Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Any luck with Dermalogica?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I went on a spnding spree and bought about $600 worth of Dermalogica products....it's been a month...I don't see a difference! The acne gel is good. The bad news is, other than being out $600, they do not back their products...so I'm completely stuck with them. I should have done more research, but I had went to one of their seminars and was excited. Enough ranting........
svunt1
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
which dermalogica products did you get?

I find these are good

Daily Microfoliant
Special Cleansing Gel
Activ Moist

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!
I have Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel, Toner, Active Moist, Professional Daily Microfoliant (6 oz.), Multivitamin Power exfoliant, MultiVitamin power recovery masque, Medicated clearing gel (which it really clears up a pimple!),Barrier Repair, MultiVitamin Power Firm for eye and lip area, Eye cream with spf and multivitamin hand and nail treatment w/spf. The cleanser is alot like Cetaphil. I do like the daily microfoliant and have to admit that the power recovery masque is good and hydrating. I do think I could have found less expensive comparable items...I can get so caught up in the moment....lol!
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Dermalogica is so safe it's slow, that's what I can sum up about the brand. I can't say it doesn't work, though.

Some years back I ruined my skin with a peeling product and my skin was raw, dried up and painful. I went to Dermalogica and it turned my skin around in a matter of days. For about six years prior to finding this site (which got me more adventurous with other stuff) I stayed on with Dermalogica because it would be the only line I could trust not to make my sensitive skin react unfavourably. With Dermalogica, I know I wont break out, get milia, over peel etc etc. It's just, safe.

However, I've almost done away with the line completely except for the daily Microfoliant and the Multivitamin Power Recovery Mask which I still use and love very much.
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I do hear its very safe for women trying to get pregnant or who are pregnant, but I agree it's very slow acting. I do Love the power recovery masque. Thank you!
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried a few of the Dermalogica products:

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant--I found this to be O.K., but if I'm going to exfoliate, I'd rather use something more
exfoliating
. (Minimal results.)
Dermalogica Multivitamin Power-Firm for Eyes & Lips--I didn't like this at all. (No results.)
Dermalogica Skin Refining Masque--I didn't like this at all. (No results.)
Dermalogica Anti-Bac Cooling Masque--Nothing impressive about this masque, either. (No results.)
Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Concentrate--Serum turned brown inside the capsule. (No visible results.)
*Dermalogica Ultimate Buffing Cloth*--I LOVE this! (But it's not really a skin care product.)

Needless to say, I won't be wasting my money on any more Dermalogica products! Not talking

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I really like their cleansers, and the Intensive moisture balance is a nice basic moisturizer, but I feel that most Dermalogica products have weak actives and arent really results oriented. Just my opinion Smile
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the Dermalogica reviews...I guess like any line some good products , but not all great products. It'd be great to have one GREAT complete line!!!!
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Dermalogica for their cleansers too. The Ultracalming cleanser is the most gentle, non-eye-stinging cleanser i've tried, and I love their PreCleanse as well. Can't say for their other products.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I just got Precleanse and I do like it. I'm getting the Decleor cleansing oil to see which one I like the best. If the results are the same I'll stick with Decleor cause I love the line and it's cheaper for more product.
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Please let me know how the Decleor works!
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Does the Decleor emulsify and rinse off like PreCleanse?
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:

From the description at this site the Decleor does emulsify, which if it didn't I'd pass on it. One difference between Dermalogica and Decleor is that there is olive oil in Dermalogica and Sweet almond oil in Decleor. I can't wait to see if there is a difference between the two.
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer the sweet almond smell oil over olive oil.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
dollbird wrote:

From the description at this site the Decleor does emulsify, which if it didn't I'd pass on it. One difference between Dermalogica and Decleor is that there is olive oil in Dermalogica and Sweet almond oil in Decleor. I can't wait to see if there is a difference between the two.

I'd pass on it if it didn't emulsify too. Thanks Rufus, and do let us know which one you prefer. Smile
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
dermalogica products are OKAY overall..
I have their Microfiliant, special cleansing gel, ultra-calming cleanser, gentle soothing booster.

Microfiliant- is a very gentle exfoliant but i think it is tooo gentle. And for those who have dry skin like me, it dries up skin even more. I just use this sometimes in the summer months

Special cleansing gel- is too harsh on my skin. It totally dries it up

ultra-calming cleanser- liked this cleanser because it was super gentle even on sensitive skin. It reminds me of Cetaphil and probably works just as good exept more expensive.

gentle soothing booster- love this stuff. It is awesome for sensitive skin and really reduces blotchyness and redness of the skin.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="dollbird"I'd pass on it if it didn't emulsify too. Thanks Rufus, and do let us know which one you prefer. Smile[/quote]

I sure will. Now BCgirl has me interested in the soothing Booster Laughing
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor's cleansing oil does emulsify and i can wash it off completely clean. the smell is wonderful. i have not tried Dermatologica's precleanse so i can't compare it. But honestly I don't think Decleor will disappoint you. I like to leave it on for 30 seconds and inhale just before I wash it off. It's quite therapeutic!

as for Dermatologica i can't live without daily microfoliant on my bad skin days. it might be drying at times but when you're feeling greasy that is exactly what you need, frees you in minutes.

HTH
gosa
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:23 am      Reply with quote
I like Dermalogica a lot and my skin has improved a lot since I started to use their products. It took some months tough;
I use Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant-which I like a lot
Dermalogica Essential Cleansing Solution - Cool It is very gentle cleaning lotion perfect for my skin

Dermalogica Soothing Protection Spray - It essential with the smog in Milan Wink

Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance - a wonderful rich cream for my dry skin...

Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster - It really hydrates my skin and during the day I use during the Dermalogica Sheer Moisture over the bootser.
Dermalogicas products works super for me but I was not impressed by Decleor at all. I used their producs for over a year before switching to Dermalogica and they did not do nothing for my skin...

oh, almost forgot ...I also use
Dermalogica Multivitamin Power-Firm for eyes & Lips - It moisturizes nice and is very thick and rich but absorbs quickly. Love it!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:39 am      Reply with quote
At the moment im using Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel and i found it very good.
But if you don't want to use any other products why don't you sell them in Ebay ?
As far i know they do sell quickly Wink
sharons123
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:45 am      Reply with quote
I think it depends on your skin and what you want to achieve. I used quite a lot of the Dermalogica range, but I didn't get the results I wanted. I used
Special Cleansing Gel (too drying, just left impurities under the surface of my skin)
Multi-Active Toner (non-descript)
Active Moist Moisturiser (too greasy)
Oil Control Lotion (too drying)
Medicated clearing gel (good)
Daily Microfoliant - again, too drying.
I have now started using MD Formulations with much improved results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
I used dermalogica couple of years ago when i was still yonge, it calmed down my acne. i was thinking of trying out some products again just to refresh my memory, but EDS only gave me samples for body. Sad
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:

I'd pass on it if it didn't emulsify too. Thanks Rufus, and do let us know which one you prefer. Smile

I got the Decleor Cleansing oil this morning and had to use some. It is 'oilier' in feel than the Dermalogica but it smells better and feels better. It does emulsify but not as obviously as the Dermalogica. So, for price and quantity I'd go Decleor. Very Happy

Someone mentioned the packaging of both products and I have to admit both companies haven't used the best method of getting the product out of the bottle. I found the Decleor was more of a mess. So, solution...I have some travel sizes of Bioelements decongestant cleanser, so I washed one out completely and let it dry. I poured the Decleor into the small bottle and will store the larger bottle in a cupboard.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |