Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
A new product sampling program in the US
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Just caught this advertised on MUA. For 25 dollars a quarter you get delivered a box of goodies (just the kind we like here); such as a full size C serum from Obagi, some JI pressed samples, a go-smile kit etc, etc, etc.. What good value.
It's called the Testtube and it's from New Beauty Magazine
http://www.newbeauty.com/testtube_MUA.aspx
It's only for the US so I can't do it Sad but you might be able to.
Molly Cool
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
wow...is there a catch? 25 bucks for all that stuff? Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Well they would like you to review the products.

I would do it if I was in the US.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am not in the U.S. (Canada), I could subscribe for the tube, but had to do it by phone, not online, hths. Very Happy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Lipglossdoll - How did you manage that? I can't find any contact info. I'd like to ask them if they'd send to the UK, though I doubt it. Do you have an email address or a phone number? TIA Molly
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi, 1-866-NEW-BEAUTY, or 1-561-750-0151. The e-mail is newbeautyinfo@newbeauty.com
I had subscribed to the mag. at the same time as the test tube, not sure if that makes a difference, hths. Very Happy
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:50 am      Reply with quote
So they send you a new test tube every 3 months...sounds like a cool program!

I wonder if there is a time from in which you must review all the products???

I have a friend who joined a consumer program similar to this and he gets all sorts of free stuff to try and review...his latest acquisition was a Roomba Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
i just look at the website, it sounds so cool. Laughing
chevycamarolvr
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like fun!
Anybody know if you can cancel whenever you want or are you stuck on it FOREVER?

ETA: Nevermind. I just saw you can cancel at any time.
ja2006
5% products discount

Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I signed up for this and got my tube in 2 weeks. It's a pretty decent deal. I mainly wanted this one because I like Obaji products and the Vitamin C serum is like $75.00. You also get a $25 GC to spalook website. Again, good deal but their CS sucks and most of their items are on back order and don't tell you that.

I haven't decided if I will cancel or keep letting it go. Hope this helps out some!
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I got my Test Tube! I can't wait to try all the goodies. I have a mail forwarding service in Miami that sends everything I order from my address in Miami to me here on the island. Love it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Freefall
Does that work out quite cheap? There are often offers in the US I want but can't get. It could be the way Idea
Can you give me the details?
TIA M Cool
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
The one I use I signed up for down here and I've never been in contact with the Miami office so I don't know if they forward all over the world or just to central/south america. We pay $1700 US a year and that includes 50 lbs a month of mail. We usually go over that by about 50 lbs and it is just under $3 a lb for the extra weight. As long as each package is under 20 lbs we don't pay anything to customs and usually if we ask the company not to ship the item with an invoice we can make up a more reasonable one to provide customs when it gets here.

A friend of mine who also works on yachts has a mailbox in Fort Lauderdale at one of those Pack and Ship type stores and they will forward her mail anywhere in the world for her. She just lets them know where she is and how often they should send it. They have her credit card on file and charge it.

PS - we don't pay for the service, the yacht does. Most of what we order is for the yacht, parts, pumps, stuff we need to replace right away.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for replying Freefall
I think $1700 US is a little steep Shock for the occasional skincare package and I don't often shop for ship engines and such. I thought you'd say twenty dollars or so.
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I signed up for the testtube sampling program and am awaiting my first tube. Thanks for the info, Molly!

FYI, there is a $6.95US shipping fee (at least to Canada).

It's my understanding that reviewing the products is optional, but it can be done in writing or over the internet.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome Montrealgal Smile well, sort of - I'm actually a bit jealous

BTW just a bit of info for users outside of the US/Canada, I did email testtube and they won't ship anywhere else Crying or Very sad
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Molly - that makes you all the more sweet for sharing Smile
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Just got my TestTube yesterday ... signed up for it about a week or so ago. Pretty cool! I won't use everything in the tube, but there are a couple neat things in it I'll try (Dr. Brandt Laser Tight, a Babor eye cream, Obaji Vit. C serum ...).

They included three Jane Iredale samples that are SOOOO not my skin shade! Really dark shades! So, who wants my samples? PM me and I'll send them to you. There are two pressed powder bases and one loose powder base, the colors are Caramel, Radiant and Coffee. I'm more of an Ivory, so these will never work for me!
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Did anyone else from Canada sign up for the testtube. If so, have you received it yet?

I signed up on October 4 - almost 7 weeks ago - and still have not received my first tube. They passed the charge on my credit card the day after I signed up.

I was told the first tube would take 2-3 weeks. I waited 3 1/2 weeks and called. Jody (the young woman at subscription and fulfilment) said she would speak to shipping and have one sent by FedEx. A week later, I still had not received it and called again. She said people in Canada were having trouble receiving it and since they had been sending by US post, there was no way to track it. She said give it another week. I did and still nothing.

I have since called and left 2 messages but she's not returning my calls.

I'm so frustrated -- and she doesn't realize she's making a bad situation worse by not returning my calls.

I'd like to know if there's any truth to what she said about those of us in Canada having a problem receiving it...?
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm...

I just called the 561-750-0151 number (I had been calling the 1-866 # before that and had no trouble getting through, either to Jody directly or to the her voicemail for subscription and fulfilment).

When I called this number, I got a message from the phone company telling me the subscriber has a privacy feature and I have to state the name of the company I'm calling from or give my name. I gave my name and it said it was putting my call through but I ended up getting a recording telling me to leave a message. Nowhere in any of the recordings was the name of the company given.

I know people here on EDS and elsewhere have received their testtubes, so I don't think this is a scam. But I've never heard of calling a company and getting one of those privacy messages.
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
montrealgal - did you ever get your test tube?

I just got notice from Fedex that my second one has been delivered to my Miami address. It should be here by the end of next week. Here is the link to what is in this one:

http://www.newbeauty.com/testtube.aspx

The Bioelements Sleepwear sounds interesting.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I am afraind 25 bucks is a little too much.. always, half of them will definitely go to the trashcan.
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Freefall - did you have to request the second tube or did they just send it to you?

Also, do you know where you go to give them your reviews? I looked on the website and couldn't find a place to put my review...

So far I'm LOVING the Obagi C Serum (just ordered Candy's Triple C - can't wait to get it). The Babour eye cream is good, but not an HG item.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
catmcall wrote:
Freefall - did you have to request the second tube or did they just send it to you?

Also, do you know where you go to give them your reviews? I looked on the website and couldn't find a place to put my review...

So far I'm LOVING the Obagi C Serum (just ordered Candy's Triple C - can't wait to get it). The Babour eye cream is good, but not an HG item.

I think when I signed up I agreed to several Test Tubes. they are supposed to send out one every quarter.

You go to newbeauty.com/feedback to submit your reviews.

I haven't even opened the Obagi C Serum yet, I haven't finished the Vivier one I'm using now. That is the main reason I signed up though, it was a great deal for the C Serum alone. The other products I like are the NIA24 cleansing scrub and the GoSmile pm toothpaste. I keep forgetting to use the Laser In A Bottle, I may save it for a trip when I need the boost of hyaluronic acid.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:06 am      Reply with quote
freefall2 wrote:
montrealgal - did you ever get your test tube?

I just got notice from Fedex that my second one has been delivered to my Miami address. It should be here by the end of next week. Here is the link to what is in this one:

http://www.newbeauty.com/testtube.aspx

The Bioelements Sleepwear sounds interesting.

Hi Freefall wave

Thanks for asking. Here's the scoop...

I was literally in the process of filing an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau (seriously) - and then was going to file a mail fraud complaint with the USPS (had the online complaint form in a second browser window) - when I was able to hunt down the phone number to the president of New Beauty. I called it and got him directly and told him what was going on. He didn't seem that concerned about the poor customer service I had received. But 5 minutes later, I did get a call from the young woman who had been ignoring my calls. Her excuse -- she was behind on checking her messages. Uh, ok - 5 days behind?

Anyway, I received the second tube - the current one. I had also been expecting the first tube, but after weeks of telling me it was in transit, that they had already sent it but would resend another one, or that they were having trouble sending stuff to Canada, they then told me they ran out of the first tube.

I signed up for the program because I wanted to try the Obagi and the Laser in a Bottle that was in the first tube - the one I never got - and also because at the time they said Youngblood MMU was going to be in the seond tube. Well, they changed a lot of the stuff that was originally advertised to be in the second tube - no Youngblood MMU, and nothing in this tube I'm that interested in, except perhaps the JI MMU samples.

In any case, they have discontinued the test tube program to Canada...

I'm glad you got some goodies that you wanted to try in the tubes, Freefall. You talked about your Miami address -- where are you now? And would you let us know how you like the Laser in a Bottle when yout try it?

For those signed up for the test tube program in the US, you will continue to receive it (3x a year) unless you cancel your subscription to the program.

If anyone hears of other sampling programs available to those of us in Canada (not just beauty products) would you let me know please?

And ps - I'm still dealing with New Beauty over their wretched customer service. Stay tuned Smile

Happy New Year Everyone!

montrealgal wave
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |