Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

whats the ONE thing you want to change about your skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
There are many things I want to change about my skin, but the one thing is my darn pimples! I feel like I can't go out anywhere without foundation or cover-up. I wish my skin was clear Sad
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried changing your diet?
Your skin is a relfection of whats going on inside your body. Skin care products may help, but they will not address the root of the problem.

Smile
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I wish I wasn't so pale. SUmmer is barely over and what color I had has gone already. I'm so pale youcan see my blue veins on my face especially on the perimeter. I have this big one that snakes undermy right eye. BE camos the blueness a bit but sometimes I think it makes me look like a vampire. My BF told me I should decorate my veins for Halloween! Laughing
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:57 am      Reply with quote
agree with lucinda..i've read an article by dr perricone talking about how diet can change ur skin tone and the result actually looks like a face lift!!
it was an article in one of his books and it even shows pictures of the before and after..it really was quite a significant difference
my one problem is puffiness under eyes..lately i've been using psf cranberry lift and it does a fairly good job
blissgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
I wish I wasn't so pale. SUmmer is barely over and what color I had has gone already. I'm so pale youcan see my blue veins on my face especially on the perimeter. I have this big one that snakes undermy right eye. BE camos the blueness a bit but sometimes I think it makes me look like a vampire. My BF told me I should decorate my veins for Halloween! Laughing

Hi violetanne!

I have pale skin and a vein under my left eye. I love my pale skin, though. So classic, like Audrey Hepburn.

http://www.reelclassics.com/Actresses/Audrey/images9/audrey_faceshot.jpg

Well, after I put on some make up. Razz

I wonder when this tanning thing will go out of style. There is such a fabulous variety of skin tones, its wierd when everyone has the exact same unnatural golden tan. And Michael Jackson had to bleach his. I guess the grass is greener...

I love this board because its more about having healthy skin. Of course we all want to look our best, but I know the more I stress, the worse I look Laughing

That being said, I keep looking for a way to get rid of my hereditary dark circles. Razz

Be well,
bella

[img][/img][img][/img]

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I wish my chin was completely clear of blemishes and acne scars.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I could get rid of these blasted post-acne marks! My skin would otherwise be pretty good without them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I dont think I could pick ONE thing, my current issues are:

Refining skin texture
Redness(from years of harsh products)
Old acne scarring(fading,yea!)
Slight sundamgae (mostly on arms)

But if I HAD to pick only one I would want to refine the texture. Im with blissgirl, I think pale skin is very classic and always beautiful, Im glad I started protecting mine at an early age. Its probably what I get complimented on the most. Smile Even though Im only 25, I see girls I went to HS with that tanned all the time and they already have fine lines and visible sundamage...not attractive for someone so young.

I want to take good care of my skin but refuse to obsess over ever little imperfection, its bad for the selfesteem.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
depressed acne scars!
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
crows feet under the eyes, guess I smile too much! Very Happy
Shirley M
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Refining skin texture/tone and smoothing out acne scars for me! I've addressed most everything else pretty quickly, yay. Smile

Now, I'm not a tanner, either and though I do think a bit of sun is healthy (like 10-15 minutes a day), I don't stay out in it and rarely lay out at the beach and never without sunscreen and an umbrella nearby!

It's not worth the damage to look tanned and I prefer to avoid the trouble, anyway.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
blissgirl wrote:
violetanne wrote:

Hi violetanne!

I have pale skin and a vein under my left eye. I love my pale skin, though. So classic, like Audrey Hepburn.

http://www.reelclassics.com/Actresses/Audrey/images9/audrey_faceshot.jpg

Well, after I put on some make up. Razz

I wonder when this tanning thing will go out of style. There is such a fabulous variety of skin tones, its wierd when everyone has the exact same unnatural golden tan. And Michael Jackson had to bleach his. I guess the grass is greener...

I love this board because its more about having healthy skin. Of course we all want to look our best, but I know the more I stress, the worse I look Laughing

That being said, I keep looking for a way to get rid of my hereditary dark circles. Razz

Be well,
bella

[img][/img][img][/img]

Funny, Audrey just looks grey in that picture you posted. I'm actually a big fan of Audrey, and never really think of her as pale. In color photographs of her she has a peachy tone. For me, the best things about Audrey were her lilting voice and those big brown eyes.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:47 am      Reply with quote
mine would be congestion. i know now (with the help of you guys) that that is my #1 problem and why i keep breaking out Sad

i love love pale too.. i used to deliberatly stay pale just cause it was my personal view of beauty.. the last 2 years ive been tanning though, i keep getting comments like "you must be sick you are always too pale" i guess it got to me..lol.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Mine would be freckles - I am a typical celtic type - redhair,blue eyes, skin so pale I am practically transparant and had freckles since I was about 3!! If I didn't wear SPF you could literally watch them appear in the sun! They mostly fade away (a lot disappear entirely rather like a tan would) come winter. Using Wildberry/Kojic serum, CP serum and SPF Euro SPF they are much less noticeable than they used to be but I'm so conscious of them (not helped by small neice telling me how freckly I and do I have them all over? Every time she see's me!!! Rolling Eyes Very Happy).

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:50 am      Reply with quote
What would I change about my skin? I'd love to overall facial radiance. As far as my body, my legs are always really dry.....I have to apply lotion at least 3x a day to my legs. I even use oil and then a lotion (sometimes). If anyone has suggestions for dry legs, please help! Violetanne...if you want a hint of color for your face or body....Victorias Secret Bare Bronze is a nice lotion that builds up a color (I think similar to the Jergens type but VS doesn't streak), I really don't like the smell too much. Fake Bake self tanner is good and they also have a lotion that builds up color gradually without straeaking like a self tanner. I'm not good at applying self tanners. So those type products work for me.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:34 am      Reply with quote
acne scars and the hard white bumps I keep getting.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:57 am      Reply with quote
bex wrote:
As far as my body, my legs are always really dry.....I have to apply lotion at least 3x a day to my legs. I even use oil and then a lotion (sometimes). If anyone has suggestions for dry legs, please help!

Dry brushing is my saving grace! Here's a link explaining the process: http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/HealingTechniques/Dry_Brushing_Technique.htm

I've been doing this for years now and it's fantastic for waking you up in the morning (I don't do this every morning, though, lazy sometimes). In fact, I don't use lotions generally on my body for dryness. The dry brushing tends to it. The other thing is that this is great for charging the lymph system and for me, that has always been problematic. I've since gotten it under control, though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks scalawaggirl for the link! What do you use as a body moisturizer? Do you use something different for your neck and decollete area? Any suggestions as far as preventing sagging of your neck? Big fear of mine is my neck looking a turkeys' neck...lol!
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
One thing? Thats hard. I'll have to say a new face then Laughing
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing dry brushing for a while now and I LOVE the results. My skin looks fantastic.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:36 am      Reply with quote
bex wrote:
Thanks scalawaggirl for the link! What do you use as a body moisturizer? Do you use something different for your neck and decollete area? Any suggestions as far as preventing sagging of your neck? Big fear of mine is my neck looking a turkeys' neck...lol!

No body moisturizer other than dry brushing but for my neck/decollétage, I use emu oil applied after my Exfol or LacSal (wait 30 minutes along w/BHA on face), then I put on my emu lightly. It is working very well for me and along w/the CPs, my neck is looking nice and tight these days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:
I have been doing dry brushing for a while now and I LOVE the results. My skin looks fantastic.

Olivia, don't you just love it? My fiancé is astounded by how soft my skin is. He comments on it a lot.

FYI, it's also good for snapping the skin back into shape from weight loss.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
For me...my pores. They're not huge, but wish they were a bit less visible, especially in those darn close up mirrors!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
good to know...now I just need to work on the weight loss. Ha! I am most impressed at the change in my skin tone. It is such an easy thing to do for such great results.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Under eye wrinkles - I don't have crows feet but tiny lines under my eyes. I'm thinking of getting thermage at Christmas. They have a new wand specifically for the eye area. When I did Thermage before, they couldn't do close to the eyes.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |