Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What's your favorite "Holy Grail" eyeliner??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Moozie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't found one yet, so I thought I'd ask here. Thanks!
Moozie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
**Holy Grail is another word for must have. (just in case, I confused anyone...we use that phrase a lot in Mineral Makeup forums)

--I haven't found a pencil eyeliner that I love yet. I ordered Jane Iredale eyeliners, so I am hoping they will be nice.

So far with MMU powder eyeliners, I love Alima; Monave and EDM would be next in line.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
I love using MAC eyeshadows as liners.
I also love MAC Fluidlines.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I like MAC's shadows for eyeliners too. I like to have my a little smudged and not a straight line so I like using shadows.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
What kind of blending tool do you both use? I've actually heard a lot of good things about MAC eyecolors on other boards too. I may have to try them out myself. lol
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I use like a small pencil like brush. I'm sure any pencil brush will work. I did look at the MAC site and they have tons of brushes, but I don't feel the need to purchase one at that price.

I do use something similar to this to smudge the area

http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY15083&PRODUCT_ID=PROD1533

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Cool! Thanks! That definitely helps give me a good idea of what to look for. I'm currently using an eyeliner brush and then a smudger tip. I don't get my liner with dry minerals exactly the way I'd wish...so, I'll have to try a pencil liner brush!
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I like a very precise, but soft look and prefer to use a shadow on a fine brush with Trish McEvoy Finish Line Transformer - a clear liquid that turns any shadow into a gel texture and makes it waterproof. I like to use her Amethyst Shine (deep purple with gold glitter) or MAC Carbon (matte black) or Laura Mercier St Germain (deep bottle green).
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
MAC fluidline (I like the black and violet colors) applied with the MAC brush 263. The latter is a wonderfully versatile brush and the line can be made pencil thin or goopy thick. The brush also works wonders in face painting in case anyone is interested....
Moozie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the added ideas!!! --I'm gonna end up going broke on this forum. LOL! Oh well, a woman has her needs. Laughing
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Moozie wrote:
Thanks for the added ideas!!! --I'm gonna end up going broke on this forum. LOL! Oh well, a woman has her needs. Laughing

Welcome to the club. The first month was horrendous on my bank account Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the warm welcome! Smile I can see I'm already in trouble. LOL I have spent just in these past 2-3 weeks over $300. --That was BEFORE coming in here & posting. Rolling Eyes --Looking for coupons is what helped me find this place. lol
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know how I stumbled upon this forum either, I was doing a search for something and VOILA! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
LOL! Yep, that sounds about right here too. My first glance in here was while searching for an EDM coupon code and found the 15% off with "eds". --Then, somehow after that, I ended up back here & then joined in. LOL
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I love Dr Hauschka and Narz.
Moozie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Dr Hauschka has gotten good raves on their mascara too...makes me interested in the eyeliner. Smile
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried pencil, kohl, liquid and gel liners. My favourite is definitely a gel liner and MAC has the largest range of colours so I am using them at the moment.

I love the gel liner because I can use it do a winged look (bold or subtle), tightline and also as a base eyeshadow. However you do need a good brow brush to use the gel. Very Happy
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Blinc Kiss Me eyeliner!!! It's the only waterproof eyeliner i've tried that *really* does what it says it will- no smudging on my uber oily lids. Another one is MAC's Liquidlast, but I don't like it as much because it is so hard to get off. I simply wet my eyes with warm water and voila, the Kiss Me eyeliner rolls right off!
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier's cake liner. Seriously THE BEST eyeliner I've ever tried. Goes on as an intense, really dark black, stays put until you take it off (zero smearing or fading or transferring to the lower lids) and the thing will last forever (the pan is about the size of a MAC eyeshadow, but you only need to use the tiniest bit with each application).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:06 am      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
Blinc Kiss Me eyeliner!!! It's the only waterproof eyeliner i've tried that *really* does what it says it will- no smudging on my uber oily lids. Another one is MAC's Liquidlast, but I don't like it as much because it is so hard to get off. I simply wet my eyes with warm water and voila, the Kiss Me eyeliner rolls right off!

dollbird, where do you get the blinc kiss me eyeliner?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:11 am      Reply with quote
My fav liners are Dr Hauschka, Jane Iredale and Max Factor (as I have yet to find the exact plum shade in an organic/natural cosmetic line.) I'm hoping that one of Jane Iredale's Lip Liner shades will match my plum eyeliner from Max (they're interchangeable for eyes and lips) but have yet to try. Wish me luck. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the shu uemura liquid liner?
Moozie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:00 am      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
My fav liners are Dr Hauschka, Jane Iredale and Max Factor (as I have yet to find the exact plum shade in an organic/natural cosmetic line.) I'm hoping that one of Jane Iredale's Lip Liner shades will match my plum eyeliner from Max (they're interchangeable for eyes and lips) but have yet to try. Wish me luck. Wink

So very cool to hear a rave over Jane Iredale eyeliner...I had purchased two & was crossing fingers and hoping it wasn't a bad purchase. lol --Do you favour her pencil liners or the cream ones?? I ordered the pencils.

Thanks!
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Moozie wrote:
wildflower wrote:

So very cool to hear a rave over Jane Iredale eyeliner...I had purchased two & was crossing fingers and hoping it wasn't a bad purchase. lol --Do you favour her pencil liners or the cream ones?? I ordered the pencils.

Thanks!

I've always used pencil liners and have never personally tried creams, but I find both the Dr H and JI liners go on very softly and smoothly and are not like many other "hard" pencils. They are easy to smudge so to create a softer line or smokey effect.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
shiseido's majolica majorca has the best eyeliner, it's not expensive and very easy to use
i've tried many other liquid eyeliners and they r all extremely difficult to control..always end up with squiggly lines..but now i've found my HG eyeliner and probably will stick with it
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |