Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jane Iredale??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Moozie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Anyone use this cosmetic line? Do you mind telling what you use and how well it compares to others you've tried?

Many Thanks!
Moozie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
No one?? --please?? lol

I'm mostly interested in the liquid foundation, the duo concealer, lip balm, eyeliner and mascara, but would love to hear about any Jane Iredale products.

Many Thanks!!
°Ü°
kalegr
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the liquid minerals with varying degrees of success, it can be hard to blend. I also have the pressed base that I use as a "finishing powder" and its great.
Moozie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the input. I actually got a response...yay! lol

I ordered the liquid formula...I'm hoping I do okay with it. I'm just wanting it mainly for application in the T-zone and then looking at using my other MMU on the entire face. --Hoping, I'll get a flawless cover that looks natural...the goal being more coverage of pores mainly.

Do you use your fingers or a special applicator brush/sponge that makes the product go on with more success??

Thanks again!
kalegr
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:03 am      Reply with quote
I use a foundation brush, just squeeze a small amount onto the back of your hand and apply to your face. Continue to do this until you have covered the areas you wish to cover, be sure to blend it well. I then finish off with a light dusting of the pressed base. Jane Iredale's website has tips on how to apply her products and Q&A section for FAQs.

HTH Smile
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:35 am      Reply with quote
hi Moozle. I use the liquid foundation. I like it very much. It is very unobtrusive on the skin, I like the gel base, it feels to me that it 'feeds' my skin a little. It looks very natural. I put it on with my fingers, on my chin and around my nose. then I use a warmer colour of Pure Luxe Powders ( mixed up to a colour I feel suits me according to how tanned or pale I am at the time) and I use that across cheeks, and a sweep on chin and forehead.

Very easy and lasts all day.

Nice product. I like the pump action container, it feels hygienic, and you can see exactly how much you have left, too.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Must admit that I didn't like the JI liquid minerals, but loved the Amazing Loose Base.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Same experience, MajorB. In fact, I hated the way the liquid looked even after many, many attempts to get it right. If you can imagine, Golden Glow liquid looked too light on me! Eek.

However, I love the loose minerals and still use Golden Glow to polish off my True Cosmetics pressed #1 in medium that is a tiny bit too light. The combo works perfectly!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I love their eyeshadows and lip and eye pencils. It's all I've tried so far. I'm also going to be purchasing their brushes as they are of great quality too. For everything else reagrding comsetics and skin care, I'm a die hard Dr Hauschka fan.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I use the loose powder and pressed powder foundations at different times of the year. I've been very pleased with them, although it took trying a few samples in different colors to get the right match for me.
Moozie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:30 am      Reply with quote
kalegr wrote:
I use a foundation brush, just squeeze a small amount onto the back of your hand and apply to your face. Continue to do this until you have covered the areas you wish to cover, be sure to blend it well. I then finish off with a light dusting of the pressed base. Jane Iredale's website has tips on how to apply her products and Q&A section for FAQs.

HTH Smile

KEWL!!!! Thanks for the tips! I am so excited to try this...just got my package with all the Jane Iredale, Juice Beauty, & Mineral Essence goodies. Surprised YAY!!! lol
Moozie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
hi Moozle. I use the liquid foundation. I like it very much. It is very unobtrusive on the skin, I like the gel base, it feels to me that it 'feeds' my skin a little. It looks very natural. I put it on with my fingers, on my chin and around my nose. then I use a warmer colour of Pure Luxe Powders ( mixed up to a colour I feel suits me according to how tanned or pale I am at the time) and I use that across cheeks, and a sweep on chin and forehead.

Very easy and lasts all day.

Nice product. I like the pump action container, it feels hygienic, and you can see exactly how much you have left, too.

I loved the idea of all the ingredients used in the Jane Iredale liquid minerals...that was the biggest reason I got it. --Seemed like, although I'm staying away from bismuth (sensitive skin), JI's liquid had the best ingredients for liquid MMU...and no bismuth! I can't wait to try it! I already pumped some (the first pumps of clear) and rubbed it into my hands...very nice! and it even smells good! --Double bonus!!! lol I got the Radiant, and it looks like it will be perfect...all that is left now is to put it thru the test.

Thanks!
Moozie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:39 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Same experience, MajorB. In fact, I hated the way the liquid looked even after many, many attempts to get it right. If you can imagine, Golden Glow liquid looked too light on me! Eek.

However, I love the loose minerals and still use Golden Glow to polish off my True Cosmetics pressed #1 in medium that is a tiny bit too light. The combo works perfectly!

I still have yet to try it. So far looks like Radiant will be just right...I'll let you know how it goes after I try it.

I've heard quite a few raves about True Cosmetics! Do they use bismuth?? I may have to take a peek! --There goes my wallet! lol
Moozie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
I love their eyeshadows and lip and eye pencils. It's all I've tried so far. I'm also going to be purchasing their brushes as they are of great quality too. For everything else reagrding comsetics and skin care, I'm a die hard Dr Hauschka fan.

I ordered the eyeliner pencils, lengthening mascara & Pure Lash conditioner too...can't wait to try them!

I've heard a lot about Dr. Hauschka too...especially the mascara. Is it natural cosmetics??

Thanks!
Moozie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:51 am      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
I use the loose powder and pressed powder foundations at different times of the year. I've been very pleased with them, although it took trying a few samples in different colors to get the right match for me.

I've been tempted to try both the pressed and loose foundations...especially the circle delete concealer duo, I'm just a bit concearned over the bismuth...I have sensitive skin and heard many women have irritations/sensitivities with the bismuth.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I use the Jane liquid also as well as the Dr H. Can't use bismuth-the true is free of bismuth as well. It takes a few tries to get the Jane to blend a little goes a long way. I finish it with True in Medium #2 and it lasts all day
kalegr
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I agree it does take a few tries to get it right (blending) with Liquid Minerals and getting the right shade is so important. I bought a slightly different shade 2nd time around and after using that shade I can fully understand why some people dont like it - it looked un-natural. Nonethelesss when you get the right shade and are to blend it well it is a good product.

Scalawaggirl, I wish had your skin, I wouldn't use foundation at all!
RubyWong
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Hello. I am interested in Jane Iredale products (press powder, loose powder, foundation). I am usually a NC 20. I was wondering what color I would be in Jane Iredale. I don't want to get the wrong color since there are no returns for JI products. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:35 am      Reply with quote
Ruby - you can buy samples from skin-etc
http://www.skin-etc.com/jairbasa.html
They've changed their postage rates though so if you're not in the US it's expensive.

P.S. if you email them you can still get standard airmail, but you have to waive any rights if the order goes missing.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Liquid Minerals, but not enuf coverage for me! Nice gel-consistency tho.
What I absolutely did love was this: Sheer Honey pressed blush used on the "C" area, bridge of nose, chin, forehead and decollete' as a bronzer! Doesn't accentuate any lines since it's not glittery or shimmery and looks the most natural of any bronzing attempts I've tried on my lt/med golden skin. Also, Brett is a lovely natural lip color by JI. Most websites that carry Jane Iredale have samples of everything except the liquid minerals, alas. A nice pure line that the surgeons endorse post-procedure. PS- I'm so into Lumiere loose minerals now in the Veena Velvet formulation. Lt/med golden is my HG!

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:12 am      Reply with quote
hi, i tried the pressed powder and blush. i think the colors are too intense for me....the pressed powder is a bit cakey too. i tried applying with sponges, brushes as well as the powder puff it comes with. ithe best application method for me was the brush. a bit strong color-wise for me, but it's not a bad product.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to update to say I have now tried liners, eyeshadows, lipgloss and brushes and I am still loving JI. I am definitely going to continue to expand what I have from the line. I plan on getting more brushes, a lipstick, highliter, and blush.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Hydrating Mist. Smile
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried their eyeshadows in Khaki Craze. I quite like the texture, but the colors really don't suit me at all. I wish they had more color options.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I've been trying to make myself like this brand, but i can't!
I tried 3 diff colors for the foundation (powder) and they all look really bad, and I have had 3 dif SAs help me choose. The first one made me look dull (took the glow away from my skin) the second one made me turn orange after 30 mins, and the third one made me turn pink after 30 mins.

When ever I have it on my face I just have the burning desire to wash it off- not cus of the color, but I think my skin just doesn't like it.

I'm glad it works for most of you!
CG
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |