Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Results from Jan Marini, castor oil, eyelash tint and Tarte!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, if you're wondering whether these products work, here's proof! I am not wearing any mascara in this picture and almost did a double take when I realized that! I've been using Jan Marini for about a month or two, started the castor oil about 3 nights ago, tinted my lashes 2 days ago and curled them w/the Tarte eyelash curler (thanks, Carekate). I highly recommend these items, if you're trying to gain thicker, longer lashes!

Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl

All I can say is WOW.

Your lashes look really incredible with no mascara on them.

Do you just put the castor oil on the surface of your lashes?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
What brand of castor oil do you use? Also, did you use the black or black/blue dye?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hey there. I do apply the castor oil (cold-pressed bought from Mountain Rose Herbs online) by dropping a few drops in my palm and then twirling a mascara brush that I have (clean, no mascara) around in it and then onto my lashes before I go to sleep!

As for the color, I use the blue black eyelash tint and am very happy with it. This last time, I tinted my eyebrows using the brown tint, too. Smile
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
HOLY SMOKES your lashes look beautiful!!!!

I'm totally jealous!! You should send your pic to JM for advertisement, maybe they'd send you some cha-ching Cool
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
What a great idea! Here's a pic this morning with no makeup at all on except I touched up my brows a tiny bit and did curl my lashes but that's it:

Don't be jealous, woman! That's why I posted so other's could be encouraged. Smile

Oh a note about applying the castor oil, I do so then a few minutes later (after brushing teeth), I lightly swipe a tissue to pick up any excess oil.
rayofsun
5% products discount

Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
All I can say is WOWWW...
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! I didn't tint my lower lashes but will next time, that's for sure!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Lifeplyr01 wrote:
HOLY SMOKES your lashes look beautiful!!!!

I'm totally jealous!! You should send your pic to JM for advertisement, maybe they'd send you some cha-ching Cool

I second the smoke! I can't wear any kind of mascara so any method of making my lashes look better helps. I've ordered the Talika eyelash stuff cause I just can't think of spending that much for the JM product. I would have never thought that castor oil would be anything else other than the stuff on a spoon our mom would chase us around with when we were sick Neutral
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! You have beautiful eyelashes I the jan marini miracle, it's expensive but sooo worth it.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
I've noticed that those who use the 1000 hrs DIY choose the blue/black, as opposed to just the black. Just curious why that is? Your beautiful lashes look black to me, but I'm sure that the blue tint makes some kind of effect. Wondering what effect the blue tint has?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Dealated and Leidon! I use the blue black for the glossy sheen and also because it doesn't seem as harsh as the black. Hope that helps!
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Would you have a photo of what your lashes were like before using JM?

Also what is the aim of using castor oil? It is a conditioner? I am using Mavala Double Lash and it is having no effect at the moment. Sad
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:34 am      Reply with quote
OMG. Absolutely amazing lashes you have there girl! Are your lashes naturally already thick though?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
SWG~

Do you use the Talika Heated Eyelash curler or just the regular one? I'm thinking of buying one of them. JM eyelash MIRACLE growth Cool , will definately be on my Xmas list!!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Ladies, I have always had "long" lashes but not this long, I assure you OR this thick!!!

Castor oil is the secret ingredient in many products for lash growth and conditioning. I use it to give me condition and extra oomph for the Jan Marini. I know it's expensive but I'm on the bandwagon, it's awesome stuff. You can get a discount on EDS and also keep an eye out for specials on other sites that members will occasionally post. It does last a long time, too, since you only use a small amount. Just enough to apply a line to the root of your lashes (where you'd put liner). It's easy and when you consider how long it lasts, fairly cost effective. I think Carekate said hers last 4 months but maybe even longer.

Now, I mainly started using JM to increase the thickness of my lashes, specifically, since I was satisfied w/the length but you may notice that my brows were quite thin in the month-ago pic, as well (even the year-old but I had brow pencil on). I have been working on both with great results. So, my lashes were not thick to start with, no.

I am not using the Talika curler but purchased the Tarte Picture Perfect curler on Carekate's recommendation (from Sephora). My Panasonic heated curler is on it's way from Amazon. I have to tell you, that will probably give me an even nicer curl but the Tarte keeps my lashes curled all day but I had no product on them at all. It is possible that once I put the lash gloss on, I will need to use the heated curler to pick up the lashes due to the product weight.

Another recent pic of my lashes I did for another thread - no mascara at all; just curled. Also, notice the brows are back in action!

One month ago - using Jan Marini for one month at this point. You can see how much my lashes have filled in since this picture was taken:

Almost one year ago but WITH mascara:

rayofsun
5% products discount

Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl, did you use Rogaine on your eyebrows?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
rayofsun wrote:
Scalawaggirl, did you use Rogaine on your eyebrows?

Only for a very short time. I switched to Folligen when I started copper peptides from Skin Biology (Folligen is the hair growth CP lotion) and my results are from this product. I use it each night when I apply my CPs and am very, very pleased with the results. Smile
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've ordered some cold pressed Castor Oil yesterday I remembered I'd seen it listed on a product before. It's the first ingredient in the Dr. Hauschka eye balm which I use faithfully every morning and night.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
I've ordered some cold pressed Castor Oil yesterday I remembered I'd seen it listed on a product before. It's the first ingredient in the Dr. Hauschka eye balm which I use faithfully every morning and night.

Just wanted to add, Rufus, that I started dabbing a bit of castor oil on my brows at the same time I do my lashes for extra oomph to the Folligen.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for posting all the photos scalawaggirl! You and your eyes are so beautiful. I think your eyelashes have grown so much longer, comparing the year old and current photos.

I am going to try the castor oil (cold pressed?)! Thank you for sharing your wonderful tips.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:
Thank you for posting all the photos scalawaggirl! You and your eyes are so beautiful. I think your eyelashes have grown so much longer, comparing the year old and current photos.

I am going to try the castor oil (cold pressed?)! Thank you for sharing your wonderful tips.

You're very welcome and thanks! Definitely cold-pressed castor oil, don't use the stuff in the pharmacy as it has chemical junk and will likely irritate.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Scalawagirl,

Great pictures. Thank you for sharing your experience.

What brand of eyelash tint do you use? Where did you get it?

Rose
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Here you go:

http://www.radiuspharmacy.co.nz/19/group/0/search_str/1000+Hours/product/page/1/style/2054/

No problems ordering from them at all and I've got a bunch that will last me awhile. I use the blue black on my lashes and the brown on my brows. I apply with a clean mascara-style wand as the included applicator is cumbersome and messy!

Here are two today pics. The first close up shows my lashes with one (!) coat of mascara (regular, non-thickening) and the second is a full face pic. I was messing around and thought I try a natural look but put a coat of mascara on. It looks like night-time makeup! I'm kind of happy about this because mascara is the thing I do last and now, for daytime, I don't need to worry about it. Yay! So, I'm wearing light minerals (True #1 medium), brown eyeshadow just as a liner, black tightline, one coat of mascara, a light sweep of MAC Harmony blush (very neutral) and Eucerin Aquaphor ointment on my lips.

Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Scala,

Can you get it from an online store from US?

Rose
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |