Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

PSF Balancing Oil - not working :(
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
kiddo
5% products discount

Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! This is my first post, and I am sooo glad I found this site!

After reading so many glowing comments on the PSF Balancing Oil, I decided to purchase some. Well, it's been a week and a half and I'm as oily as ever! I have *EXTREMELY* oily skin, have to powder my face at least twice before my makeup routine is even finished Sad Almost every time I look in the mirror (which is rather constant throughout the day - I'm paranoid!) it's shine central.

Anyway, I've been doing what the bottle says to do, I cleanse, tone, then put 3 - 4 drops on my face. I let it absorbe a few minutes before applying tinted moisturizer w/ sunscreen (oil-free) and powder. But I'm not noticing any difference at all in the oil production.

How long does it take to start working?? Should I use it morning AND night? I've been thinking of just trying pure Jojoba oil - would this be more effective for EXTREMELY, RIDICULOUSLY, HORRIFICALLY oily skin??

Thanks sooo much for your feedback!! Very Happy
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure what's in the PSF balancing oil.. but I know many on the forum uses Ylang Ylang for oil control. I personally like the Darphin Naouli Oil.

I think Jojoba is a moisturizing oil, it doesn't clog, but isn't necessarily good for oil control.

you can also try milk of magnesia for oil control. Or Jurlique Silk Dust.

Be sure to try samples before you splurge on another full size bottle!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
You also have to consider other products in your regime that may be drying your skin out, especially cleansers - are you still using a gel based or 'normal' cleanser?

It took me about 6 months before I could tolerate using oils on my face, and even longer before my sebum production calmed down. Remember, the oil IS helping your skin, but your skin has been used to pumping so much oil out everyday it is a hard cycle to regulate.

Also try to use only the oil at night to help regulate your skin as well.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I agree with miranets...it takes a long time for the oil to start balancing your skin. I use Decleor ylang ylang and have since July...it is working but it take a long time. Don't be discouraged if you don't see results right away. Some start using the oils and get frustrated after a week because it doesn't appear to be working.

Keep going with it. If you really feel you want to switch oils, then try it. But whichever oil you settle on, keep using it, every day, and after awhile you'll realize "oh my gosh, it IS working!" Since the change happens gradually you'll be at work or school, go into the restroom or pull out a compact and be surprised you don't have to do anything to your face when you had to before! Laughing

That's when it hits you that it works Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
I find sometimes it also depends on the oil. Before I used Clarins Lotus which gets rave reviews on MUA and was effective for most people who have used it but it unfortunately did not work for me at all. Then I got YY and it worked almost immediately. Sometimes your skin might have better luck with a different oil. Also the amount you put on makes a difference too. I don't follow the instructions because my face only need 1-2 drops. If I put more it would be too much and I'll end up oily. How long does your face take to absorb the 3-4 drops? It should absorb pretty quickly, and you should set it with a face spritzer afterwards. It also absorbs better if you put it on your face with it is still damp from your toner.

HTH
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't get great results from the Dr. Hauschka's normalizing oil. It simply dried my skin out too much. I've always ended up back with my Decleor Ylang Ylang concentrate.
kiddo
5% products discount

Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to all our your replies Smile

I'm currently using one of those 'all-natural' bar soaps, with oatmeal and honey, and glycerin I think. I'm thinking I should switch to something more suitable for oily skin, but then I'm always reading about how many of these cleansers are too harsh and end up doing more harm than good! So I end up choosing the mild soaps with glycerin and little else.

I'm gonna continue with the Balancing Oil - I've got nothing to lose. Maybe I'm putting too much on, 'cause it never really seems to 'absorbe' - it's just always slick Shock
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:07 am      Reply with quote
Kiddo

I think you should definitely change to a gentler cleanser!! Have you tried Dr Hauschka or Jurlique cream cleansers? They are a godsend for oily skin.

Also, I seem to have the same problem as you, oil sometimes just sits on my face and looks extra shiny, though I can bear it. Have you tried using an extra strong clay mask to clean your pores? And regular mild exfoliation is also great.

I've actually just started using the Zenbiotic range which is completely oil free (though cleanser has the emulsifying castor/almond oils, but doesn't leave a trace) and I have found that my skin is even more balanced than when I was using oils.
sissyp
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have very oily skin too. I was constantly blotting and touching up with powder and by the end of the day felt like I had a cake on my face. After reading reviews of Decleor ylang ylang oil I ordered it and had great results. I was skeptical at first but after a week of using it I was no longer blotting. It really balanced my skin. Now I alternate between the ylang ylang and neroli and am very happy with results.
leungmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought the PSF balancing oil and will give an update after using it.
Tammy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:27 am      Reply with quote
You know what used to really work for me when I was super oily? Decleor's old formulation moisturizer that had tea tree oil in it. I have yet to try the new one, so I have no idea how it is.

Alot of ppl have had excellent results with Decleor's Ylang-Ylang as well.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
leungmy wrote:
I just bought the PSF balancing oil and will give an update after using it.

leungmy,please keep update hare
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
i plan to buy one bottle in next summer.now maybe i should give up my plan
watched this topic,please update Laughing
thanks a lot
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Me too ! so l hope leungmy keep update here
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I have been reading all of the great posts on this board for well over a year but up until now I didn't figure that I had much to add. I hope Kiddo is still around because I know exactly how she feels. Up until 2 months ago I had the oiliest skin imaginable (with pretty bad acne). I could see oil on my nose 15 minutes after washing and it would be a complete slick in less than an hour. I have tried every thing under the sun - including accutane twice (worked the first time for about 6 months and the second time had no effect). I have also tried Decleor, Physicians Choice, MD skincare, Sothy's, Cellex-C, IS Clinical, Murad, Obagi (with retin-a micro and also tazorac),benzoyl peroxide, to name just a few. Anyway - to make a long story a little shorter - I was reading posts on the Diana Yvonne skincare forum and figured I would try some of their recommendations. I started using the DY wheat germ cleanser am and pm. Within a day I noticed a decrease in my skin's oil output. I also started using DY's 2% salicylic acid twice a day after cleansing - spot treating with the 5%(leave it on for 30 minutes before putting anything else on your skin). I put Skin Biology's cp serum on once or twice a day after the salicylic. I use hyaluronic acid to moisturize with in the morning and ha mixed with a few drops of clear emu oil for moisture in the evening - I don't find that the emu soaks into my skin very well - it just kind of sits there - so I am going to try professional solutions oil free moisturizer next. I am 41 years old and have been suffering with acne and super oily skin since I was 12. After spending thousands of dollar's over the years this is the only skin care program that I have found to really help with the oily skin and the acne. Instead of having to blot my skin every half hour or so I can now go for 3 hours or more. Sorry for being so long winded but I just wanted to put in my 2 cents.
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I agree with miranets...it takes a long time for the oil to start balancing your skin. I use Decleor ylang ylang and have since July...it is working but it take a long time. Don't be discouraged if you don't see results right away. Some start using the oils and get frustrated after a week because it doesn't appear to be working.

Keep going with it. If you really feel you want to switch oils, then try it. But whichever oil you settle on, keep using it, every day, and after awhile you'll realize "oh my gosh, it IS working!" Since the change happens gradually you'll be at work or school, go into the restroom or pull out a compact and be surprised you don't have to do anything to your face when you had to before! Laughing

That's when it hits you that it works Smile

Thank you, that's just the encouragement I needed. I bought and have been using the PSF Balancing Oil for a little over a week and was seeing no improvement... I'll keep at it! Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the balancing oil for about 1 week, and really like it. I have sensitive skin, and have tried other oils that have caused my skin to breakout. I find it light, but I do not put on 3-4 drops. I add it to my daily moisturizer. So I only use about half of each. I think sometimes we overdo it with the amounts. It has been working great.
honeychan
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried Darphin's Neoroli Oil (Wrong Spelling) and it's for oily skin but I think it broke me out.
Since then, I've avoided using oils. Sad

I'm looking for good products for oily acne prone skin though
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |