Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New here - looking for stable Vit C w/ E
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,
I am new here and think I will be hanging out here a lot!

I am trying to come up with an effective anti-aging routine and first thing is a good stable Vitamin C with E.

I tried Skinceuticals C E Ferulic and had a flare of my mild rosacea.

Here are some I was thinking of but open to others:
Skin Medica Vitamin C
PCA pHaze 16
IS Clinical Pro Heal Serum

I did a search and saw Vivier mentioned but not sure how pricey that one is or where ot buy it.

I am 53 (for a little while longer) and my skin is somewhat dry and a little sensitive.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Marie! Welcome to our forum. I used the Proheal and currently use the IS Clinical 15% C serum.

The Proheal is supposed to be appropriate for rosacea. I don't have rosacea but have very sensitive skin and the Proheal never irritated my skin. I find the ISC 15% to be a little drying but the Proheal never felt drying. Our skin types are not quite the same since I have slightly oily skin but it is easily dehydrated so I try to avoid any drying products. The main reason that I chose not to reorder the Proheal is because of the alcohol content and the Laureth-4 (this is supposed to be very comedogenic).

I am planning on buying a different C serum soon and have looked into some of those that you mention.

The SkinMedica is high on my list. It is not all ascorbic acid. It also contains a C derivative ( tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate)as well so should be less irritating. The base which is mostly silicones should not be drying. I am generally not a fan of silicones but may make an exception here.

The Vivier C+E also looks good. I checked on this and the C is 15%. I am not certain on the base but if it is anything like the base for the Vivier C 10 that I tried a sample of it is not drying at all. I also am thinking of going with just the Vivier 10 but the C+E seems like a more likely option for me at this point. You can buy the Vivier serums from EDS you just need to call them since they cannot be ordered online. The C+E is about $75 UDS.

As far as stablility goes. I think the Skin Medica would be the most stable followed by the Vivier then the Proheal.

EDIT: Just checked my email and SkinMedica responded to my question about the percentage of the different forms of C in their C serum. In case you are interested - It is 10% ascorbic acid and 5% tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate. Sounds really good!
HTH
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Theresa,
Thanks for all the info. Looks like the SKin Medica or the Vivier C+E are my best options depending on what base I feel will be best. Both are about the same price and cheaper than the ISC or Skinceuticals. The esthitician called me back today and thinks I should continue to try the C E Ferulic but skip a day between. I will try it but ultimately plan to go with either the SM or Vivier esp since they are much cheaper.

Please post if you try one of these before I do. Thanks again!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
Hi Marie! Welcome to our forum. I used the Proheal and currently use the IS Clinical 15% C serum.

The Proheal is supposed to be appropriate for rosacea. I don't have rosacea but have very sensitive skin and the Proheal never irritated my skin. I find the ISC 15% to be a little drying but the Proheal never felt drying. Our skin types are not quite the same since I have slightly oily skin but it is easily dehydrated so I try to avoid any drying products. The main reason that I chose not to reorder the Proheal is because of the alcohol content and the Laureth-4 (this is supposed to be very comedogenic).

I am planning on buying a different C serum soon and have looked into some of those that you mention.

The SkinMedica is high on my list. It is not all ascorbic acid. It also contains a C derivative ( tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate)as well so should be less irritating. The base which is mostly silicones should not be drying. I am generally not a fan of silicones but may make an exception here.

The Vivier C+E also looks good. I checked on this and the C is 15%. I am not certain on the base but if it is anything like the base for the Vivier C 10 that I tried a sample of it is not drying at all. I also am thinking of going with just the Vivier 10 but the C+E seems like a more likely option for me at this point. You can buy the Vivier serums from EDS you just need to call them since they cannot be ordered online. The C+E is about $75 UDS.

As far as stablility goes. I think the Skin Medica would be the most stable followed by the Vivier then the Proheal.

EDIT: Just checked my email and SkinMedica responded to my question about the percentage of the different forms of C in their C serum. In case you are interested - It is 10% ascorbic acid and 5% tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate. Sounds really good!
HTH

I read something about the tetrahexy..whatever that encouraged me to try skinmedica -aside from the stability & portability issue. I don't remember what it was ( another case of MMM here) Rolling Eyes but I remember it was good. That being said, I really think you'll enjoy the skinmedica as long as your skin isn't very oily & you remember that 3-4 drops (only) are sufficient. I love it & I have pretty oily skin.

P.S. Can someone tell me how to do a partial quote Embarassed Thanks
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="marina
I read something about the tetrahexy..whatever that encouraged me to try skinmedica -aside from the stability & portability issue. I don't remember what it was ( another case of MMM here) Rolling Eyes but I remember it was good. That being said, I really think you'll enjoy the skinmedica as long as your skin isn't very oily & you remember that 3-4 drops (only) are sufficient. I love it & I have pretty oily skin.

P.S. Can someone tell me how to do a partial quote Embarassed Thanks[/quote]

Thanks. I have a sample of Skinceuticals CE Ferulic but then bought the Skin Medica. Now I am doing a half face trial and liking the Skin Medica better. I am dry though so oil is not an issue for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
marina take a look at the link below. Note: The SkinMedica is an anhydrous C serum that combines ascorbic acid with tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate! So all the great stuff that article mentions applies to the SkinMedica! Yes, this C serum looks better and better everyday. (I do have a minor doubt about the Vitamin E in the SkinMedica and will update when I get more information.) Also, I have read in seveal places that tetra..... is a great form of Vitamin C for reducing hyperpigmentation.

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/anhydrous_vitc_combo.html

BTW to do a partial quote just hit the quote button and then delete the portions of the quote that you don't want to use. Make sure you don't delete the things at the beginning and end of the quote that designate the script as a quote.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="TheresaL"]Also, I have read in seveal places that tetra..... is a great form of Vitamin C for reducing hyperpigmentation.

Thanks Theresa, it worked. Now I remember why I was so excited about Skinmedica. I remember reading about tetra..& melasma-since mine gets worse in summer, I ordered it. It does seem to have all the good stuff. BTW, altho it has a lot of silicones, it dosen't have a silicony feel ( can't explain) like many silicone primers do. It's gel-cream. That being said it does make a great primer. Best part, I don't have to worry about oxidation.
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="marina"]
TheresaL wrote:
Also, I have read in seveal places that tetra..... is a great form of Vitamin C for reducing hyperpigmentation.

Thanks Theresa, it worked. Now I remember why I was so excited about Skinmedica. I remember reading about tetra..& melasma-since mine gets worse in summer, I ordered it. It does seem to have all the good stuff. BTW, altho it has a lot of silicones, it dosen't have a silicony feel ( can't explain) like many silicone primers do. It's gel-cream. That being said it does make a great primer. Best part, I don't have to worry about oxidation.

It does have a nice feel and doesn't smell like the C E Ferulic. And like the container better. I am not crazy about the glass bottles with the droppers although maybe the full size ones are more stable than the trial size which seem to tip and spill too easily.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |