Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
best night cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
i am searching for a good night cream, i am 32 now, with oily/combination skin, i occasionally break out on my forehead, no fine lines yet but i would like to prevent at this stage. my skin is fair and looks a bit dull, i need a night cream that can bring the radiance to my skin yet not too oily, hydrating and anti-aging. can someone recommend the best night cream> thanks!
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
So far Juvedical Renewing Night Cream is the #1 on my list. It's the only one gives me a glow in the morning.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
So far Juvedical Renewing Night Cream is the #1 on my list. It's the only one gives me a glow in the morning.

thanks Macrisis, have you ever tried valmont and cellcesmo night cream? well valmont doesn't have a night cream but they have regenera.
Rimi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
I alternate between using a beta-hydroxy cream - Olay Age Defying, and just pure grapeseed oil (great anti-oxidant properties) at night. I too have combo skin and find that this results in smoothness, small pores, even toned skin, and that my skin is less oily as well! Very Happy
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Rimi wrote:
I alternate between using a beta-hydroxy cream - Olay Age Defying, and just pure grapeseed oil (great anti-oxidant properties) at night. I too have combo skin and find that this results in smoothness, small pores, even toned skin, and that my skin is less oily as well! Very Happy

hello rimi, the pure grapeseed oil is an essential oil? just apply it all over the face?which brand you are using?
Rimi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hello gracedhy
Grapeseed oil is a carrier oil, and the brand is Carapelli. I bought this at Loblaws grocery store in the "oils" aisle (yes - I'm serious), at about $7.00(Can.) for 750ml. (Best to take some in a small bottle for use, and store the big bottle in the fridge for up to one year, as this is a delicate oil. You can use it for salads and frying then as well Laughing ).

Just apply it sparingly on your face (and neck if you choose, although tie back your hair) , as a little oil goes a long way. I also use this as an all over oil, as it moisturizes well, is great as an anti-oxidant treatment, and absorbs better than many other oils.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Rimi wrote:
Hello gracedhy
Grapeseed oil is a carrier oil, and the brand is Carapelli. I bought this at Loblaws grocery store in the "oils" aisle (yes - I'm serious), at about $7.00(Can.) for 750ml. (Best to take some in a small bottle for use, and store the big bottle in the fridge for up to one year, as this is a delicate oil. You can use it for salads and frying then as well Laughing ).

Just apply it sparingly on your face (and neck if you choose, although tie back your hair) , as a little oil goes a long way. I also use this as an all over oil, as it moisturizes well, is great as an anti-oxidant treatment, and absorbs better than many other oils.

great! i will check loblaws tomorrow!
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
........ have you ever tried valmont and cellcesmo night cream? well valmont doesn't have a night cream but they have regenera.

I used Cellcosmet Ultra Vital and Valmont AWF Cyto Complex EJ-D - Factor III but they did not give me a glow as Juvedical did.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I love Zia Ultimate Night Recovery cream. It's got a soothing effect on my skin and my skin is more even-toned in the morning.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I use Cellcosmet and found it to be perfect for my skin, I just need to be sure that I exfoliate on regular basis so I cannot get any build up from the moisterizer.

Occasionally, I use Valmont renewing pack that gives a nice glow but you should not use it on daily basis.

If you want that extra shine(glow) I would suggest Sonya Dakar Omega 3 oil and it will not clog your pores. I found that it brighten my skin, made my skin look firmer and yes if you apple a one full pump on your face and neck it looks a bit greasy from some people point of view. I've only used half a pump. I no longer purchase Omega 3 because Sonya Dakar does not ship to Canada and Shop the States is out of business.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
one of my favourites is nature by valmont's night cream, it's not too thick and melts into my skin
it does a great job keeping my skin soft and hydrated
one other night cream which made my skin radiant is helena rubenstein's force c night cream..i really notice the difference in the morning!
xxophelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried Valmont's Regenera a couple years ago and find it a little too rich for my skin and I have combination skin and hormanal acne along my jawline plus I tend to flake when seasons change. IMO, I think at 32 Gracedhy you might be too young to try even Regenera I but presently I am using Regenetic and I find it quite pleasant, it is rich but not greasy and absorbs quickly by the skin, it lessens fine lines and hydrates my skin so maybe you can ask for samples from EDS and try it before you splurge? I also tried Radiance and like it too but if I remember correctly Radiance is really for daytime.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
milodomi wrote:
one of my favourites is nature by valmont's night cream, it's not too thick and melts into my skin
it does a great job keeping my skin soft and hydrated
one other night cream which made my skin radiant is helena rubenstein's force c night cream..i really notice the difference in the morning!

hi milodomi, i heard the force c mask from helena rubenstein is great too, it is like a wake up mask, somehow similar to renewing pack! but i have never given it a try.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
xxophelia wrote:
I have tried Valmont's Regenera a couple years ago and find it a little too rich for my skin and I have combination skin and hormanal acne along my jawline plus I tend to flake when seasons change. IMO, I think at 32 Gracedhy you might be too young to try even Regenera I but presently I am using Regenetic and I find it quite pleasant, it is rich but not greasy and absorbs quickly by the skin, it lessens fine lines and hydrates my skin so maybe you can ask for samples from EDS and try it before you splurge? I also tried Radiance and like it too but if I remember correctly Radiance is really for daytime.

i want to try the 24 and bio-cellular, but 24 is better for day time i guess. i will ask samples for regenera, thanks!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
i have the sample from sisely, intensive night cream, which is not bad, but i still would like to try other products that are even better!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:08 am      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
xxophelia wrote:

i want to try the 24 and bio-cellular, but 24 is better for day time i guess. i will ask samples for regenera, thanks!

I have a sample of 24 but have not tried it as of yet. I don't know if it could clog my pores and I have not seen anyone rave about it. I might use mine as a foot cream! Razz
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
skincare, it might be too light for your feet! Wink
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend a beta or alpha-hydroxy oil-free lotion to help remove dead skin cells and dissolve excess sebum. I alternate my retin-a with Age-Limit Refinishing serum each night. It is formulated for sensitive skin, is oil-free and has a 10% glycolic/lactic acid mix. Another I have used is the Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion (2% Salicylic acid)which seems to work well over a series of days. You would have to decide if you think you need to remove dead old skin (Age Limit) or remove excess sebum from pores (Neutrogena) to achieve the result you want.
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
My favourite is Decleor's aromessence night balm even though they say ylang ylang is for combination skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
skincare, it might be too light for your feet! Wink

Laughing I will take your word for it! Laughing
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
The best night cream for me isn't really a cream, but a balm - Decleor's Ylang ylang. I alternate this with an AHA cream (Dr Renaud's Hydrafine).

I'm now experimenting with Olay Total Effects for Blemish Prone Skin. It seems to be giving good results so far - I wake up to smooth, clear, glowing skin. Being young if you don't want to splash out on pricy anti-aging creams this shoud suffice, I would think.

HTH! Smile
kalegr
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Jansen & Beckett’s Alpha Lipoic, Vitamin C Ester, DMAE Night Cream penetrates easily and is moisturizing without being oily plus a great combination of ingredients Very Happy
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I second the janson becket night cream. I disliked it at first, it clogged the pores on my oily face, but I still use it on my decollete area and I am liking the way it keeps it moisturized throughout the day, and night. I use it both. I also like the way my skin tone on my chest is looking. I have used it since we got the first offer and still have some left.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |