Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is anybody here completely content with their skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking that I was getting to a point where I was feeling completely happy with my skin, only concerned with prevention, no longer trying to fix things like blemishes, hyperpigmentations and freckles, and then I look in the mirror, and boom! my skin exploded into a VERY bad and painful breakout, which I blame entirely on eating pretty terrible for the past two days Embarassed (I promise I'll be better tomorrow Crying or Very sad ) So I've been pretty depressed in terms of my skin, and I started to wonder how common it is for a person to only have to worry about prevention, and nothing related to correction (current fine lines, blemishes, scars etc.). So, as my title makes obvious, my question is, are any of you here a person like this, only concerned with prevention? If you do exist, you are very, very lucky! Smile Will you please transplant your skin on my face? Laughing
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:37 am      Reply with quote
I don't think any of us on this forum have perfect skin (otherwise why would we be here searching for miracles?) but I can say that as a result of this forum and the top quality products that EDS sells, I am now very satisfied with my skin and its condition. It isn't perfect but it is now improving everyday and for that, I am very thankful because I see results when I look in the mirror.
Don't give up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:11 am      Reply with quote
What bushy said.

I don't think anyone has perfect skin. Heck, even babies with beautiful peachy skin get the occasional little spot. Yes, and supermodels too.

We just do the best we can with what we've got and everyone at least occasionally gets a rough patch.

You'll get through it, dealated. Don't lose heart.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Agreed, no one has perfect skin. I certainly don't. Although I will tell you with my recent successes at the derm, I am content. I will tell you though, all the years I fought with my skin, I skin look in the mirror now with disbelief. I still keep thinking, oh I am going to wake up with big blemishes, tomorrow, it will be tomorrow. I stare in the mirror at my face often, almost waiting for one to pop out. I think any problems I still have now, are my own. I stare to much, every tiny little thing I see, I want to pick it, thinking...I will get the sucker now.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Well, I have to say that I'm pretty happy with my skin. It wasn't always so; I found what works for me in preventing blemishes. Sure, I'll get a hormonal spot every now and again, but all in all, I like my skin. The only thing I really worry about is when the weather turns cold and my skin starts to dry out. I can get flaky. Embarassed I found a really good moisturizer, though-- PSF Perfecting Day Lotion-- so I hope flakiness is a thing of the past.

Awhile ago I freaked out because I noticed some fine lines under my eyes. I had a mini crisis. Lines at 24! I'm getting old! I'd stare at them and wonder how the heck they got there. But I realized... well, what's the big deal? I made a decision not to dwell on it. If I did, I'd make myself go nuts (as well as buy products I probably didn't need). I realize blemishes is a little different. All I can really say is it will pass!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm pretty happy. Some fine lines around my eyes and deeper ones on my forehead. Nothing botox couldn't fix if I wanted to go that way (which I don't). Apparantly I have rosacea. I just thought it was too much red wine Laughing - either way, I'm not bothered. I've got to the point that I don't actually WANT to look like I'm in my 20s. I'm happy for settling with mid to late 30s Very Happy

The only thing that bugs me a bit is the burst capillaries on my chest.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I am one of those that is not content with the condition of my skin, im always looking out for something better. Make me look better so i will feel better.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
When I'm not broken out or flushing like crazy I'm quite happy with my skin.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
i am not happy with my skin, i got acne marks all over my forehead, and my pores are getting larger, my eyes always look tired with puffiness and dark cicles. i just joined EDS recently and noticed that someone at their 20's already started preventing. i am 32 already! well never too late, and my economic condition also allows me to spend more on skin care products. i used to use lancome, christien dior, elithebeth arden, now i realized they are just garbages, they dont do any harm on your face but no improvements as well!
thanks to EDS, i found this forum is very useful, i am sure i will find a perfect products for my skin in no time!
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not content or happy with my skin condition BUT I accepted the way it is for now. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I have all skin problems but acne. I try my best to find / use the right skin care products and use whatever equipments claimed good result. I'm not expecting to look 10 years younger than my age but aging in a controllable speed. Does this make sense??

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
I'm not content or happy with my skin condition BUT I accepted the way it is for now. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I have all skin problems but acne. I try my best to find / use the right skin care products and use whatever equipments claimed good result. I'm not expecting to look 10 years younger than my age but aging in a controllable speed. Does this make sense??

makes a lot sense to me. Bad Grin
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:

I am just the same - I want to age gracefully.
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I am happy with my skin but I always look for the next level of excellence. I also think as I age, my acceptance broadens. In other words, the older I get the less "perfect" I need. That is a really neat benefit of getting older. When I was in my 20's, I wouldn't be caught without groomed nails, the latest outfits etc. The 30's changed that requirement but I still had to have a great hairstyle. The 40's changed that.... I just need the gray covered, the hell with my style. The 50's? I am grateful when I wake up, my husband is reaching for a kiss, and I don't have a DR's appointment to look forward to!!! Don’t hold your breath for the 60’s, it is along way away Drool

Have a wonderful Day!
Babs

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
i'm fairly happy with my skin..more concerned about the area around my eyes since i get puffiness in the morning, n it's hard to get rid of
but other than that, the rest of my face is in fairly good condition..of coz i do get occasional breakouts but it's not severe so not a big deal
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |