Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
review of Decleor Harmonie Soothing Eye Contour Gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have an eye irritation under my eye area right now, and I want to say it is a very mild eczema irritation except it's not itchy and is hardly noticeable at all (unlike the eczema that just developed on my back Sad) I remember babyfish mentioning she had good luck with this so I ordered this. I typically don't favor "gel" eye creams, but this one is a thicker gel-like cream-salve, and it smells heavenly although there is no fragrance, and this is for sensitive skin like mine. I can't say that it has healed my irritation, but it hasn't exacerbated it either which is a good thing, and it feels soothing like the name states. I like.
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime, I'm not kidding you but I've been using this eye gel every morning since having read your post about Decleor Harmonie and Eczema ( remember?) and I love it so much.

I love any eye cream that I can use all around my sensitive eyes and this is the best for me in Springtime ( time for cherry blossom and hayfever Sad).

For nightime I am using Cellcosmet's.

I can say they are my "eye-savers". The skin around my eyes looks pretty good now that many days I don't have to be bothered with concealer or eye shadows, just with some mascara and I can look quite decent to zoom out of the house in no time.Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi babyfish,
yes I am quite enjoying this eye gel, and don't you just love the smell! Hmmm, I've never had an eye moisturizer that smelled before. What do you recommend for eczema on the body? As I am getting older my skin is becoming more sensitive and very finicky. I've never had problems with eczema before, never. I've been scratching my back so hard that it's caused scratches which have turned into scars Sad and the eczema is not responding to any prescribed creams my Dr. has given me, and I've tried many!
Mabsy

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Hey Thoughtcrime,

Could your eczema be caused by stress? That's definitely what causes mine, about two or three years ago I still had no idea what eczema was (ah... the good ol' days!).

I haven't tried this eye gel before but it sounds very nice. I ordered the Harmonie Essentiel cream based on your previous review. Haven't tried it yet - it's still over the ocean somewhere at the moment Smile I hope I'm lucky enough to get a sample of the eye gel in that parcel too.

Btw - ordered Diptyque Tam Dao (I think we're just feeding off each other's addictions now Smile)

Mabsy
-rusalka-
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi thoughtcrime!

There's one thing that I can recommend for exzema on the body that's worked for me in times of stress and for 2 others I know for more chronic conditions (a dermatologist recommended this, actually!)

First, try to pick up some "RoBathol" bath oil. It's unscented, uncolored, unfragranced, no lanolin, etc. etc. In addition, get some of the Aveeno Oatmeal bath (the one that comes in packets and is a fine powder.) If you add a packet of that to your bathtub and then add a capful of Robathol under the faucet, skin irritation will be gone and soothed. You just have to soak for a while, and try to do this regularly for about a week or so until signs go away, but maybe less time or longer, you'd just have to keep a close watch on your body. Not to mention, you'll feel really, really hydrated. Smile

Hope this helps!

As a side thingy, I have problems with finding shaving creams because I'm hypersensitive and I won't wax my legs because I don't want to wait that long between waxes (I hate hate stubble!) But if you use RoBathol directly on your skin as a substitute for shaving cream/gel, it works incredbily well! I don't get itchy bumps anymore, and have hardly ever had to reach for stuff to soothe the ithcing.

Off to study! Big test day tomorrow... *twitch* Mmm... caffeine.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy and Rusalka, thanks for the awesome advice! I'm glad to know I'm not alone, and that others have experienced similar problems.

Rusalka, is this "RoBathol" bath oil something you can buy in the drug store, or is it a spa brand? I have to try this. Thank-you so much for sharing, and good luck with your test!!

Mabsy, I too am a big believer that stress causes a lot of dis-eases in the body. And I have been stressed. I do hope my back clears by summer. I hope you like the decleor harmonie essentielle. I know you don't have sensitive skin, but it does have uv protection which is nice, and smells good-- another plus! Might be thick for summer, but I use it year round. If you do have any redness, put it on, wait a few seconds and then look at your skin. Your skin looks soothed! BTW, I love Diptyque Tam Dao, but unfortunately I discovered in my research of buying organic, ethically harvested essential oils for my perfumes that I'm making; sandlewood, like rosewood, is endangered. Unfortunately, perfume companies are relentlessly using all the sandlewood in India, and poachers are getting it for them as well. I'm so sad because I love sandlewood so much, and was so looking forward to making my own sandlewood creations. The alternative would be Australian sandlewood which is more sustainable than Indian sandlewood because the govt. has better control of it, and plans of sustaining it. Anyway I love the perfume bottles I'm about to purchase for my perfumes, and I'm looking forward to making up my own concoctions-- unfortunately without my coveted sandlewood. I thought of you BTW, as I am wearing a sample of Stella right now, that I sprayed in Sephora, and thought of how you love this perfume. It is quite nice. I may get Diptyque Philosykos, I don't think there is any sandlewood notes in it. Although, the Tam Dao is better, sad to say for me. Anyway, Mabsy what did you use when you had eczema 3 yrs. ago? Do you find that it's re-occurring?
Wink
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
On the 15th I spoke too soon when I said this gem of a eye gel/cream didn't heal my under eye irritation. As of now I can't even see the red irritation, and since I've only been using this soothing gel-cream salve; I believe it helped to heal it.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Rusalka, thanks for the oatmeal bath tip, soaked in it the other day. ahhhh (sigh)... Wink
Mabsy

Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Thoughtcrime!

My eczema is really weird. I only ever get it when I'm stressed and it ONLY ever comes up underneath my eyes (just in the corners around the nose). Not a good place to get it as it looks really bad!

I actually found that Cellcosmet made it a bit better but I think I found something that worked awesomely fast the other day. I was super stressed the last two weeks (though it paid off - more about that in email Wink) and of course, lo and behold, eczema under my eyes.

It just so happened that I made an online impulse buy the day before (after all, with all that stress I deserve a treat! or two... or three... :P). I bought an eye gel from Perfect Potion (Australian skincare company - all natural, very similar to Jurlique). It's called Rosewater Eye Gel, comes in a 25mL bottle with a pump and is cheap. It came about two days into my eczema thing and two days later - no redness or peeling or roughness or itchyness! I don't know if that was coincidence or not, but I have not got rid of eczema under my eyes this quick before. But in terms of having eczema over a larger area, sorry I have no idea what to use Sad

I can tell you what's in the eye gel though:

(off the bottle)
Aqua, rosa centifolia flower water, vegetable glycerin, sorbitol, xanthan gum, vitamin A. E. F. H. & B. complex, panthenol (provitamin B), chamomile herbal extract (organically grown), sodium hydroxymethylglucinate.

Mabsy
Mabsy

Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:50 am      Reply with quote
I just dug up a "home remedies" book and looked up eczema. There's a few things you could try (and oatmeal baths are one of them Smile). But baths apparently have to be luke-warm though, never hot!

Also:

-there was a study published in a medical journal (Lancet) that reported a significant improvement with eczema following high doses of Evening Primrose Oil (in capsule form). Then again, another study didn't find conclusive results *sigh*

-OTC ointments that contain 0.05 percent hydrocortisone.

-wear cotton clothing

- make sure your laundry is rinsed twice to get rid of any remaining detergent

The book also talks about using various after-bath moisturisers, like Eucerin or Keri. I've had Keri bath oil before and it was very nice btw.

Mabsy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
hi Mabsy, thanks for all the helpful eczema information. This is actually my first time experiencing eczema, and I don't think I'm stressed (well no more than usual :P) I am definitely interested in that eye gel you mentioned and will have to check it out. As much as I love and adore Decleor products--their sensitive skin line is awesome; I will no longer support them anymore. Rumour has it that Shiseido (who tests on animals) owns them. What a huge bummer, I wrote them a letter expressing my disappointment, and stated they lost a customer. Sigh... But in the meantime I discovered a lot of conscious companies out there that are vegan, have won awards and have a celebrity following, that I am dying to check out. Companies like Lamas for example.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |