Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
help me ladies, hair questions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Okie dokie well I have been trying to decide how I'm going to start taking better care of my hair now that it is longer. Previously I was using Johnson baby shampoo then doing a final cold rinse using vo5 hot oil and letting it basically air dry after I towel off. This has been OK but now that my hair is getting really thick I need something a bit better...

So, I like to have my hair natural, no product during the day but I would like it if I could find a shampoo and conditioner that would leave my hair nice and moisturized so it is really soft, smooth and not too greasy looking. Any recommendations for a shampoo and conditioner? Preferably cheap hehe Very Happy
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I started using a new shampoo and conditioner about a month ago that I like; it's called Jason and it's sulfate free. For extra moisturizing, I try to use Burt's Bees Avacado mask, you use it on dry hair and then wash it out. I fry my hair with a flat iron pretty often, so it's helped a lot.

If you like the baby shampoo, maybe just find a good daily conditioner and do weekly deep conditioning.
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not impressed with V05 hot oils.

I like Paves Ultra-Hydrating No Sulfates Allowed Shine Repairing Shampoo. You can get this at Walgreens for $5.99... though you could wait for the B1G1 free sale. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:03 am      Reply with quote
I read that Baby shampoo and Pert shampoo is the quickest way to strip your hair of color. So if it does that you might want to try something more gentle. Keratese is good and I like the Aveda products. A great conditioner for damaged hair is mix equal parts of 100% shea butter w/ 100% wheat germ oil, bring to a boil, let it cool and add an essential oil if you want and put it on your hair...I put it on my hair and place a shower cap over my head nad sleep with it on. Mix only small amounts....I over mixed the first time.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:49 am      Reply with quote
The Garnier Fructis Conditioner and leave-in conditioner in the Sleek and Shine line are what I use. My hair is wavy and tends to get frizzy but these do a great job of keeping the frizz under control but don't feel heavy. I would recommend using both since adding the leave-in gives a little extra smoothness but you can try just the conditioner. You can buy these anywhere and they each are about $3-4 dollars.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:51 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
The Garnier Fructis Conditioner and leave-in conditioner in the Sleek and Shine line are what I use. My hair is wavy and tends to get frizzy but these do a great job of keeping the frizz under control but don't feel heavy. I would recommend using both since adding the leave-in gives a little extra smoothness but you can try just the conditioner. You can buy these anywhere and they each are about $3-4 dollars.

I also like this line. I also use the Curl and Shine conditioner and leave in. I do alternate between the two, I also have wavy/curly course frizzy hair and this seems to tame it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
If it's moisture you're after you won't find anything better in the drugstore than Neutrogena Triple Moisture products. The daily condish works better than any other salon brand I've tried. I also love the deep conditioner and leave-in silk touch cream. They are not too perfumey, either-- they have a light sort of non-descript scent.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Aubrey's Organics are fabulous! (from whole foods).
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Depending on where you are...if you can get hold of shiseido super mild shampoo and conditioner...give it a try! ...cheap and effective. Gets rave review at MUA!
xzou
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have a friend who has beautiful hair. Her secret is to switch among different brands. That would help to get the grease and residue off from the hair. I've been trying with that for a while now and it seems working for me well too.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |