Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr. Hauschka again!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Vana
5% products discount

Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have finally got rid of acne on my face, and I feel like I should stop using the anti-acne cleanser. So I bought Dr. Hauschka sample kit for oily skin and I need some advice. Do you think it is wise to switch up products if I do not have any serious problems with acne anymore?
I heard such good things about DH, but I am scared that I will break me out.
Also, currently I am using a very good moisturizer, do you think I should give that up too if I was to start using DH normalizing day oil? Or can I apply it if I feel like normalizing day oil is not moisturizing enough?
Sorry for so many questions, I just don't know what to do.
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Beware of Dr. H products for fear that you will start the purging process. I am using them now and, while I find them absolutely wonderful, once I started using the night conditioner 20 days ago, my skin is not so pretty right now. It's getting better but I really think it's purging all the chemical junk out of it (I don't understand how it could do it but I do believe that's going on). If you want to to switch to all natural, it's a great line but just be aware that you might go through an uncomfortable adjustment first.

Hope that helps!
Vana
5% products discount

Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I hope that does not happen to me, I am sick of my skin looking bad. Does that happen to everyone?
shubingrt
5% products discount

Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample of hand cream ..I think it's pretty nice....very esay to absorb and smells good Wink
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
If I didn't have so much other product to use up, I would switch to all Dr. H skincare. I used up a sample kit for oily skin (still have some normalizing oil left though), and my skin looked great and felt great. I did not purge, and I am very acne/clog prone.

It would be tough for me to give up my anti-aging stuff, so I would probably slip it in somewhere at night anyway Cool , and I would use another moisturizer during the day if I thought that the normalizing day oil wasn't enough. Just be aware that some people do purge when starting Dr. H, and, in my opinion, the sample pack may not last long enough to see somebody through the purging (if they are going to purge) to clear skin.

Why do you want to switch if what you are using now has made your skin clear? If the products are too drying or something, then simple adjustments could help. If, however, you are like me and grow bored quickly with skincare and like to try new things, then the only solution is to try something new Smile

Good luck!

Tina
Vana
5% products discount

Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
I don't even know what to do anymore, I always think that there is something better out there. Oh well! Maybe I will just stick with what worked so far. Thanks for your help. Any other advice still welcomed.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Since you have the sample kit I see no harm in giving it a try. Start with DHCC first and use it a few days because most ppl purge with DHCC. If you do start to see clogged pores then stop and go back to your own routine. But if you don't purge with DHCC you can try to incorporate more items from the sample kit. Mainly if you don't purge with DHCC there is not a big chance you will purge with the other items because DHCC is what draws the impurities to the surface thus if you don't purge it means your face is pretty clean anywas. Also if the normalizing day oil is not moisturizing enough you CAN use your own moisturizer over top.

HTH
Vana
5% products discount

Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanx sormuimui!
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
you might experience a purdging process when first start using Dr. H products. But after the purdging process your skin should look and feel wonderful, however it doesnt work for everybody.
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the rhythmic conditioner now for 21 days. I've been using the Dr. H line mostly since April but not exclusively as I've been trying to use up other products as well.

My skin is definitely in the purging process and it's surprising to me since I have mostly been using Dr. H products for several months now. I am finally starting to see improvement in my skin after almost a month on the conditioner but it's been slooooooow improvement. I am hoping that once I get past this episode and stick to simple, natural products like Dr. H, I won't see the flare up like I have been seeing.

This is one line where I am convinced all the products go together and your skin will benefit from using them together. It took me awhile to admit this because I didn't want to spend the money. I'm a convert now because when I broke down and bought the few products I didn't have, my skin has loved it!

I am amazed though at how well these products work. I would only stick to products before that incorporated the latest scientific findings!
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I would suggest keeping acne regimen for one month and then switch to regular ones.
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Vana wrote:
I hope that does not happen to me, I am sick of my skin looking bad. Does that happen to everyone?

Vana, I have been using a few Dr. Hauschka products for a few weeks with great results (sunscreen, Rose Cream when needed and makeup). I think the key is to integrate a few products at a time only, slowly building up to the full routine, for fear of "shocking" your skin. However, I have just ordered the Night Rhythmic Conditioner and heard that it can break you out (cleansing/purging), so I'll keep you posted when I start using it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
but I really think it's purging all the chemical junk out of it (I don't understand how it could do it but I do believe that's going on)

This is both physically and biologically impossible...
naomim
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend what ever you do, introduce one new product at a time time, like that you know if you have a reaction or it doesn't suit you etc..also from a female point of view, don't change anything till after your monthly...I don't know if other people find this but my skin is more easily upset (I mean unbalanced) at certain times than others.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Dr H line for ages and while I did experience a couple weeks of purging in the chin area at the onset, it was well worth the minor set back. I love the way my skin looks and feels now and I think a couple weeks of bad skin is a minor sacrifice to bear when the results you get later on are so fabulous. Just remember if you do decide to switch and if purging does occur, that this is the storm before the calm and that it will be smooth sailing from there on. Plus you'll be happy to know that you are using a line from a progressive company that follows ethical practices and has a wonderful philosphy for skin care and healthy living!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely give Dr. Hauschka a try. I use Green Cream alongside Dr. H. and am really, really pleased with the results. (Like you, I'm oily and prone to breakouts.) And I'm a bona fide skin care junkie, having used all sorts of different lines and approaches.
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:46 am      Reply with quote
tinamarie8 wrote:
If I didn't have so much other product to use up, I would switch to all Dr. H skincare.

Well, I did it. I have a bunch of Dr. H. products on the way from EDS. I didn't use up the other skincare that I currently have, but I couldn't resist the Dr. H. temptation any more Embarassed

Tina
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:57 am      Reply with quote
tinamarie8 wrote:
tinamarie8 wrote:
If I didn't have so much other product to use up, I would switch to all Dr. H skincare.

Well, I did it. I have a bunch of Dr. H. products on the way from EDS. I didn't use up the other skincare that I currently have, but I couldn't resist the Dr. H. temptation any more Embarassed

Tina

tinamarie8 - What did you order? And will you let me know who it's working out for you when you start using them?? I, too, have just placed an order for some products and can't wait to get them!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:07 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Since you have the sample kit I see no harm in giving it a try. Start with DHCC first and use it a few days because most ppl purge with DHCC. If you do start to see clogged pores then stop and go back to your own routine. But if you don't purge with DHCC you can try to incorporate more items from the sample kit. Mainly if you don't purge with DHCC there is not a big chance you will purge with the other items because DHCC is what draws the impurities to the surface thus if you don't purge it means your face is pretty clean anywas. Also if the normalizing day oil is not moisturizing enough you CAN use your own moisturizer over top.

HTH

I think what sormuimui said is excellent advice.
I started with DHCC and purged really bad but I actually kept going to finish the tube. My face never cleared up, but I realized that DHCC is just not for me. Unless my skin changes (becomes less break-out prone) I probably won't try any other Dr. H products but at least I know a little how my skin reacts.

That said, not every single person purges with Dr. H. I just happened to be one of the worse ones. Many people also report, like wildflower said, that if you stick with it, even when purging, it gets much better. I just didn't have the patience...or the courage to keep going.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
gottaHAVEitALL wrote:
tinamarie8 wrote:
tinamarie8 wrote:

Tina

tinamarie8 - What did you order? And will you let me know who it's working out for you when you start using them?? I, too, have just placed an order for some products and can't wait to get them!!

I can't wait either Shock

I ordered:
Cleansing cream
Cleansing milk
Clarifying toner
Clay mask
Normalizing Day Oil

I think that is it. I have tried trial sizes of all of these products, and was very impressed with how my skin responded. I will let you know how I do with them although I may wait to start until after the holidays just in case my skin decides to purge Wink

Tina
carmenlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have acne prone skin and DH is just not for me. It clogged my pores after I used it for a while. I don't recommend it to anyone with acne prone skin.
jjirak
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I just switched to Dr. H and has no problems with the transition. I have oily/combination skin and didn't have a single breakout.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the cleansing cream for just over a week and now I have broken out. I have whiteheads on my chin and small bumps on my forehead which I'm guessing is purging, but I also have larger bumps on my upper cheeks closer to my nose. Is this also purging, or is this congestion and I should stop using the CC?
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
I admire all of you who have the patience to stick with products like Dr. H, even through purging and whatever! I tried for 3 months to use this line, and finally realized that it wasn't purging, but a reaction to something in the products. I give up! I'm on to another product line (PSF), and slowly my skin is starting to look normal again. Every one of us has to use her judgment about what the product is doing to the the skin. I wasn't convinced that it was purging!

S.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, that's my point too. I can see the whiteheads being purging, but what about large bumps?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |