Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Best anti-aging product?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:04 am      Reply with quote
What product have you found that made a difference in how your skin looks (reducing fine lines etc....)?

I was thinking of trying Skin Medica TNS but this site is making me think there are many options out there. Remergent DNA looks interesting but so do many other products and lines. Aack - I am soooooo confused. Although they all seem to be expensive so I don't want to experiment too much! Hoping some people can lead me in the right direction to narrow my search. I have dry mature skin with not too many wrinkles so want to fight back now. Also somewhat sensitive.

Please help!!! Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Marie,

At my age I don't have too much to correct so I will not comment on results but let me give you a link that ranks anti-aging treatments by their effectiveness. I find this source to be a good reference point when evaluating anti-aging treatments.

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/

I hope you find this information helpful!

Theresa
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks. I am learning so much here!!! Hopefully it will help me make better choices in skin care products instead of buying a lot of stuff that doesn't work. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks. The web site is very helpful.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
hands down....Botox!
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
vit c serum is good for keeping your skin hydrated
i'm using psf vit c serum and it's been alright so far..it did break me out at one point but now my skin seems to have calmed
i do see that my skin is more "plumped" and radiant
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:12 am      Reply with quote
Remergent and Valmont

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
hands down....Botox!

Yes, I would agree totally!
But...I think it is a combination of skincare products. I think Vitamin C makes a huge difference short term or long term, whether you have skin problems or not.
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:41 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
Remergent and Valmont

Thanks. What Remergent and Valmont products do you like? I have some Remergent samples coming. Some of Valmont look out of my price range but some are OK.

For Vitamin C I am currently trying Skinceuticals C E Ferulic and Skin Medica. I was going to alternate days but now think I will try half my face with each one.

The Zenbiotics products look interesting too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:27 am      Reply with quote
This is also a very good website to unravel confusion over skin care. http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/art.asp?ID=29

I refer to this one often.
vinlynus
5% products discount

Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
High PPD sunscreen, Retin-A or Retinaldehyde and Vit C Serum.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I second that--retinaldehyde, vit C of some sort, and high PPD sunscreen.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Marie1120 wrote:
bushy wrote:
Remergent and Valmont

Thanks. What Remergent and Valmont products do you like? I have some Remergent samples coming. Some of Valmont look out of my price range but some are OK.

For Vitamin C I am currently trying Skinceuticals C E Ferulic and Skin Medica. I was going to alternate days but now think I will try half my face with each one.

The Zenbiotics products look interesting too.

Not bushy here but though I would make a few comments.

I agree that Remergent is a good choice. IMO the DNA Repair would be a very good option for general anti-aging concerns. The other products are also good and some of them are more so geared towards specific concerns so depending on the issues you want to address you may want to consider some of these also.

I sort of disagree with bushy on the merits of the Valmont products so I will let bushy comment on that. Let me just say that I personally would go with the Remergent.

Marie if you have read any of my posts you will know that I am a big fan of the half face test. I think it is great that you are doing this with the C serums. Especially since I have been considering the SkinMedica one.

Zenbiotics!!! Yikes!!!All I will say is, I am sure you have read my recent posts elsewhere on this product line......

I also agree with some of the other posts. Retinoid/retinaldehyde/retinol and Vitmain C really do have alot of evidence behind them and are really good choices. And yes a very good suncreen is a necessity!!

BTW since we are discussing so many actives let me add this. Do not add more than one active at once. Take your time adding new actives!
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
[quote="TheresaL"]
Marie1120 wrote:
bushy wrote:
Remergent and Valmont

Not bushy here but though I would make a few comments.

I agree that Remergent is a good choice. IMO the DNA Repair would be a very good option for general anti-aging concerns. The other products are also good and some of them are more so geared towards specific concerns so depending on the issues you want to address you may want to consider some of these also.

I sort of disagree with bushy on the merits of the Valmont products so I will let bushy comment on that. Let me just say that I personally would go with the Remergent.

Marie if you have read any of my posts you will know that I am a big fan of the half face test. I think it is great that you are doing this with the C serums. Especially since I have been considering the SkinMedica one.

Zenbiotics!!! Yikes!!!All I will say is, I am sure you have read my recent posts elsewhere on this product line......

I also agree with some of the other posts. Retinoid/retinaldehyde/retinol and Vitmain C really do have alot of evidence behind them and are really good choices. And yes a very good suncreen is a necessity!!

BTW since we are discussing so many actives let me add this. Do not add more than one active at once. Take your time adding new actives!

Teresa - thanks for the info. I will read your posts about the Zenbiotics.

I am excited about the samples of the Remergent DNA Repair etc and should get these next week. How would you incorporate this product? Should I try it at night with the Vit C in the AM?

I am also a firm believer in half face tests! Very Happy Only way to know the diffeence IMO. Although some products might take a while to produce results, it still helps to see how the product feels and how your skin reacts to it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
"Marie1120
I am excited about the samples of the Remergent DNA Repair etc and should get these next week. How would you incorporate this product? Should I try it at night with the Vit C in the AM?

PM for the DNA Repair and AM for the C sounds good but I hope bushy responds she knows so much about using the Remergent products!

Quote:
I am also a firm believer in half face tests! Very Happy Only way to know the diffeence IMO. Although some products might take a while to produce results, it still helps to see how the product feels and how your skin reacts to it.

You may be new to the forum but I like your style! Smile
babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'd say a combination...sunscreen, vit.c like ce ferulic, ystheal gel and good moisturizer..I'm trying pevonia caviar line and like it so far..oh, and regular exfoliation to stimulate cell turnover and collagen..
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks babymax 24 and Theresa L! I think I am off to a good start developing a routine. Now the hard part - waiting to see how things work and not buying or trying other things! Unless of course I play with the other half of my face!!! Laughing And I will need to find an eye cream!!! Very Happy Yes I belong here!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:18 am      Reply with quote
I used all the Remergent products and achieved results so I cannot say that just one Remergent product will perform by itself.
My Valmont HGs are the L Elixir face cream and eye cream. I also saw real results with these products. I am also trialling several other Valmont samples and when I have a bit more time will do some more reviews of other Valmont products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:15 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
I used all the Remergent products and achieved results so I cannot say that just one Remergent product will perform by itself.
My Valmont HGs are the L Elixir face cream and eye cream. I also saw real results with these products. I am also trialling several other Valmont samples and when I have a bit more time will do some more reviews of other Valmont products.

Thanks Bushy! I am excited to try the Remergent products. Some of the Valmont are a bit more than I want to spend but some are OK. Hopefully I can get some samples to try someday. Looking forward to reading your reviews on the ones you are trying now. I just joined the forum last week and my head is spinning with all that I have learned already. And I was overwhelmed with all the brand choices before and now there are so many others I am just learning about! I am afraid though that what is good for my skin will be bad for my wallet! Laughing

5% products discount

Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
I have been using Obagi product (clear, blender) for six months straight with Retin-A micro. The results have been great. I really don't have a lot of wrinkle issues yet, but the pigmentation problems were really taking its toll on my skin. Now, the spots are almost completely gone. Also, 2 lines that I have had on my forehead since at least high school have been smoothed, though they are not completely gone. this stuff is great! Highly recommend. Very Happy
PrettyPinky
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, this website is a really really helpful resource... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:54 am      Reply with quote
Retin A
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:43 am      Reply with quote
These may not be a products in the conventional sense, but I would add the DPL LED light device as well as professionally formulated acid peels, 40% Lactic in my case. Have been using the DPL for 6 wks along with copper peptides & notice a BIG difference in my skin.

While the CPs have helped, I think the DPL has made a biggest difference in brightening my skin colour, significantly reducing my crater sized pores, balancing out my oiliness in T zone and reducing wrinkles above atop upper lip. IMO, would add it to anyskin care product regime used for xtra benefits.

And now that we know how important regular exfoliation is to cell turnover, the acid peels available also provide a big boost to any routine. Tho' my skin is resilient,I chose Lactic acid as an AHA peel because am already using CPs and didn't want to overwhelm my skin. It is recommended for sensitive skin. The 40% formula I bought advises using it 1x wk and used it for 3rd time few days ago.(I may graduate to the 50% Lactic in a few months).

WOW - skin so clean & bright, soft, smooth - not at all irritated. Use it in conjunction at different time of wk with a BHA exfoliator from NCN Professional Skin Care, her 15% Daily Exfoliator. Also bought the DPL from her.

B/c I have an oil well at the bottom of my skin, always had difficulty keeping pores in T zone clear. But I dampen my skin very well with water, apply the 15% Exfoliator & generously on the T, and wait till dry - about 5-6 min. Then rinse well with tepid water. Another WOW result. Marvelousclean pores!! Just a great peel, even for sensitive skin, to keep cell renewal at optimum levels without irritation.

So basically, I think these are must have additions to any skincare routine to boost effectiveness: DPL, quality AHA & BHA acid peels. Wouldn't be without them now.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I've heard some of my friends like Natura Bisse Diamond lines. It's very effective but very expensive.
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Tretinoin (e.g., Renova, Retin-A Micro), a low-pH fruit acid, SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic, and a high IPD/PPD sunscreen make a gorgeous and thorough combination for a skincare regime, in my opinion. Smile

Correction, prevention, and protection - all the bases covered!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |