Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pore Question - Wash in cold or warm water?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
willisti
5% products discount

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

Say after ive just played tennis and need a wash should you I use cold or warm water?

What’s best in this situation for your pores?

Thanks
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:17 am      Reply with quote
When I wash my face I use warm water, but I heard it's good to splash cold water as your last step to close the pores.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
When I wash my face I use warm water, but I heard it's good to splash cold water as your last step to close the pores.

I think it's agood idea although I haven't tried it myself.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:

that's what i do.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
My husband is 30, and he has very nice skin. I wish i'd have it. Laughing He doesn't use any skincare except aftershave balm, but he always (for many years) washes his face with cold water.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
jumpingball wrote:
My husband is 30, and he has very nice skin. I wish i'd have it. Laughing He doesn't use any skincare except aftershave balm, but he always (for many years) washes his face with cold water.

hahaha, guys are so lucky in that sense, my husband is 38 now and his skin is so good too, without any skincare products. i always force him to use my leftovers.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
wash with warm and finish with cold is the best combination.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Warm water is better in terms of expanding pores, washing away sweat, dirt, bacteria and oil. Some people like to follw with cold since things typically become smaller when cold, but this effect doesn't last long. I'd say go with warm for the best clean.
ja2006
5% products discount

Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Warm is best because cold and hot water is too traumatic for the skin.

Pores do not open and close and they will only appear to shrink temporarily if you use an astringent or such to take away all of the oils.
LoathingFoundation
5% products discount

Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
okay so which is better the sauna or the steam room??? to losen up pores
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
My guess would be steam room, but they probably both work the same to open up pores - just make sure your face is clean before you do it!
Shirley M
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
I wash and rinse with warm water.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, use warm water to open up the pores and finish it with splash of cold water to close the pores.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
ja2006 wrote:
Warm is best because cold and hot water is too traumatic for the skin.

Pores do not open and close and they will only appear to shrink temporarily if you use an astringent or such to take away all of the oils.

ja2006 - you are exactly right. Warm/tepid water is best (we're not washing a load of whites here!) - not too hot and not too cold. And, pores do NOT open and close.
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Completely agree.
Tepid water.
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:

That's what I do Very Happy It have a perfect effect to your pore doing it every day!
thethe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I always use cold water, whether winter or summer, I think this is a matter of habit, maybe I should try to use warm water Rolling Eyes
mikamika
5% products discount

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Warm water and then ice-cold water from the fridge. Extremely refreshing and great for closing pores too!
Koka
5% products discount

Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I also use hand warm water to open the pores first, then end up with cold water. This is good for blood circulation. Too hot or too cold water are not good for skin.
ballerinna
5% products discount

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
At first wash your face with warm water to open up the pores and clean them and finish with cold water to close the pores to make sure dirt doesn't get in them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:07 am      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
jumpingball wrote:

hahaha, guys are so lucky in that sense, my husband is 38 now and his skin is so good too, without any skincare products. i always force him to use my leftovers.

Most of the guys I've gone out with they use toner, sunscreen and perfumes and bath stuff.

And this is before even meeting me and knowing them long that I seem to find this out.
Maybe I just date high maintenance guys?

Ex-bf he actually would try to borrow my cncealer for when he had to go on tv Laughing (he had to do a lot of art related things).

One guy I was going out with before, his mom was a rep for some skincare line and she was always telling him it is good to use toner and sunscreen...he actually had really nice skin too Smile
lawgurl

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
same goes for showers? only shower in warm (not hot) water?
...but i love hot showers! Sad
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:

That's what I have done for years too, even after OCM I use very warm water to remove the oil makeup and dirt, then finish off with a very cool rinse. It works for me. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Using cool water to clean our face is helpful in minimize pores.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Actually pores cannot open and shut, the only thing that really can help to long term minimize pores is Retin A from what I've read, and even then its really requiring long term usage.

Whilst cold water can give the appearance that its closing pores, its actually just shocking the skin, and there are doubts as to long term if this is good and as beneficial as we've been led to believe.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |