Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
ANYONE else hate 2 COVERUP their skin with Foundation?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LoathingFoundation
5% products discount

Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I cant stand foundation/coverup whatever it sucks esp. cause i can never find a correct color match... my goal for this year is to get my skin so purrrty that i dont need to coverup with stinky foundation...

share your thoughts Very Happy
willowsnow
5% products discount

Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I am not too fond of wearing foundation, partly because I am so pale that it is hard to get a good match and partly because I hate the way foundation sticks to flakey skin, blemishes and fine lines, I often feel I look worse after I use it!
I too want to have the best skin I can so that if I choose to wear make up it will glide on nicely. I have just discovered mineral make up thanks to the girls here so I am experimenting with that and I do find it better that ordinary foundations.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I never wear foundation. I wear tinted moisturizer and concealer where it is needed. Have you tried this option?
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I hate wearing liquid foundation too. I always feel that I am somehow wearing a mask on my face and I feel that it accentuates the fine lines/wrinkles Mad

I also like wearing a tinted moisturizer as it is much lighter than liquid foundation. However, I am waiting for my MMU to arrive and see how I like it.

Besides if I decide to use the ISC line including Hydracool then I probably won't need a moisturizer unless in winter.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've never used liquid or those creamy powder foundations. It's impossible to find a good match for yellow undertones. Plus, all this coverage eventually leads to skin problems...

I use only MMU, and have started to use Pure Luxe's tinted Line Eraser in "banana split" and it provides excellent neutralising coverage, but not sure about long term use because it's very high in silicones.

I think I'm on the same track as you, to improve the condition of my skin so I don't need to use any coverage.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I also hate foundation! Over the years, I've tried dozens. And I've tried tinted moisturizers. So I've generally done what Lucinda recommended -- only used a bit of concealer here and there (I have to admit my skin's in pretty good condition). The main problem for me has been my freckles -- they make foundation apparent, which defeats the purpose, right? I always envied women who could pull it off -- they looked more polished.

But I have to say that I'm really liking Jane Iredale Pressed Base. Maybe it's luck that the color (Bisque) matches my skin so well. But anyway, it really "perfects" my face without the heavy look and feel of liquid foundation. My freckles still show, but now they look lighter (but not in the yucky way that liquid foundation made them look lighter). I'd read about MMU on the forum for two years and finally took the plunge a month ago. Now I understand the raves Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall I only hope it doesn't make my skin look dry in winter. If it does, I'll try the loose powder since the pressed is supposed to be better for oily skin (my sunscreen is really oily but in spite of it, my skin still gets drier in cold weather).
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I used to wear heavy-duty foundation, then switched to tinted moisturizer + concealer, then recently switched to MMU. I much prefer the last one as it feels very light and doesn't clog my pores.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
I've never worn foundation my whole life until last year, when i discovered MMU. I think it's a matter of finding the right color match...just like finding the right pair of jeans, it's never easy and needs patience. Wink Now, whenever i go out without foundation, i feel like my skin doesn't look the best that it can. At first i was put off by foundation when i tried liquid by Prescriptives. No matter what i do i couldn't get it to look right, but then MMU is so easy to apply, it's almost foolproof.
lulabelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:35 am      Reply with quote
hey Dollbird!

I remember we chatted a bit on a EDM MMU thread and both found that it clogged our pores by the end of the day... did you find an MMU that works better for you!?

do share!

Thanks!
Lau
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Yes I too hate wearing foundation, my skin always feels too heavy when I have it on.
I never wear foundation during the day and will only use MAC Studio Fix powder foundation when I am going out somewhere special.
Much prefer a bit of concealer and blusher.
Although I don't know if this is classed as foundation but Dr Hauschka Translucent Bronze Concentrate mixed with Day Oil gives a nice dewy look and blends those blemishes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I never wear it and hate it. I don't even do any tinted moisturizers or concealers. At this point I'm very lucky that I don't need any of the above.

If anything I may wear a tinted moisturizer for an occassion.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I really hate foundation. I hate powder too, but have to wear because otherwise I have sunscreen shinies. I love going out at night with nothing except for a little mascara & blush.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
lulabelle wrote:
hey Dollbird!

I remember we chatted a bit on a EDM MMU thread and both found that it clogged our pores by the end of the day... did you find an MMU that works better for you!?

do share!

Thanks!
Lau

Hi Lau!

Wow you remembered! I've settled on Lauress MMU. They have such a WIDE range of shades, it's almost impossible not to find a perfect match. I love Lauress for its texture, quality, and most of all, no irritation and no clogged pores! Lauren, the owner, is very helpful in shade selection. I hope you'll find your HG one day too! Don't give up! MMU by concept is great.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I am the odd ball out. I love foundation. Powder that is. I like how my skin looks and feels. I can not wait to put my make up on in the morning. It evens my skin and makes me feel beautiful and alive. Without, I feel sleepy and old.
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
I hate foundation.

My goal is to perfect my skin (or at least close enough) so that foundation-optional (as it is) becomes foundation-unnecessary.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I could be loathingfoundationII - I've given up trying to find a good colour match. I feel I must be on the cusp of types. I once found a good colour and really cheap, but it was discontinued a year later. Yep, for me it's mainly the colour issue, but also I hate to cover up my glow. Most days I prefer my own skin, but I usually blank that out with SS anyhow so I want a foundation to blank out the blanking out now. Laughing
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:58 am      Reply with quote
that's a really excellent goal! i used to have bad skin but after shelling out bundles, and being diligent with skincare, by simply wearing tinted sunscreen, a lot of people think i have really nice skin.

5% products discount

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like wearing foundation. No matter how "light" they claim to be, they always feel heavy on my skin. It's like wearing a mask.

I'm only wearing foundation for very special occasions. Then I like Shiseido's liquid sun foundation which is a perfect match for my skintone and gives a nice and even finish.

On a regular basis I'm just wearing Dr. Hauschka toned day cream or just regular moisturizer and a bit of powder around my nose.
I'm not using tinted moisturizer every day.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:04 am      Reply with quote
My goal is to have skin like a child's, that way no foundation will ever be needed!

It would save money, meaning I can spend more on other things Wink
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I almost always feel like my skin looks better without foundation except (occasionaly)with Phiolosophy complete me mineral foundation...It in no way means that i have perfect skin.it just means i have yet to find a perfect color match and the right texture.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I don't dislike foundation but I do prefer not to wear it. I invested in a really good quality and the luxury of La Prairie Caviar foundation. You can apply very little and or a lot and it is not noticable at all.

My skin will never be that perfect but I don't always have to use concealor.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I didn't need foundation. I don't mind wearing it so much, now that I'm using MMU. I have a lot of days that I really hate having to apply it, even though it's gotten much easier for me to gauge the quantity to apply.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:52 am      Reply with quote
i hate wearing foundation too.. but i dont really mind MMU.. its the liquids i hate. i am working towards getting foundation free skin as well... do you guys think that it is really possible though? (i mean if you have somewhat troubled skin to begin with on the quest for foundation free skin)
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:18 am      Reply with quote
i wish i didnt have to wear foundation but i have uneven skintone from acne scaring and pimples, so i feel like i have to wear cover-up or foundation to cover up my flaws. Sad
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like to wear foundation. The color I use blends so great with my skin, but I still feel like I'm wearing a mask. I try to get away with MAC stick concealer and a dusting of powder. To quote something I read from some cosmetics counter.....Something like this: 'the best foundation begins with great skin".....kinda cheeky but true.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |