Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Need Bridal make-up advice
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
caligirl

Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
My sisters geeting married next week and she asked me to help her with her make-up. What make-up tips do you all have? What foundation will look good in pictures? Thanks!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I was at MAC last week to get my makeup done for a wedding and on the foundation they suggested the studio line for photos. I opted for a different foundation because I wanted more of a dewy look rather than a photo finished matte look.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hey im in the same boat.
Any advice would be great. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I got married on the 16th. Smile I used all drugstore brands. I'll post up some pictures when they get online but all of it held up for the 6 hours I needed it to (probably would have longer, also):

I'm very very pale, with green eyes and brown hair. I chose not to get a wedding makeover because, while I wanted to look really beautiful, I wanted my husband to be able to recognize me when I walked down the aisle!
-----
Here's what I did:

Loreal TrueMatch Foundation (Soft Ivory - N1)
Loreal TrueMatch Blush (Precious Peach - N1)
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Smoothing Stick (Fair 01)

Isadora Triple Eyeshadow (09 Retro Chrome)
Isadora Gleaming Eye Shadow Wet/Dry (08 White Silver)
Isadora Perfect Contour Kajal (86 Glitzy Cyber)
Ardel lashes (53 Black)
Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender (Brown)
Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil (002 Hazel)

Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor(Peach)
Jordana Easyliner for Lips (Rose Blush)
-----

I chose the selections for my face simply because:
1.) Matches my skintone, and that's a task.
2.) It's a little glowy.

All of the eye products are my personal favorites. Smile Isadora (you get it at Walgreens) makes FABULOUS eyeshadows and liners that light up your face and have great color density that stay on! Absolute best drugstore eyeshadow there is, and better than most department store ones I've tried. The Rimmel eyebrow pencil doesn't get a thumbs up or a thumbs down. I normally do not use an eyebrow pencil, but it didn't strike me as either great or crappy. I chose to do fake lashes because I wanted that little flare of drama without having to put on a brighter shade of lipstick. Smile Also a great alternative to putting on multiple coats of mascara that could be running all down your face.

Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor was the best longwearing color I've tried (even sampled a few non-drugstore ones and tricky layering tactics!) considering it does stay on well and does not dry out your lips like so many others. Jordanna liner was available and worked with the color lol. Smile

Anyway, just thought I'd throw you a line since you ladies aren't getting a lot of responses. I had at least 10 different people wanting to know who did my makeup (LOL), thinking I'd had it done professionally.

And I want to add to please not try to start a new skincare routine too close to your wedding! Never know what your skin is going to do. I'd also give your skin a few day's rest coming up to your wedding, from makeup and stuff as long as you can get away with it. Smile

Congratulations!

Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Remember... staying power!
This is not advice on actual brands, but general advice
Invest in a good primer to hold on, don't go heavy with your foundation, you want it to stay put but not look caked.
Waterproof mascara is a must!
Make sure you have a powder compact that you can keep with you during the day, your lipstick and gloss, you will need to reapply alot!
The Laura Mercier website has some beautiful examples of different looks that would work beautifully for a wedding. Have fun!
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I would love to help, but it is tricky without photos...
I can give some general advice.
1. Primer is a great idea for staying power and remember to prime the eye lid too with an eye base either from Laura Mercier or Trish McEvoy.
2. Avoid any light reflecting concealer under the eye as this can show up as a reverse panda eye (light circles) in photos.
3. Keep dewyness to the cheeks, and keep the t zone matte.
4. There are two foundations that I would recommend: Chantecaille Future Skin or Trish McEvoy Even Skin. Both are oil free and cover with pigment rather than with weight.
5. Stila Kitten is a great base eye shadow for a natural sparkle to the eye.

That's all I can think of for now.
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'd make an appointment at the local Bobbie Brown counter (if the wedding is in the afternoon) otherwise a day or so in advance.

Tell the lady what you are looking for. They do an amazing job and you can get a free make over for the cost of lipgloss (or something you need). If the wedding is in the AM, then watch as the lady does her makeup (a day or so in advance). Ask questions about replicating the look at home. Purchase the items that are the cincher....like the correct shade of foundation -if you have it great- if not, then Def get it. The correct color blush, etc. (I like BB tip for blush. Use two shades. One for the base and the other that matches your cheeks when you have no makeup after a good run. That shade adds the 'pop' of color on the first shade. It really works and is so youthful looking. )

Also, it is important that the bride like the look. If you get it done in advance, then she can wear it and see if she likes it.

Most bridal makeup is very natural, but glowing. The Bobbi Brown ladies can help create that. I love BB makeup as it is really about the woman not a certain look or what is the current rage.

Getting Pure Lux eraser would also be helpful on creating a nice canvas. If you don't have time to order, I found the Clinque pore minimizer works in a pinch.

I hope her wedding goes off nicely! Best of luck!

http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/templates/looks/detail.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY8491

PS. If you do buy BB products you can bring in your stuff and have them apply it for you! Here is a link I found with tips. I just love the yellow in BB. Este Lauder never looked quite right on me. I now am a BB convert. Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:17 am      Reply with quote
I've had a few Bobbi Brown makeovers - once for daytime and twice for Christmas parties. Each time I've been absolutely delighted. The MUAs really seem to know exactly how to make the most of your face. They also tend to give a more natural look, nothing over the top, that would be ideal for a wedding.
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:23 am      Reply with quote
MAC has an online service where you can chat with a live makeup artist. I'd check into that. Good luck! Congrats to your sister and congrats to MarciaNZ! When I got married, the lady that did my hair also did my makeup. Alot of bridal makeup is low key....I liked have a more dramatic look to my eyes.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Be careful of SPF on the big day...it reflects in pictures. If your foundation/powder etc has spf make sure you put it on your neck too otherwise your neck will look tan and your face will look really white. Also, dont use anything glossy...not sparkle...it refects something fierce in photographs (my mom is a wedding photographer)...it looks like really bad shine. My personal oppinion is just...go for a classic look...I did berry lips/black liner and fake lashes...I tried to keep it natural looking (even though I was wearing a lot of foundation)becasue you will be looking at those pictures for a long time to come.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
If you go onwww.bobbibrown.com she has a bridal section with makeup application tips (you dont need to purchase all of her products to achieve the look). I emailed one of her "artists" and got some great tips.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=51116

here is a nice look with instructions on how to apply

also if you want a dewy look as opposed to a matte finish, a really nice foundation is vitalumiere by Chanel (however i do not recommend this foundation for those who have acne) This foundation makes your skin radient, dewy and gives it a nice glow. Great for pictures.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |