Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What do you do for exfoliation around eyes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Taking recommendations here. I currently use Exfol around my eyes with good results for change in skin texture; however, after the success of a recent peel, the skin tone is noticeably different and I'd like it to be all shiny and pink like the new skin!

Thanks.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl

Where do yuo get Exfol? Is this from skio bio?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

Yes, it is so you can get it from DY too. Just thought I'd answer on Scally's behalf in case you're out doing some online shopping.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I use Paulas Choice 2% liquid BHA under my eyes. My upper cheek area has always a problem area for me. I suppose clogged pores from eye creams. Now I always use the bha and never have that problem.

-Cheri
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have been more adventurous with my undereye in the past. I've used Epidermx there, albeit gently and I used to use Jan Marini's bioglycolic facial lotion which is 14% glycolic regularly. They'd look very impressive in the morning after the JM as it exfoliates quite strongly and has a tightening effect, but I'm not sure it's a healthy long-term option so I've given it up. This is largely down to warnings over on SCB that higher % of AHA's can't have any positive effect on such thin skin. It would be nice if you could exfoliate your eye area more strongly, but I'm just not sure it's viable.

I've also tried the Vivant Mandelic recently on the basis that it's supposed to penetrate less deeply but it's too drying with the alcohol.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Quote:

Yes, it is so you can get it from DY too. Just thought I'd answer on Scally's behalf in case you're out doing some online shopping.

Thanks Molly.

Is there a difference between the Exfol Serum, Exfol Cream and Exfol A? Both the serum and cream is 2% Salicylic Acid but no percentage is given for the Vivant Exfol A. I just want to exfoliate under my eyes. Is 2% gentle enough to use without diluting it? Sorry for all the questions.

If anyone is interested, I just saw that the Exfol A is on sale on DY - 20% discount.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ninetynine

That creates a little confusion. I'd forgotten Vivant also has a product called Exfol A, but it's a Vitamin A (retinol) product - not the same thing at all.

2% is gentle enough for the eyes. Most people opt for the serum; partly because they want to layer and partly because the Skinbio creams can be a little clogging. Personally, I use the cream, but it's not so effective for the nose and other oily environs. Like it on my dry parts, like cheeks, though.

HTH Molly Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Molly - I am interested in the JM Bioglycolic lotion for the face. I am looking for an AHA product and can't seem to pick one. Could you tell me about this product?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl
I think a lot of people here have used the Bioglycolic because EDS often chuck in a sample bottle with orders. What can I say? It exfoliated well, much stronger than say ISC Active. I'd wake up with a white, slightly smoother face and out of all leave on AHAs I've used it had a strong tightening/lifting effect on my skin too. I prefer the Mandelic these days for the peachy colour and the pore refinement, but it was pretty good.
Here's a not very informative review from when I'd just started using.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6124
HTH Molly
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, ladies. I kind of thought that this would be the case and it appears that Exfol serum will remain my choice with an occasional mandelic foray. I have tried this before and it was a bit strong with the Vivant. Perhaps, the special GOW will be different.

I shall have to try it.

FYI, I tried Jan Marini's glycolic lotion and Vitamin C eye cream. Whoa! They about burned my face off!!! Just goes to show even though it seems I can and do exfoliate my face off, some products just don't agree!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Did you shake the bottle though? First time I used it I had the same, but then I read the instructions Embarassed
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
You know, I can't remember, it was a sample of the lotion. Couldn't shake the eye cream, though! Good tip, I am often known for ignoring instructions. Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Molly and Scalawaggirl for your replies. I am at a toss up between the bioglycolic lotion or skinceuticals intense line defense. I might give the skinceuticals a go first if the JM product is that strong! Anyway, thanks again for replying!
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Molly. I think I will go with the serum.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |