Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
new here, confused about products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
eden

Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:06 am      Reply with quote
Hello! I'm new to this board today, but I have an * spam alert * to buying and trying out new and different skin care products, make up, etc, so I think this is the board for me!!!!

I'm almost 28, and I have thin,fair skin, so I try to take care of it. I love the old stand-by Oil of Olay especially now that it includes SPF, but I'm trying Stri-vectin now (I already wrote my review there)

One thing about this board though: I've never heard of 90% of these products!!!! The brand names aren't familiar (of course, I was living in Korea for 5 years before moving to Europe so I'm probably pretty out of the loop!!!!!)

Are most of these products from small boutiques? Where do they come from? I'm only used to hearing about more commerical products (Loreal, Clinique, Clarins, Estee Lauder, Chanel, etc)

But I"m willing to try!!!! tee hee!!!!
keep the reviews coming,
eden
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
hi there Eden!
the reason you may not have heard of a lot of the products is cos they are small companies that don't have the outlets that the EL, YSL Chanel etc have......in the uk at least you either have to go to london or buy online....personally I have used skinceuticles, murad, biaggiatti(spelling?!) and stri-vectin....don't worry ..you'll soon get to know the stuff:Dand i think it's fair to say that the ladies on this forum are very well informed....just keep an eye on your credit card tho
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Eden!

I agree that a lot of the top-line products aren't as "well known" because they're not advertised as much. But it's pretty logical if you look at the general economics of things. Brands like Cover Girl, Maybelline, Revlon, etc. use the media (tv especially) to advertise their brand because there are so many products that are similar. Brands like Estee Lauder and Lancome don't have to advertise as much due to their projected clientele base. Even more so, brands like Cellcosmet, Valmont, Dermalogica are really only known to people who actually frequent day spas and use the top-of-the-line product lines. The advertising base for those products are probably day spas and online sellers.

But the amount of advertising that each brand does doesn't determine their quality, obviously. Brands like Cover Girl and Maybelline probably have to sell a lot to make their annual profits (due to the lower cost of their items). Therefore, they invest a lot of their funds into advertising. Brands like Valmont, however, probably only need like 100 people to buy their products and they're set for the year. Ha ha ha, only kidding, but you get my point. Anyhow, that's my theory of the skincare line world.

I, personally, didn't know about all these skincare lines until I came to this forum and visited different day spas. You will soon come to understand the beauty of each brand and will probably figure out which brand suits your skin the best. Despite the fact that they're all "great skincare lines," you will find certain products that suit your skin the best.

Feel free to ask EDS for samples of different lines as they're very generous with their services Smile

Lisa
Mabsy

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by eden
Hello! I'm new to this board today, but I have an * spam alert * to buying and trying out new and different skin care products, make up, etc, so I think this is the board for me!!!!

Welcome! You are *so* in the right place! Very Happy

Btw, like you and quite a few others here, I have not heard of many of these brands before i found this site. E.g. YonKa and Phytomer. From my understanding some of these lines are "salon only" products and are thus not sold in department stores.

Rest assured, the lovely people that take care of packing and sending the orders keep us very well stocked in samples of new things to try. The reviews are also super-helpful when deciding what new stuff to try (you and I share the same * spam alert * Wink).

Mabsy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |