Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hyaluronic acid for lips
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
thirtyish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I got my HA vitamins last night (Hydraplenish to be exact) and did not experience what others have...no plump lips this morning. At least I'm pretty sure they were the same size as last night. Regular dose is 2 vitamins, and it says something like intense dose is 4 vitamins. Maybe I will try that...
So for some of you, were the plump lips really that visible?
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I think the HA is just a supplement, and should not be considered a vitamin. Some forum members found they needed a higher dosage to see the results on their lips and the results are usually temporary. Some saw no effect on their lips, but dry feet improved instead. Give your body a few more days (at least) to absorb the acid. Be patient! Keep in mind that HA is actually meant for the skin and joints!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
For me I took 2 the night before and I woke up like I got punched in the mouth Laughing .

I would play around with the dosage, some do need higher amounts. Some have even taken 3 at a time to jump start it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I thought it would be too good to be true that it would plump lips, so I got it for the overall benefits, hoping that there would be some plumping too.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Don't give up on it, try it again and with maybe a different dosage.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
For me I took 2 the night before and I woke up like I got punched in the mouth Laughing .

I would play around with the dosage, some do need higher amounts. Some have even taken 3 at a time to jump start it.

Hrm...I wish I could see results like yours! I've tried three different brands and have upped my dosage quite a bit, and have seen very little results. Sad
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies - be sure to read thru the 'Eureka' thread.

What we've found out is basically that you probably won't see plumping results if your body is using the supplement elsewhere.

Myself as case in point. I have had FAR too many surgeries on joints (2 shoulder, 1 elbow and need both knees done) and not being a young lass anymore I beleive the onset of arthritis maybe kicking in. I too tried the HA caps. But - wasn't seeing any results in my lips, though slowly noticed my 'joints' hurt less. A few others chimed in similar results, others did some research and found that our bodies were using the HA elsewhere. Eventually I did get a plumping in my lips, at 1st dramatic then it sorta leveled out.

Point being, don't get discouraged - your body is using this supplement in some manner that it obviously deems more worthy than you do right now Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
i take it daily ,but no positive result.
just like never take it
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
Ladies - be sure to read thru the 'Eureka' thread.

What we've found out is basically that you probably won't see plumping results if your body is using the supplement elsewhere.

Myself as case in point. I have had FAR too many surgeries on joints (2 shoulder, 1 elbow and need both knees done) and not being a young lass anymore I beleive the onset of arthritis maybe kicking in. I too tried the HA caps. But - wasn't seeing any results in my lips, though slowly noticed my 'joints' hurt less. A few others chimed in similar results, others did some research and found that our bodies were using the HA elsewhere. Eventually I did get a plumping in my lips, at 1st dramatic then it sorta leveled out.

Point being, don't get discouraged - your body is using this supplement in some manner that it obviously deems more worthy than you do right now Cool

I read all of the thread, and boy did I ever get educated about HA! Smile I'm glad I discovered it, because my hips have been somewhat affected from playing soccer and lifting weights for most of my life. So I'm thinking that the HA is going there, right now. I hope that it WILL eventually go to my lips! It has been a few months since I started taking it, though. I just hope I'm not one of the people who see no results. I'll just keep trying different brands.

I've been using a lip pump too, which works, but the effect fades away after a few minutes.
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I posted on the 'Eureka' thread that I hadn't noticed any difference in my lips, although it had helped other things. My lips are now fuller, but only if I remember to drink lots of water - that was also mentioned on the thread so I thought it was worth a try. It worked for me.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Cesce wrote:
I posted on the 'Eureka' thread that I hadn't noticed any difference in my lips, although it had helped other things. My lips are now fuller, but only if I remember to drink lots of water - that was also mentioned on the thread so I thought it was worth a try. It worked for me.

You probably mentioned this on the "Eureka" thread, but, may I ask what brand of HA you use? I just ordered Hydraplenish (I'm almost out of Jarrow) and I'm hoping that they will help.
thirtyish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
4 Hydraplenish vitamins last night..still no lips. and dang they taste bad! Mad
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
thirtyish wrote:

Uh-oh...that's the brand I just ordered! I had heard some users on the Eureka! thread raving about them, so I thought I'd give them a shot. Maybe you should take six instead of four?
thirtyish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
well it says normal dosage is 2 and intense dosage is 4...so i don't really want to take more than that. maybe the HA is going somewhere else where it's needed more. Question
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:52 am      Reply with quote
thirtyish wrote:
well it says normal dosage is 2 and intense dosage is 4...so i don't really want to take more than that. maybe the HA is going somewhere else where it's needed more. Question

I think that's what's happening with me as well, although I have noticed some slight plumping. When I stopped taking the HA for a few days, it seemed as if my lips shrunk horribly, so that was my clue that it does indeed work -- if not very noticeably. I'm pretty sure the HA is going mostly to my hips. I think the consensus is to keep trying it, and that it will eventually work. Smile
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Funny thing -- I noticed yesterday that all of the HA I've been taking (while not doing too much in the lip department) has made my eyelashes grow!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
It seems the HA is not working for me as a lip plumper either, at least not right now.

Friday night I went to Whole Foods and bought the Source Naturals brand. Took 3 in the car while in the parking lot (!) and 3 before bed. (I really wanted results!) Saturday morning: nothing. Took 4 total on Saturday; Sunday morning: nothing. Took 4 total on Sunday night; Monday morning: nothing. *Sigh!*

I'm sure because I'm dehydrated that the HA is going to a lot of other places (like my joints) before it decides to make a trip over to my lips. Time will tell. I'm going to finish up the Source Naturals (maybe I'll take the rest of the bottle tonight?!) and then try the Hydraplenish (if that's the right name).

I'm hoping the HA kicks in pretty soon. Will report back if/when it does.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I have been taking the Source Naturals Skin Eternal since Saturday night, and this is by far the best brand I've used. I'm actually beginning to see a difference. (That, and my Luscious Lips lip pump is helping, even though I'm still in the "conditioning" phase.) I would highly recommend this brand of HA! Or, it might be because I've been taking HA for a few months now, trying to see results. It's finally beginning to work! Just be patient.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
I have been taking the Source Naturals Skin Eternal since Saturday night, and this is by far the best brand I've used. I'm actually beginning to see a difference. (That, and my Luscious Lips lip pump is helping, even though I'm still in the "conditioning" phase.) I would highly recommend this brand of HA! Or, it might be because I've been taking HA for a few months now, trying to see results. It's finally beginning to work! Just be patient.

I'll try the ones you recommend next. Because I've taken so many, my Source Naturals HA pills are running low! Laughing

Is your lip pump from Cynthia Rowland's Facial Magic? She's a friend of a lady I know, and gave me the facial exercise tape and the lip pump. I've never done the exercises (but should, they really do work and Cynthia looks gorgeous and ageless!) but tried the lip pump for a little bit.

I never got past the conditioning stage to the more advanced stage, where the results are supposed to last most of the day, and I found the results to be very very temporary. How is it working out for you? A couple of the "befores and afters" on her website are quite dramatic and the "Hollywood plump" they show in the brochure is amazing. Shock Very Angeline Jolie!

Maybe I should break that thing out again. If I can find it ... All I know is this: Lipfusion XL is having NO effect on my lips at all Mad , and I'm still waiting on the HA to kick in!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:

This is what I bought and recommended to others. I'm glad you're starting to see some results, yay!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
thirtyish wrote:

Uh-oh...that's the brand I just ordered! I had heard some users on the Eureka! thread raving about them, so I thought I'd give them a shot. Maybe you should take six instead of four?

I tried Hydraplenish too, went through the bottle - no effect. Also tried a bottle Source Naturals HA. I drank alot of water. Kick-started the dosage and Guess my body needed it elsewhere Sad

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Red Devil wrote:

I'll try the ones you recommend next. Because I've taken so many, my Source Naturals HA pills are running low! Laughing

Is your lip pump from Cynthia Rowland's Facial Magic? She's a friend of a lady I know, and gave me the facial exercise tape and the lip pump. I've never done the exercises (but should, they really do work and Cynthia looks gorgeous and ageless!) but tried the lip pump for a little bit.

I never got past the conditioning stage to the more advanced stage, where the results are supposed to last most of the day, and I found the results to be very very temporary. How is it working out for you? A couple of the "befores and afters" on her website are quite dramatic and the "Hollywood plump" they show in the brochure is amazing. Shock Very Angeline Jolie!

Maybe I should break that thing out again. If I can find it ... All I know is this: Lipfusion XL is having NO effect on my lips at all Mad , and I'm still waiting on the HA to kick in!

I just ordered mine directly from Luscious Lips. Supposedly, if you strictly follow the conditioning instructions, it will last at least a few hours. I am forcing myself to go through it completely this time, because I got impatient the first time I tried it and went ahead and pumped up my lips at day 9. I achieved Angelina Jolie, but only for ten minutes! According to my "research", overwhelmingly, users say that the pump does work and does last for awhile. A couple of people had lots of bruising, and those are the ones that had less luck with the pump. Mostly, I think they got worried about the bruising, and so they didn't finish the conditioning.

If I can get those dramatic results to stay, at the end of conditioning, I will be one happy person!

Definitely keep up the HA. It's taken me months, but I am seeing a difference. I think that the lip pump and the HA will work together to make the lip pump effect longer-lasting, too. Wink
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I should probably mention also that I have started drinking eight to ten glasses of water a day! That helps, too.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
I should probably mention also that I have started drinking eight to ten glasses of water a day! That helps, too.

Yeah, I've got to increase my water! There's an entire thread here on drinking water! One of the girls mentioned the Aqua Maestro site - its great - they sell all the really great water brands there!
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:48 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Red Devil wrote:

Yeah, I've got to increase my water! There's an entire thread here on drinking water! One of the girls mentioned the Aqua Maestro site - its great - they sell all the really great water brands there!

I'll have to look into that. I LOOOOVE water!! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |