i am just wondering if there r supplements or anything that would help..
pls let me know if you have any suggestions
thanks again
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Send me what her diagnosis is. I have this great book called 'Natural Health bible' by dr. messionnier. I have used it with great success many times on my dogs and others. With recs from this book, I have gone a long way to eliminating my dog's need for antihistamines.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:02 am      Reply with quote
try giving her some orange juice maybe? when my own dog was sick, i would pump orange juice through a baby syringe into the area between his gums and lips (not throat, they can get some sort of bronchitis that way i think). i hope she feels a lot better soon.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:51 am      Reply with quote
Best of luck and a speedy recovery for Bobo.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |