Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Spring Lip gloss dilemma
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:06 am      Reply with quote
OMG, I have been online and shopping but not sure of what shade or brand to buy....help me to decide.

I have green eyes, dark auburn hair and very fair skin.

What color do you gals recommend? I love all and i mean all colors which is why i'm so indecisive but want to chose a color that looks best on me.

Please help Surprised
-rusalka-
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Heya!! Smile I have the same eye color, hair, and fair skin you do, and I *love* JI Pure Gloss in Mulberry and have gotten lots of complements on it (not to mention the gloss feels great!.) I don't know if you're wanting more of a light pinkish cololr, but I've also heard the Iced Mocha pure gloss one would be perfect but I haven't picked it up yet.

DuWop's Lip Venom is supposed to rock everyone's world, and I can't wait to buy it next time I go to Sephora. Bobbi Brown as usual also looks to have some gorgeous colors in for spring, especially in neutral bronze and non-stark pink tones.
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
tell me, please -rusalka-, what color eye shadows do you recommend also? I find if I go too light then it brings out my eyes but then makes me looked tooo washed out b/c of my fair skin and of course the freckles that are on their way out from winter.

Mulberry, I really do like that color and also cinnamon mixtures. Orange, not so much nor pinks. But definitely looking into Sephoria line as we speak.

Thanks a bunch. Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
-rusalka-
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Omg, I totally feel your pain! Just because my eyes are wicked sensitive I've been trying lots of mineral eyeshadows. My current favorite basic one is JI's Cappuccino, and if I make sure that I use a bone or ecru colored shadow base (just in case my eyelids have a red tint), I like Dawn because it's vaguely similar to the other but shimmery. I plan to try some La Bella Donna ones soon. Smile

Other basic ones I've used for a long time (not together!) and loved are Bobbi Brown's "Gray," and "Stone" (shimmer wash) for a slightly darker shade (I find that a light application of that one is pretty.)

If you're really good at controlling how much you put on and would like a darker color, then her "Black Plum" color does a wonderful job at bringing out green eyes with darker auburn hair, but again, you could just use your finger to lightly rub a little on the actual lid part as a highlight and it's all you need. Smile

I find that I have the hardest time finding tones that don't make my eyelids look red! Argh! Not to mention colors that clash with my haircolor...

I have a bunch of wild and crazy colors, but those I'd imagine look about the same on anybody. Hehe.

Good luck on your search!! I'm always happy to help as much as I can, and PLEASE if you ever find something that totally rocks, let me know! Very Happy -val
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Fantasia and Rusalka, I don't have green eyes:( but my skin is fair and my hair is light golden brown with lots of red:P. I also have lots of red pigment in my lips and I love pale pink pouty lips ( mission impossible!). My new found love in the jungle of lip glosses: Dior Ultra Gloss in Lick of Taffy. It's gorgeous and sooooooo...Spring!. It tames down the red and gives my lips natural looking kissable colour:DVery HappyVery Happy
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
So glad to hear from you again Very Happy:

Sooo, hmmm, as I'm getting more of a vision now of what you look like, why do you want to tame the red in your hair? what a beautiful and "wild" color for a girl to have and in addition to your sly fox brown eyes:oSurprised. You are so lucky to have natural red pigments in your lips, I would kill , well not kill, but definitely trip someone for those kinds of lips :P

What other colors do you recommend? I don't want a lipgloss that tastes terrible or sticks to my teeth or worse yet, my hair becomes embedded in it. Mad then it looks like i've been chewing on my hair. ha ha ha
Mabsy

Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:52 am      Reply with quote
I have the Addict gloss in A Taste of Strawberry and A Lick of Taffy - they are both very nice colours and are SUPER shiny but I have to admit I bought them mainly because I'm such a sucker for packaging! *blushes* My only gripe with these glosses is that they are very "slippery" and come off WAY too easily. But yeah, the flip side of that is that your hair doesn't stick to it like say to MAC Lipglass..... My MAC fave is still GhettoFlower (I think that's what it's called). Mind you I'm waiting for a few (um... like about 6 I think *blushes yet again*) Stila Lip Glazes to come in the mail next week so MAC might be challenged! Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by babyfish
Hello Fantasia and Rusalka, I don't have green eyes:( but my skin is fair and my hair is light golden brown with lots of red:P. I also have lots of red pigment in my lips and I love pale pink pouty lips ( mission impossible!). My new found love in the jungle of lip glosses: Dior Ultra Gloss in Lick of Taffy. It's gorgeous and sooooooo...Spring!. It tames down the red and gives my lips natural looking kissable colour:DVery HappyVery Happy
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, have you received your Stila Lip Glazes yet and have you tried them on all at once or one by one everyday. Tell us about them and I will post a review about Tony & Tina new lip pallette " Color of Love" when my package is arrived. I can't stop collecting lip glosses, I have a huge problem ...hee hee hee Laughing
Mabsy

Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Yes! I got my massive Stila/GA makeup haul in the mail about a week ago. I'm still hyperventilating from the shock of seeing so much makeup in one box (well, ok, 2 boxes *blushes*). Getting the Stila parcel was the "makeup equivalent" of getting an EDS parcel (ok, not as many samples - but close!).

As far as lips go, in that particular order I got 5 lip glazes (peach, orange, banana, plum and watermelon), lip polish (in "shimmer"), convertible color (in "gladiola") and a lip rouge (in "smooch"). I also got a Giorgio Armani Lip Shimmer (#11), this is now officially my fave lip gloss of all time! No kidding!

Babyfish, you know me very well, I have tried all these colors and, yes, I may have had more than one on at the one time Embarassed

The lip glazes themselves are very nice, but VERY sheer. So I find that it doesn't really matter all that much what color you get. The really nice thing about them is that they smell/taste as their names would suggest Wink

At the moment, my lips are in love with the #11 GA Lip Shimmer. In all honesty, I would have NEVER picked this color or even tried it if there was a GA counter here. I described myself to the SA (i.e. fair, dark brown hair, brown eyes) and asked her to pick all the stuff for me. When I saw the GA Lip Shimmer the first time I thought "ok, here comes a product return!". It looks orange! I showed my other half and he agreed - WAY too orange & no way it would look good on me. However, it was my first GA lip shimmer and I REALLY wanted to try it. I wore it that night to dinner. My other half commented that it was the best lip gloss he's seen me wear. Apparently it really suits my skin tone, hair color etc. Then I told him which one it was and he couldn't believe it! I've gotten a few comments from other people since then....

So if you have fair skin, brown hair and brownish eyes I really do recommend that you try this next time you pass by your GA counter.

Mabsy
simplegirl

Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I have green eyes, fair skin, but dark brown hair. I use Mary Kay Pink Pout lip gloss. It might not work with your auburn hair, though. But they have other cool colors that might work - berry smoothie or maybe almond glaze. They are nice and shiny but not super duper shiny.

I really like their lip gloss, though I must admit I haven't tried a lot of others in the past. I just did a test though - just put some on and whipped my hair around a bit. None of it stuck to my gloss. I can feel that I have something on, but it doesn't feel tacky. It seems to stay on pretty long, too. I got a compliment at work on it once like two hours after putting it on.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Simplegirl Razz

Thanks for sharing with me. I will give Mary Kay a try, never have before, but what the heck,it sounds like they may have alot to offer in colors.
clin1202
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2004 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
MAC has a wide range of Lipglass shades for you to choose from, and they have great staying power. Also, you can get the Jane Iredale PureGloss in "Just Gloss" and wear it on top of your lipstick. It's a very smooth gloss, feels and smells great, and gives a shiny glossy look!
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2004 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Clin1202. I've never tried lipglass but do hear good things about it. What colors do you prefer for Spring? Cool
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2004 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have a hate-like relationship with lipgloss!! I like it because it does give the shiny, trendy, young, and fashionable look (as compared with the matte lipsticks Confused ); I hate that too coz it's not too manageable, it does not stay at all (esp. for someone like me who needs to drink throughout the day, the lipgloss almost doesnt stay at all, and when it's gone, it's completely gone!), also, b/c of its sticky texture, it is not friendly enough to be worn during the windy season that hairs will stick to my lip and break the lipgloss.
I know part of it is my own problem Embarassed Wink

I have heard of some raves for smashbox lipgloss!! havent tried that but the president claimed that since smashbox cosmetics are designed for studio / photo shoots, they meant to stay for the whole day .. dont know, but ppl who have tried those liked them a lot!
escents
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
You should go for colours that are pink and peach. Don't go for reds because this will make your skin really light. I think you should use Bare Ecentual Lip Qiuckie Soft Peach. This will bring out the glow of your skin and matches fair skin types. Also it focus your lips and makes it look gorgeous.

.e s c e n t s.
alianeblue

Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Exclamation Hi fantasia

Try any brand, less AVON...Personally Avon suckssss
Confused

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |