Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Upscale skincare products...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
List namebrands of what you consider to be upscale skincare products...

Do you base your decision on the price? What price do you think would be considered upscale?

Would you base your decision on packaging? Advertisement?

Please share...

There is
Cellcosmet
Valmont

What else?
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
Example "upscale" routines in my mind. (Not sure about Remergent at this point.)

I think the products do have to be expensive. A brand might be able to market a few "bargain" products (like Mercedez C-Class), but if the whole brand went value, it wouldn't be upscale anymore.

Cleanser

Cellcosmet Purifying Gel / Activator Gel

Serum

ISC Super Serum / Active Serum / HydraCool
-or-
Remergent DNA Repair Formula
-or-
ReVive Serum Protectif
-or-
Valmont Bio-Cellular

Cream

Cellcosmet Preventative Day Cream / Preventative Night Cream
-or-
Remergent Barrier Repair Formula
-or-
Revive Sensitif Cellular Repair Cream / Moisturizing Renewal Cream
-or-
Valmont 24 Hour / Regenera I / Regenera II
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Good point! Medical skincare products like ISC is upscale. Smile
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
I am a sisley lover and I do believe their prices made them upscale!

I heard top 5 swiss skin care products are, in order:

Valmont
La prairie
swissperfection
cellscomet
juvena

EDS has 3 of the above, i bought Valmont renewing pack still waiting for my package from EDS, willing to give cellscoment and Juvena a try. I love to try each brand's star product!

I dont really care about the price, as long as it can really deliver what it promises...but who knows...between those luxirious and fair products the difference of the qualities may not be as wide as the difference of the prices.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
I am a sisley lover and I do believe their prices made them upscale!

I heard top 5 swiss skin care products are, in order:

Valmont
La prairie
swissperfection
cellscomet
juvena

EDS has 3 of the above, i bought Valmont renewing pack still waiting for my package from EDS, willing to give cellscoment and Juvena a try. I love to try each brand's star product!

I dont really care about the price, as long as it can really deliver what it promises...but who knows...between those luxirious and fair products the difference of the qualities may not be as wide as the difference of the prices.

Can you tell me more about swissperfection?

Would you say that only the Swill skincare line is upscale? Interesting if you say so because my mother's friend and sister who came here to visit said the same thing. She lives very close to Italy and has a job in Italy as a maid. She serves the wealthy and she found that when they go travelling, the women always buy Swiss products.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
this is the official website. according to my research, modona, princess diana, elizabeth tyler are all fans of swissperfection.
http://www.swissperfection.com/

yes my impression is that only those swiss skin care products are upscale based on their customers. Smile

sisley is also an upscale to me...even though it is french!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Very nice and thank you! I was reading some of their ingrediants and they look good!

Theresa L, we need you to review this line but I don't think we can get it in Canada.

It looks similar to Vitamin C's from Vivier, Cellcosmet and ISC.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Very nice and thank you! I was reading some of their ingrediants and they look good!

Theresa L, we need you to review this line but I don't think we can get it in Canada.

It looks similar to Vitamin C's from Vivier, Cellcosmet and ISC.

Did you post at wrong place? Theresa L is not here! Laughing
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
No, I know her and she will find this post Very Happy

I find that she is really good with reviewing ingrediants.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
greacdhy I am here alright! Wink

Skincare do you mean the Swiss Perfection line? I clicked on the link that gracedhy provided and have already looked at it! Laughing

I would like to see more information of the line actually especially the complete ingredient lists and prices. My interest is piqued and I probably will be looking into the Swiss Perfection some more. If I come to any conclusions I will let you know. However, I don't think it is available in Canada or the US so it may be hard to get informaion....
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare we posted at the same time.

You really do know me by now, don't you? Laughing
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing This is so funny!!!

I guess I know you very well Laughing I can't stop laughing! Rolling Eyes Wink Laughing
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
greacdhy I am here alright! Wink

Skincare do you mean the Swiss Perfection line? I clicked on the link that gracedhy provided and have already looked at it! Laughing

I would like to see more information of the line actually especially the complete ingredient lists and prices. My interest is piqued and I probably will be looking into the Swiss Perfection some more. If I come to any conclusions I will let you know. However, I don't think it is available in Canada or the US so it may be hard to get informaion....

here comes the expert! let us know what you think!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Their "star" product is Perfect Lift Set,
i find all swiss products are about cellular!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I think you are right about Swiss skincare is all about cellular...
intresting
I think they really base it on science. Would you say the French base it on natural? What about the US? What do they base it on? or shall I say, what are they known for?
What about Italy?
What about Iceland?
I think Canada signature skincare would be B. Kamins Chemist?

Would it be safe to say only Europe is know for upscale skincare products?
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
intresting
I think they really base it on science. Would you say the French base it on natural? What about the US? What do they base it on? or shall I say, what are they known for?
What about Italy?
What about Iceland?
I think Canada signature skincare would be B. Kamins Chemist?

Would it be safe to say only Europe is know for upscale skincare products?

agreed and i wish i live in Europe! european products are so expensive here!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I think it is worse in Europe but maybe for the people who live there.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
intresting
I think they really base it on science.

It does seem that Swiss skincare tends to be cellular based. Although I am not sure what that really means. Cellcosmet says they use cells and I have found no proof of this. Even Swiss Perfection claims to use cells but unlike Cellcosmet they use plant cells. I will look into this more but I would imagine that they are not using whole plant cells since plant cells have a cell wall which would pretty much keep anything in the cell away from your skin. Just some initial thoughts, I will be looking at the Swiss Perfection some more.
From the Swiss skincare lines I have seen I would say that the science behind them is flimsy! I do not think of them as science based. But then that depends on your definition of science. Wink
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi ThersaL, do you think Remergent lines are science based?
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I do think that the Remergent line is science based. I have actually read a fair amount of the abstracts and clinicals on their website. It seems that they have a lot of science behind the ingredient in Dimericine which is undergoing clinical studies right now. They also have a lot of science behing their liposome delivery system which they use in the Dimericine product and the Remergent line. The ingredients in the Remergent products also have some science behind them. The way I like to think of it is that the amount of science behind the Remergent products is not as extensive as the science behing retinoids or Vitamin C but it is there and Remergent does not hide their science. They make it readily available on their website. IMO Remergent is very different from the Swiss skincare lines in regards to science.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL, you made me struggle between valmont and remergent! Sad
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
claps!
so professional .
liposome delivery products ,sounds like magic Laughing
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:

it's easy,buy them both Rolling Eyes
perhaps our skin need different foods. Wink
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:42 am      Reply with quote
felinehhy wrote:
gracedhy wrote:

it's easy,buy them both Rolling Eyes
perhaps our skin need different foods. Wink

that's what i am thinking, maybe valmont on my left cheek and remergent on my right one! Bad Grin
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
="gracedhy
that's what i am thinking, maybe valmont on my left cheek and remergent on my right one! Bad Grin

gracedhy I would go with the Remergent but if you do get both I think that a half face test would be very interesting! Wink
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |