Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
combating wrinkles and acne at 46 ...help any sugguestion?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
hope in a jar

Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Greetings all

This is my first post i'm here by way of Allure Oct. issue ..looking for a miracle in a jar(Remergent DNA)..after trying everything from Accutane to componding my on creations, looking for the latest skin care developments.

After years in the sun I loved the beach and i train horses I'm paying the price for all that outside time with interest seems things are appearing on a daily basis.

any ideas on a product that multi task-hormonal break-outs and wrinkles-lines?

Thanks
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:38 am      Reply with quote
In my opinion, many products from the Valmont line and all products in the Remergent line wil help combat aging and repair the sun damage. You may still suffer hormonal breakouts but certainly these products will not cause any further breakouts and may even help to diminish them as your general skin condition improves. If you decide to use Remergent products then also get a good cleanser and exfoliant. Cellcosmet Gel Cleanser and Dual Action Exfoliant are very good products, will not cause any breakouts and will not irritate your skin. HTH

Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bushy,

I've been reading all the great reviews on the Valmont Renew pack..I'm new to these skin care lines ...(that you suggested) my skin is so resistant and seems to be able to handle alot recently did a 20% TCA peel and finally got my skin to peel..of the Valmont line what would you start with? Thanks agian!
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi Hope in a Jar, if you go towww.skinterra.com/main/skin_analysis.html
you can do a skin analysis and they will email the products they think you should use. They suggested IS clinical products for me, but they are a bit expensive and I've heard great things about the baby quasarwww.ledtherapeutics.com , it's about $400 and you can buy it cheaper at other places, but some companies do not offer a warranty.Best wishes!
bex
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hope In A Jar, what type of skin do you have. Is it dry, oily, sensitive etc. Remergent products will suit all types of skin but some Valmont products are more suited to certain types.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Get Tazorac (prescription) if you have health insurance it will be chreap (for adult acne and fine lines). Also I do use PSF products and glycolic peels (this is the only thing I've seen actually remove wrinkles).

Remergent DNA Repair is the only expensive product I've found to be worth it. Some of the others are luxurious moisturizers but way over priced and cheaper things do as well.

I'm now also using Mandelic acid (shrinks large pores) and Copper peptide for treating scars and moles.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
try looking into the MD formulations line of products
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
Get Tazorac (prescription) if you have health insurance it will be chreap (for adult acne and fine lines). Also I do use PSF products and glycolic peels (this is the only thing I've seen actually remove wrinkles).

Remergent DNA Repair is the only expensive product I've found to be worth it. Some of the others are luxurious moisturizers but way over priced and cheaper things do as well.

I'm now also using Mandelic acid (shrinks large pores) and Copper peptide for treating scars and moles.

Sharky, do you know the difference between retin-a nd tazorac? I'm so confused with all of the rx retinoids available these days.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I second the recommendation for Tazorac! I plan on using it for life, except for when I'm pregnant or trying to get pregnant.

Also, take a look at the products at zenbiotic.com. I use their products mainly for acne, but they have a lot of anti-aging serums which also contain ingredients that fight acne, so I think they could be just the thing for you.

Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone, just when i thought i'd tryed everything...wish i had found this site along time a go (you gals know what your talking about)!!! i've got moderatly oily , sun-damaged, never had acne till i hit my 40's imagine that...and fine lines and some " wrinkles" are starting (I hate that word)my skin seems to be pretty darn resistant to everything,products work a while and my skin seems to become immuned.. several of the brands on this site i have not even heard of so i really appreiate your imput..my credit card thanks you too.

Haven't tryed the Tazorac yet? I have used the
mandelic acid..so so results..and i have used
a copper peptide formulation i ordered from make-artist choice, and i have used the MD Forte products...micro dermobrasion, face dr soap...the list is endless..

Thanks Bex..went to skinterra and they recommended the IS clinical serum...i need a really aggressive product...I have spent hours reading and researching all of the past post alot of these products sound like they might fit the bill.. is the tazorac a topical or pill?
hope in a jar

Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Sharky, i did use a mandelic lotion for a few months i think it was called MA MA Lotion. What brand do you use?
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I used Retin A before Tazorac which is a newer generation of Retinoid. The Tazorac works for me. Some say it is more irritating but I haven't found that to be so. It works both on adult acne and fine lines. As I said glycolic peels and PSF O2 serum after are the only thing I've used that actually got rid of lines.

The remergent got rid of a spot under my eye and seemed to firm the skin there.

I use the vivant? Mandelic acid I haven't noticed any effect on lines or skin color but after a few weeks of use particular large pores are actually smaller looking.

I did use Copper peptides in general last year. I do not think they did much. When I use CPs on moles and raised scars, however, I've had good success.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I regularly use Retin-A every other night, Vitamin C + Firming (cellularskinrx.com) serum every morning. I use Age-Limit AHA serum on alternate nights. I'm mid-40's with cystic (hormonally caused) acne and wrinkles, too.

The Retin-A has helped tremendously in reducing severity/duration of the cysts. Azelaic acid and Vitamin C have helped to get rid of the marks left behind after each bout.

Retin-A has also helped tremendously with fine wrinkling. Don't know what I would do without Retin-A and Vitamin C serum.

AND, of course!!!!, daily sunscreen use. Got to do sunscreen to keep the wrinkles at bay.

More acne relief for me: Cleanser with 2% salicylic acid in it (Target generic brand of Clearasil wash)and Neutrogena's 8-hour Rapid Clear 2% Salicylic Acid lotion (for spot treatment in the areas where the spots erupt).

I also take internal supplements to help with the cystic acne: Evening Primrose Oil, all the trace elements (potassium, magnesium, etc.)PLUS MSM and serious doses of C plus E.

I know that all sounds like a ton of stuff but for acne AND wrinkles (GEEEEZZZ), this is what it takes for me to keep my skin looking nice.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Not that we should believe advertisements, but the Kinerase line (with Courteney Cox Arquette's face in the ads) is supposed to have a line targeted at acne and aging skin together. I haven't tried any of the products myself -- they are out of my budget at this point.
hope in a jar

Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Wow thanks to all, for your suggestions..I'M determined to get my skin under control-looks like i'm going to have to make an appt with the dermo...this flying solo is not working..
i'm afraid I've done more harm than good..however, after i did the TCA peel seemed to help the acne..but looking in a 10X mag.mirror i can literaly see that my pores or clogged...what the heck is this..I have tryed two different mask AHAVA and BP mask..what will suck this stuff out..?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:17 am      Reply with quote
hope in a jar wrote:

i'm afraid I've done more harm than good..however, after i did the TCA peel seemed to help the acne..but looking in a 10X mag.mirror i can literaly see that my pores or clogged...what the heck is this..I have tryed two different mask AHAVA and BP mask..what will suck this stuff out..?

I would suggest Valmont Purifying Mask and/or Cellcosmet Dual Action Exfoliant. Both would be good but each will clean your pores.

5% products discount

Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Betterat40

I too had cystic acne as an adult (perfect skin up until I was 25). After spending thousands at dermatologists, and having an arsenal of acne creams, pills, and products that did not work, I became obsessed with finding my own cure. I 'knew' that it had to be something someone was overlooking. I had my gallbladder removed about a year before my acne started, and the one thing that had changed was my bowel habits (sorry). One thing led to another (and hundreds of hours spent reading and researching), I did my first bowel cleanse. I had never been into all that ‘heath’ stuff, and had always been a bit pessimistic about it. I can honestly say, that was 4 years ago and I can count on one hand the pimples I have had since (but not one cyst since). After my first bowel cleanse (a series of three colonics) I lost 8 pounds (of waste) in one day! (I am really sorry to be so graphic). I keep my bowels clean, period, that’s all I have done. The whites of me eyes were white, I felt thoroughly hydrated, and I felt light as air. But better than that, within 24 hours my skin looked better than it had in years and immediately started clearing up. I don’t recommend anyone jump onto the cleansing bandwagon without educating themselves first, but I urge you to look into it. At your age, you shouldn’t be having cystic breakouts and I would be willing to bet that cleansing might really help you. Don't take laxatives as they can be dangerous and addictive, but do some research on curezone and askshelley

(You don't have to be constipated to have a congested bowel)
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Andrea2289, I've often considered doing this myself and have researched the holy bejeesus out of it, as well.

How did you go about finding a good vendor for the colonics? The whole idea is gruesome to me but I have used cleansers in the past and am a 2x/day fiber girl. That is how sluggish my digestion system is and I'm an O+ (supposed to be the best, ha). It would be nice, though, to start fresh.

I know the body manifests outwardly to what is wrong internally. My skin reacts to products mostly so I think my past breakouts were due to a combo of the wrong product and not being balanced. Now, I am taking a bunch of supplements for skin, hair, health and have also changed my skincare. So far, I am very happy with the progress but it sure wouldn't hurt to have a lovely new foundation cleared of all the old toxins still hanging about.

Thanks!

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:33 am      Reply with quote
andra 2289 thanks for sharing your story, I to either find my self at the health food store or the cosmetic counter..i did a 3 mth de-tox cleanse(trying to cover all the basis). I can honestly say my skin did improve..and started eating for my BLOOD TYPE which is O+ which is supposed to have the thinnest blood, strongest immune system,strongest stomach acid and live the longest of all the blood types..boy was i glad to find that out..I lost weight and kept it off too and still can eat i love it. My husband says i have the body of a 16 year old..but, i can tell you my face looks 46..wish i could get it to match..(guess I'll keep praying)
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |