Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Aromaleigh Mineral Make Up Samples
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I recently ordered some samples from Aromaleigh. However, I can tell just by looking at them that Voile 1W (warm) and Voile 1N (Neutral) are going to be way, way too dark for me, so if anyone would like to try them, I'd be happy to pass them along.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I'm really hoping that I can find a mineral make up that's light enough for me that is NOT Aromaleigh because I have a major bone to pick with this company. They say they give a portion of their proceeds every month to a charity called Heifer International. I am in NO way a fan of Heifer International, which, among other things, donates living rabbits to poor families so the rabbits can be slaughtered and used as food. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about helping people and have been trying to do so all my life, but as you guys know my rabbits are my children, so I can't feel good about supporting any business or organization that treats rabbits (or any animals for that matter) like they are disposable.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:30 am      Reply with quote
You might want to try Everyday Minerals. They have added a lot of new shades inthe last couple months. I went to reorder, and was amazed at the amount theier selection has grown. Before you order click on the Make A difference link, and you get to pick what charity a portion of the proceeds of your sale go to.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Liz,
I can understand why you, being a vegetarian, would object to Heifer International. But I really think it is unfair to portray them as an evil organization. I am a supporter of Heifer Intl. I actually donate to them every month. I am very selective about who gets my charitable contributions and only contribute to Heifer because I have thouroughly researched the organization and believe in what they do.

Here is how I see Heifer Intl. They don't just give families animals to slaughter and kill. They are all about enpowering people to become self sufficient. They donate animals to families or individuals so that the families can either breed the animal as a food source or use it for things like milk or for the larger animals to do work on farms. Every recipient is required to give the first offsping from the donated animal to someone else. It is all about giving people a food source (milk just as often as meat) and a way to make a living. They are not about handouts as alot of charities are. You may personally object to raising animals for meat but it is a fact of life for most people.

I don't think I would convince you to contribute to Heifer and I can totally understand that. If I were a vegetarian I would not contribute to them either! But at the same time I could not allow your attack on Heifer International to go unanswered.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I was a vegetarian for ca. 10 years (between 1989-1998), in the meantime i eat meat occasionally (mainly fish). It was my choice, for myself. Almost every Sunday i eat the Sunday lunch with my parents, my father bred rabbits during that period : they had their meat - and i eat my salad. nobody forced the other to change that. i knew those rabbits as babies, saw them growing up and definitely couldn't eat them - but my parents have a completely different approach to these issues. I've never heard about Heifer intl. before but they again seem to have a natural approach to charity, making quite a sense. Donating a cow doesn't necessarily mean slaughter - it can be milk. And yes, sometimes it's a rabbit.
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Liz,
If you haven't yet, try Alima. It is all natural and cruelty-free. They also have a program where you can send them your empty jars and receive a free product as incentive to reduce waste.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Olyn and jlrobatzek , thanks for the great suggestions! I went ahead and ordered some samples from the websites you named, so I've got my fingers crossed.

As for Heifer Intl, I wasn't trying to attack these people. I know they are well-meaning, but that doesn't mean that I still don't find what they do objectionable. I mean, look at it from my point of view: do you think a lot of cat lovers out there would be thrilled with Heifer if they were passing out cats as food? The answer is no, and the reason behind that is that no pet parent wants to think about their baby being served up as dinner. I'm not trying to single Heifer out here... I don't eat at restaurants that serve rabbit, and I definitely don't buy brands that use rabbit fur (Hello, Coach!). Maybe I'm just like poor Don Quixote tilting at windmills, but my bunnies have given me so much love and devotion, I feel like the least I can do is do whatever I can to keep their brothers and sisters off of people's dinner tables.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Liz,

you might want to try Larenim. I saw their stand at whole foods not so long ago and purchased one of their eyeshadows. curiosity brought me to their website and their mineral makeup seems quite good.

http://www.larenim.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Liz,
I reread your initial post on Heifer International and you are right, you were not attacking them. I guess when I first read it I got that impression but on rereading it I realized that I over reacted. Actually, I understood your point of view all along and respect you very much for it. Not many people will go to the lengths that you go to for what you believe in and it is refreshing to see someone so firm in their beliefs. I guess we are alike in this way. Not in what we believe in but in the way we stand by our beliefs. I apologize for over reacting.
Theresa
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Theresa, thanks a lot for what you said to me. I have a lot of respect for your opinions and consider you a kindred spirit, despite any ideological disparities, so what you said meant a lot to me.

Skincareaddicted, thanks for the great tip-- I went ahead and ordered some samples and will report back.

I already (!!) received my Everyday Mineral Samples. I LOVE this company's customer service, I LOVE the fact that a portion of the proceeds goes to a charity of my choice, and I love the coverage this stuff gives--- if I use the intensive coverage you can't even tell where my acne scars are. Unfortunately, even the lightest colors are too orange/muddy for me, so I don't think I'll be buying full size jars. The search continues...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Liz, EM was too orange for me too! Hope your Alima samples work out for you, coz they did for me!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |