Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Where to buy Eve Lom in the US?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I am really curious to try the Eve Lom Cleansing Balm. Does anyone know where I can buy it in the US or where I can get a sample? I know I am being picky here but I would prefer to buy it from an authorized dealer and not off Ebay or from a merchant like Strawberry.net.

If I can't buy it in the US does anyone know what types of customs charges I would be looking at if I bought it from overseas?
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

You can order directly from evelom.com. The customer service is good and you can ask for samples of their other products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered it quite often during the recent 3-4 years but they always refused to send me any samples... strange. But yes, they're fast.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:04 am      Reply with quote
And as far as HongKong is concerned...the price comes out to be the same after shipping!
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:09 am      Reply with quote
Mithai, they sell Eve Lom at Joyce Beauty -- in case you ever need instant gratification.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:09 am      Reply with quote
ww.pircosmetics.com has US & Canadian stores & shipping (New York & Toronto, I think). They sell a limited but decent variety of Eve Lom products.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I sent Eve Lom an email asking if there are any US retailers and am waiting for a reply.

RuthMarion-The Eve Lom is out of stock at PIR! Sad

mtview-do you pay any customs charges when you order directly from Eve Lom?
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
mtview-do you pay any customs charges when you order directly from Eve Lom?

Hi Theresa,

If I remember correctly, I just paid what was on the website, no extra custom charges. I am in the US.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks mtview. I may just order directly from Eve Lom. I see in your signature that you are super sensitive, have you ever experienced any irritation from the cleanser?
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mtview, I'm also curious about the Eve Lom cleanser. Can you tell us how it works for you? I have kind of dry/dehydrated skin and feel very uncomfortable after cleansing. My friend recommended this cleanser for me but I found it quite costly. Hope to get more info before getting one.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
RMB wrote:
Mithai, they sell Eve Lom at Joyce Beauty -- in case you ever need instant gratification.

oh yeah...I bought from joyce beauty...I am all for instant gratification Very Happy ...But I did a comparison and the diff was around one dollar more if you buy in HongKong...so obviously I bought instantly Very Happy
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ocha wrote:
Hi Mtview, I'm also curious about the Eve Lom cleanser. Can you tell us how it works for you? I have kind of dry/dehydrated skin and feel very uncomfortable after cleansing. My friend recommended this cleanser for me but I found it quite costly. Hope to get more info before getting one.

hey...butting in Smile ..It seems expensive but it lasts for ages and especially if you buy the largest size...it doesnt turn out to be that costly at all...the only problem i had with it was that it seemd a bit cumbersome at times but then you dont have to scrub...I know that wasnt very helpful Wink
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
The other day I was at Joyce Beauty (Hong Kong) I bought the EVE LOM muslin cloths and the SA gave me a sample of the Cleanser (she filled a small tub for me). I tried it at night and my skin really likes it !!! I remember Mabsy (?) said the Orange Essence Cleanser from Burt 'N Bees is better, but I find the EVE LOM Cleanser is more moisturizing. I do not need a toner after using it. The only hold back is the price.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
Thanks mtview. I may just order directly from Eve Lom. I see in your signature that you are super sensitive, have you ever experienced any irritation from the cleanser?

Ocha wrote:

Hi Theresa and Ocha,

I ended up tossing the eve lom cleanser Sad I find it drying out my face. Maybe too much hot water compress? Also all the rubbing wit muslin cloth irritated my face. I was hoping it will clear up my pores but I didn't see any improvement with my skin.

I know a lot of people love it so hopefully it will work out for you guys. The jar will last you a long time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
Can I just say the Eve Lom is one of the most bothersome products I've ever used. If you know you're the lazy type, this may not be the product for you.

Directions:
Apply cleanser to the face using circular movements. Dip the muslin cloth in hot water and wring out. Press on to the face and hold for 5 seconds. Repeat 3 times. Rinse the cloth in warm water and remove all traces of make-up and cleanser making circular movements to exfoliate. Rinse cloth in cold water and re-apply to the face for 5 seconds to close the pores. Gently pat skin dry with a towel.

Seriously, 3 different water temperatures. Pressing that rag 4 times to your face. Handwashing that rag at least 3 times (final rinse to keep it clean for the next time). Getting water all over the sink. All this to cleanse your face ONE time. Ackk, for me this is too much trouble.
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks mithai, mtview and RMB. After reading you guys' comment, I think Eve Lom is not something I wish to get...
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
lifeisbeautiful wrote:
The other day I was at Joyce Beauty (Hong Kong) I bought the EVE LOM muslin cloths and the SA gave me a sample of the Cleanser (she filled a small tub for me). I tried it at night and my skin really likes it !!! I remember Mabsy (?) said the Orange Essence Cleanser from Burt 'N Bees is better, but I find the EVE LOM Cleanser is more moisturizing. I do not need a toner after using it. The only hold back is the price.

Thanks lifeisbeautiful for your sharing...it's so good that Eve Lom works for you. I'm trying to ask for some sample at Joyce Beauty when I go back to Hong Kong during Christmas.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:32 am      Reply with quote
I think it is the most over priced jar of mineral oils, lanolin and chemicals on the market.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:50 am      Reply with quote
RMB wrote:
Can I just say the Eve Lom is one of the most bothersome products I've ever used. If you know you're the lazy type, this may not be the product for you.

Directions:
Apply cleanser to the face using circular movements. Dip the muslin cloth in hot water and wring out. Press on to the face and hold for 5 seconds. Repeat 3 times. Rinse the cloth in warm water and remove all traces of make-up and cleanser making circular movements to exfoliate. Rinse cloth in cold water and re-apply to the face for 5 seconds to close the pores. Gently pat skin dry with a towel.

Seriously, 3 different water temperatures. Pressing that rag 4 times to your face. Handwashing that rag at least 3 times (final rinse to keep it clean for the next time). Getting water all over the sink. All this to cleanse your face ONE time. Ackk, for me this is too much trouble.

I mentioned few times here in the forum already :
when i bought the cleanser for the first time i sad "oooh that's fussy". That was some 3-4 years ago and i couldn't find a better cleanser since that. It sounds fussy when you read the text but in "real life" it's quick and wonderfully refreshing. I use just hot water and cold water, enough. My pores are clean, the skin plumped. I don't feel the procedure fussy, am looking forward to it every time (even when i come home very late and the only thing i want is my bed...).
It's not cheap, but the jar last for long time.
I've tried more than 10 different cleanser during the recent few weeks, nothing compares to Eve Lom for me. That's the only cosmetic product in my life i got stuck with for years.

But we're different and it cannot suit to everybody's skin. Just an advice : i don't rub it every day - some days my skin needs "the real rub" and other days i just pat it with the hot/cold cloth.
lin
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:32 am      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
RMB wrote:

Directions:

I mentioned few times here in the forum already :
when i bought the cleanser for the first time i sad "oooh that's fussy". That was some 3-4 years ago and i couldn't find a better cleanser since that. It sounds fussy when you read the text but in "real life" it's quick and wonderfully refreshing. I use just hot water and cold water, enough. My pores are clean, the skin plumped. I don't feel the procedure fussy, am looking forward to it every time (even when i come home very late and the only thing i want is my bed...).
It's not cheap, but the jar last for long time.
I've tried more than 10 different cleanser during the recent few weeks, nothing compares to Eve Lom for me. That's the only cosmetic product in my life i got stuck with for years.

But we're different and it cannot suit to everybody's skin. Just an advice : i don't rub it every day - some days my skin needs "the real rub" and other days i just pat it with the hot/cold cloth.
lin

I really do think this is a fussy cleanser, and people should know that before they buy it. I wish I did. I've used it for a few months now, but haven't picked up any speed increases. The question is if people are willing to put up with the fuss. Like I'm willing to wait a few minutes for the sake of my C sinking in, when really I'd just like to get my whole routine over with.

Here are the directions on my Menthoderm cleanser that I also got at Joyce Beauty. "Apply with moistened hands, gently lather, then rinse." Needless to say, I've been using the Menthoderm much more than the Eve Lom. But I'm also kind of a lazy person when it comes to doing these skincare routines, so if I'm ready to crash into bed it's the Menthoderm.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I cannot use any foaming cleanser and from "Apply with moistened hands, gently lather, then rinse." i cannot get my pores clean, unfortunately. I'm a fan of the OCM...
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the input everyone.

I am not 100% certain that I will like this cleanser but it still really appeals to me. I am 100% certain that I want to try it to see what I think. A few months back I started using the Yonka Cream Cleanser and removing it with a muslin cloth. I don't use the cleanser anymore but sort of miss the "ritual" of applying the cleanser, massaging and removing with the cloth. I think that the Eve Lom would be sort of similar in that it seems like a "ritual". I guess that appeals to some and does not appeal to others and is why the opinions expressed in this thread have been so diverse!

I am thinking that the best option is to just buy it directly from Eve Lom. But if anyone comes across a better option let me know.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I was in Space NK early this year and the SA suggested I used Eve Lom to take my make up off.
I said that I had used it years ago with all the massage techniques etc and it was too much of a faff for me as I am essentially quite lazy. She said that actually just stick it on your face, massage in, use a hot cloth to take off. Then use cold water. So I bought some, took it home and she was right. My skin was just so much better and it wasn't any more faff than a normal cleanser.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |