Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
My Holy Grail list so far...Wheee!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, it seems like I've stumbled on quite the recent list of products that I absolutely love, have and will be replacing!!! Here they are in no particular order:

-True Cosmetics pressed powder in medium #1

-PSF (Cranberry Phyto-Lift, Stimucol-C, Pumpkin Enzyme mask , O2 spray, Browtox, DMAE Toner, microdermabrasion cream)

-Devita Aloe Vera cleanser

-Zenbiotics (Rinseless cleanser, foundation pack - super stuff, O2 spray - excellent everyday option to PSF's more pricey version)

-Skin Biology (CP serum, Exfol, TriReduction, Folligen, SuperCop 2x, Night Eyes Premier)

-Diana Yvonne or Skin Care Central (2% & 5% BHA, 15% Mandelic acid, 35% Fruit Acid peel, LB Processors Ultra & Clear emu oils)

-Platinum Skin Care (TCA acid 20% for spot treatment)

-Jan Marini age intervention lash treatment along w/castor oil and my new Tarte eyelash curler (wow!)

Whew! What a list but I am pleased with the incredible progress I've made in the last few months!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl, I'm so glad that you've discovered Zenbiotic products too! I swear, some days I wonder how I ever got along without them! Do you use the Phyto Moisture too, or do you mainly stick to the toners?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Manslayerliz, I used all of the products including the Phyto Moisture today to test them out and was VERY impressed. My skin is totally balanced out though still a bit of shine comes through eventually but that's NOTHING compared to the normal state of my skin!

The products are so light that I will use the foundation pack in the AM (cleanser, skin prep, oxy toner, phyto moisture, cell serum and finally oxygen at the very last step and also after my vitamin C, etc.). I believe that I will put my beloved BHA/Mandelic in between the skin prep and oxy toner after these absorb. That is my plan, anyway. I have to use BHA to keep my pores uncongested and my mandelic, well, I love it so much for minimizing pores that I think this will work...we shall see. I'm not concerned about conflicts, just don't want to lose benefits!

At night, I will continue to use my CPs/emu oil/HA combo for remodeling. Smile But, I really, really like the Zenbiotics products. They are up there w/my love for all things PSF but cheaper!
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great list of products scalawagirl - it's nice to know they actually work before spending my hard-earned cash on them!
Shirley M
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome, Shirley. I tend not to post aobut any products unless I'm sure I like them. Smile These are all really wonderful ones that are working very well for me!
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:49 am      Reply with quote
my hg products so far are
spectro gel
avene thermal water
i think these two will be permanent staples my whole life!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
smqueen wrote:
my hg products so far are
spectro gel
avene thermal water
i think these two will be permanent staples my whole life!

Do tell, what is it that you like so much and what have you experienced so far? Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:30 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
-Diana Yvonne or Skin Care Central (2% & 5% BHA, 15% Mandelic acid, 35% Fruit Acid peel, LB Processors Ultra & Clear emu oils)

I just started using the Skin Care Central 15% MA and I really don't like the smell compared to Vivant from DY, it smells like cheap vodka and that's kinda gross at 7 in the morning.....
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Sushi, I hope you got a sample! I must not be affected by smells much because I didn't notice that at all. However, what I do find is that it seems just as strong as the Vivant but not necessarily when applying.

I have to be careful because I actually experienced frosting with it!

So, to test out my theory, I will try the Vivant for the next few days. It could be something else so I don't want to automatically blame the GOW.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
i love them both for the same reasons.. that they are the only products i can rely on to save my skin when i wreck it with the wrong products or bad lifestyle habits!

i love spectro gel the most becuase it the the only cleanser i have ever used that doesnt upset my skin.. it actually helps the healing process and it does cleanse very thouroughly (except makeup that is) and it is soo gentle and mild.. and the texture is great.. sometimes i dont like cleanser because of the texture or how it feels on my skin.. but yeah everything about spectro gel is just lovely!

avene thermal water is also a life saver.. it really calms down my skin and even takes away redness if its light/moderate.. and when i use it and my skin is NOT upset, i think it makes my skin glow or i duno how to explain it.. just brightens up a bit or has more radiance to it.. and i dont use brightening/radiance kind of products so its not something else. i really feel its the best toner ive used so far (i usually just want toner to close my pores or to hydrate)
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Here's mine: -Revive Volumizing Serum
-PSF Oxygen serum
-CMI Peel Therapy
-LRP Anthelios XL LAIT, SPF 50+
-Kanebo Cream Foundation
-Lancome Hypnose Mascara
-Armani glosses
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
-PSF Oxygen serum
-CMI Peel Therapy
-Kanebo Cream Foundation
-Lancome Hypnose Mascara
-Armani glosses
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I forgot to add my dermawand and Baby Quazer (my gadgets, lol!!).
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:30 am      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
Hi, I forgot to add my dermawand and Baby Quazer (my gadgets, lol!!).

Geez, me, too. I have the Baby Q and it's working on reducing my broken caps - slowly but it working.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
-PSF Oxygen serum
-CMI Peel Therapy
-Kanebo Cream Foundation
-Lancome Hypnose Mascara
-Armani glosses

Lipglossdoll, do you still use CMI peel therapy? Do you buy it direct, or have you found anyplace that carries it?
I used to use it years ago, when it was offered by the Canadian home shopping channel, but they don;t carry it anymore, so I just ordered direct from CMI.

How do you use yours? As a treatment, or under your makeup?
Thanks! CG
zaney63
5% products discount

Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl:
I also use a lot of similar skin biology products and I am trying to add additional products from other lines but I am having trouble developing a regimen that includes them all. I would really like to know your schedule/regimen that allows you to fit in so many great products. If its not to much trouble could you let us know how you do it.
Gratefully
MJS
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
zaney63 wrote:
Scalawaggirl:
I also use a lot of similar skin biology products and I am trying to add additional products from other lines but I am having trouble developing a regimen that includes them all. I would really like to know your schedule/regimen that allows you to fit in so many great products. If its not to much trouble could you let us know how you do it.
Gratefully
MJS

Sure, no problem. Here's my current routine. I have simplified things somewhat and am doing a lot more peeling lately (thus, the simplification). So far, so good. Here you go (BTW, I print out my routine and tape it inside my bathroom mirror for reference):

· Rinse with water; exfoliate w/Epidermix II (in lieu of cleansing
· PSF Cranberry Phyto-Lift on upper
· Exfol Serum (under eyes and on neck); Mandelic acid 15% on oily areas - WAIT 30 minutes (occasional)
· Candessence Triple C Serum (face, neck, chest and hands); PSF Stimucol-C under eyes - WAIT 10 minutes
· Candessence Firming Serum then DMAE 6% layered
· PSF Super Hydrating Eye Cream all around eyes
· Clear Emu oil/HA lightly applied to face and neck
· Sofina Nuance SS, if sunny and going to be out a lot - I rely on antioxidants (Vitamin C and internal), if not

PM
· Cleanse w/Ice Elements Refining Cleanser with Clarisonic brush (or Perfect Complexion TCA Cleanser)
· Jan Marini eyelash treatment (once every 3 nights)
· DY BHA 2% - wait 30 minutes
· CP Serum/Super CP Serum (8 drops mixed) to face, Night Eyes Premier under/around eyes, CP Serum on neck/BND on décolletage
· PSF Super Hydrating Eye Cream all around eyes; Katee's Eye Potion under eyes
· Ultra Emu oil/HA lightly applied to face and neck (on neck, mix with Ice Elements Edelweiss Serum)
· Castor oil to lashes and brows

HTH!

5% products discount

Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl:
wow, that is amazing and so very helpful. I can see why a printed schedule (especially in the morning when I stumble around for the first hour) is a good idea.

I also have a question about vit C. I recently made my own serum but when I used it my skin turned orange. I thought it must be my poor DIY skills, so I ordered some from Candesence but the same thing happened, my skin turned orange.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening or how I can rectify it.
I know this question shoud be in another thread but I have no idea how to start a new thread. I'm a real beginner at this.

Sorry to be such a nuisance.
MJS
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
zaney63 wrote:
scalawaggirl:
wow, that is amazing and so very helpful. I can see why a printed schedule (especially in the morning when I stumble around for the first hour) is a good idea.

I also have a question about vit C. I recently made my own serum but when I used it my skin turned orange. I thought it must be my poor DIY skills, so I ordered some from Candesence but the same thing happened, my skin turned orange.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening or how I can rectify it.
I know this question shoud be in another thread but I have no idea how to start a new thread. I'm a real beginner at this.

Sorry to be such a nuisance.
MJS

It's likely due to something you've applied to your skin before the Vitamin C. I use Exfol Serum under my eyes and noticed the same thing w/PSF Stimucol-C turning the area orange! So, now, I rinse the Exfol off prior to using the Stimucol-C.

5% products discount

Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl:
Thanks again for all your help.
Regards
MJS
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

avene thermal water is also a life saver.. it really calms down my skin and even takes away redness if its light/moderate.. and when i use it and my skin is NOT upset, i think it makes my skin glow or i duno how to explain it.. just brightens up a bit or has more radiance to it.. and i dont use brightening/radiance kind of products so its not something else. i really feel its the best toner ive used so far (i usually just want toner to close my pores or to hydrate)

Smqueen, I totally agree. I use avene mist to wash my face instead of tapwater, and what a difference it makes!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
My HG list changed a bit since the last similar thread. Here it is:

Cetaphil sensitive cleanser
PSF O2 Rescue Serum
PSF Green Tea Facial Cleanser
PSF Retinol Night Repair
Jurlique Face Wash Cream
Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel
Jurlique Deep Penetrating Cream Mask
Vitamin C serum
Asprin Mask

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:02 am      Reply with quote
[quote="avalange"]
Quote:

Smqueen, I totally agree. I use avene mist to wash my face instead of tapwater, and what a difference it makes!

--avalange

I would like to try this, as i've been concerned about "hard water", and I see that you can buy purifyers for your shower head but not for your sink tap! But may i ask, how do you rinse off something like a clay mask, or DrH CC with a simple mist?

And also, can someone please explain the benefits of castor oil on lashes and brows? Does it really make them grow? I am waiting for my JM serum, and the Ardell serum can't be found in canada (and i believe drugstore.com only ships to US), so i'm willing to give Castor Oil a try.

Thanks everyone! Very Happy

SKIN: 33,fair.My work env't is skin hell! (flight attend. = dryness&eye circles!) AM: Lavantine Cleansing Oil, squalane, ISOMERS carnosine complex (250x more pow'ful than Idebenone), eye cream varies, JuiceBeauty Antiox Serum, Anthelios SS. PM: Lavantine, squalane, Remergent DNA Repair. Want: Silk Dust
steffers
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
(sorry...the above was a bit of a "threadjack" wasn't it? Shock )

Here's my HG list:

-ACV toner (with more added peppermint to mask smell)
-DrHCC
-Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque
(cheap drugstore find. A great sulfur mask, pimples fade away)
-Squalane oil
-YY oil
-Remergent DNA Repair (skin is looking good, and I attribute it to this)
-Okusil by AlphaDerma (got a sample from EDS and i think i will purchase)
-JuiceBeauty Green Apple Peel

SKIN: 33,fair.My work env't is skin hell! (flight attend. = dryness&eye circles!) AM: Lavantine Cleansing Oil, squalane, ISOMERS carnosine complex (250x more pow'ful than Idebenone), eye cream varies, JuiceBeauty Antiox Serum, Anthelios SS. PM: Lavantine, squalane, Remergent DNA Repair. Want: Silk Dust
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |