Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Zenbiotic Oxygen spray & colloidal silver?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Well I broke down and purchased these 2 products today after using the foundation pack for the last 3 days and reading all the reviews on the 02 spray on this forum. Does anyone have any thoughts on this colloidal silver spray? It sounds so good!! I am truly obsessed!!!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
amylola I wonder if it is safe to apply silver to the skin. Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable using the colloidal silver spray. But as you may have guessed from other posts I tend to be more concerned with the safety of products or ingredients than other people seem to be.

This is from Paula Begoun's website, "silver. Metal that in cosmetics can have disinfecting properties; however, prolonged contact can turn skin grayish-blue. Silver can be irritating to skin, and can cause silver toxicity (Sources: Annals of Dermatology and Venereology, February 2002, pages 217–219; and Critical Reviews in Toxicology, May 1996, pages 255–260). "
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Yikes! I better do some research into this. Ive never heard that, and I tend to fall for products pretty easily!
It is supposed to help with acne breakouts, etc.
I have been using the rest of the line and it is all natural and very soothing and mild. I guess I will check out the PC website now.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I had posted in another thread that I had been using the Collodial Silver Spray, and how great it seemed to be working on my skin. Since I've been using the Zenbiotic products my skin has never looked so clear, but I've been looking online about the use of Collodial Silver and some of the information has started to put me off using the product now. I don't whether to continue using the products, especially the Oxygen spray and the Collodial Silver, it's a shame since they seem to have done wonders for my skin and i've been so impressed with the results.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Sel, I have both these products coming in the mail, I too had high hopes for them, I will probably still try them out and see what I think...
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:06 am      Reply with quote
omygosh this product is scary! colloidal silver was used in the 1800's and early 1900's but then discontinued because it does accumulate in the body and cause that disease where you look ashen-gray. It does have great antibiotic activity but that depends on the product and how refined it is and how it is formulated. IMO, why not use something safer rather than take the risk? I'm sure there are alternatives. As far as I know (please correct me if I'm wrong), there is no cure for that skin disease and there is just not enough research done on how much accumulation is dangerous.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:42 am      Reply with quote
In the laboratory (in vitro) silver destroys every known virus, bacteria and fungal form on contact. Silver does not appear to damage healthy cells. Internally (in vivo) silver helps protect the nervous system. Much has been written, discovered and experienced about the health-giving power of colloidal silver. However, angstrom silver is a million times smaller than colloidal silver and thus is more effective – without side effects because angstrom silver is water soluble (colloidal silver can lose its water solubility and can get gummed up in the tissues and skin).

http://www.rawfood.com/cgi-bin/order/index.cgi?id=887302382550-737714628363-1217&d=single&item_id=0605&c=Supplements&sc=Minerals&tc=
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Until the discovery of penicillin, colloidal silver was the antibiotic-of-choice for centuries. I'm not aware that applying it topically can cause the "ashen" skin condition that's been referred to. Rather, I think that can occur when it's ingested -- but, it would take high doses over a long period of time.

I read about colloidal silver a few years ago and recall finding an EPA (or some other officious website) link that absolved it of any harm when taken in moderate doses. Many people use it topically for various skin conditions. I checked it out to see if it could help my handicapped brother with seborrheic dermatitis. It helped a little, but there's no cure for this condition, only treatments.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
This is from Derma Doctor: " What is the difference between Colloidal Silver and SSD Silver Sulfadiazine 1% cream(Generic for Silvadene cream)? My mother was prescribed this for her dark spots on her face?
While silver is contained in both products, they are extremely different as is their safety. Colloidal silver is a suspension of submicroscopic metallic silver particles in a colloidal base. It has long been hawked in fraudulent schemes and can have serious long-term side effects such as argyria, a medical condition where silver becomes deposited in the skin, eyes, and internal organs, and the skin turns ashen-gray. Many cases of argyria occurred during the pre-antibiotic/penicillin days because at that time silver was a common nosedrop ingredient. When argyria became understood doctors stopped recommending their use, and reputable manufacturers stopped producing them.
Silver Sulfidine Cream 1 percent is a prescription product and combines silver nitrate (different from colloidal silver) and an sulfa. It is an antibacterial agent used for topical wound and burn care. Anyone allergic to sulfa should avoid the use of this item. Silver nitrate is that caustic ingredient most commonly thought of as the active agent on a silver nitrate stick used in medicine to help kill bacteria and cauterize skin wounds."

This has been an interesting discussion. It seems that it is easy to find information that supports both sides of this debate. I guess part of it depends on which souce you trust for your information or on the quality of a study you are looking at.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
theresa, it seems that we read the same article Smile

Yes I did see both sides of the story, but before the results are more conclusive, I'd be wary to use colloidal silver

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree poufybabypenguin! Personally, at this time I do not feel at all comfortable using any product that contains silver.
caril

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
I had posted in another thread that I had been using the Collodial Silver Spray, and how great it seemed to be working on my skin. Since I've been using the Zenbiotic products my skin has never looked so clear, but I've been looking online about the use of Collodial Silver and some of the information has started to put me off using the product now. I don't whether to continue using the products, especially the Oxygen spray and the Collodial Silver, it's a shame since they seem to have done wonders for my skin and i've been so impressed with the results.

If you are using colloidal silver and if it is giving you good result..Then no need to worry about what you read on net. But one thing is important that you should ask your physician about the dosage,its for your safety. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |