Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Gift for co-worker.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
xzou
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Do you give gifts to co-worker if he just got married and you were not invited to the wedding? What kind of gift would you give?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
i would say no to a present if i wasn't invited.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
i would say no to a present if i wasn't invited.

I would second that.

Although at work we do pass around a card and drop in some money if we wish to do so for a present.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
However, he was just promoted to be my manager now. Also, there is no card passed around. How much a gift would be appropriate?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
perhaps you could circulate a card then? i don't know if you should give money to someone who is superior in position though. seems kinda strange to me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Haha, are you thinking of bribery?
I don't think I would circulate a card - too much trouble for me. I think I've just found an inexpensive nice gift for him.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
xzou wrote:

I don't think I would circulate a card - too much trouble for me. I think I've just found an inexpensive nice gift for him.

I still think that your best bet would be to write congrats on a card and pass it around the office. It's not too personal, yet shows him that people took the time out to give him their blessing.

But if you do go with some other gift, it should be fine as well Wink .
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'd say a big fat NO! You weren't invited....and I'd be pissed ever so slightly.... Bad Grin
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
bex wrote:
I'd say a big fat NO! You weren't invited....and I'd be pissed ever so slightly.... Bad Grin

That just got me to thinking. One of my professors got married last week. He had told the entire class, as well as have had his now wife come here to watch him teach during our class. The only person that may have been invited to his wedding was the aid, which he had known for a long time. It's not like the class circulated a card or got him gifts for his wedding. We applauded, and thats about it. A few people said congrats. However, the situation may be a bit different Confused .
xzou
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ladies for all of your input!
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
This topic is a work pet peeve of mine ... I started a new job, in a new town a few years back and all the ladies in the office (which was everyone in the office except 3) were throwing a wedding shower for the bride to be. I felt like I should go given this was the first or second week of my new job, and then knowing if I would be there, I couldn't be without a gift (it's a small town ... people talk Rolling Eyes ) I know, I didn't have to go the wedding shower so I didn't have to get her a gift, but as mentioned above, I would have been the only one not there. Anyways. I ended up getting her some corning wear as her gift (so it was about $35 cdn) which was in her registry. She did say, "you didn't have to", but I knew inside if I didn't, she'd think "are you cheap??" and so would the rest of the office.

Oh and no, I was not invited to the wedding either.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
No present since you're not invited. However since he's your manager, I would still give him a card just so you'll be in his good books. In this world where it's all about who you know, i think it's harmless sucking up to your superiors. You never know when you'll need a good reference one day.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I agree -- no present and just a card. My manager got married over the summer -- she was my manager for less than a year at that point. She made a point of not making a big deal out of her engagement or wedding -- told her directs about the wedding maybe a week before. None of us were invited. No present given as a group or individually by anyone on the team. We didn't even get our act together enough to circulate a card.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |