Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Phyto+ - Is it worth using?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I went to an esthitician for a consult. She recommended I start with:
Skinceuticals C E Ferulic (AM)
SC B5 (PM)
SC Phyto+ (AM & PM)
SC Moisturizers - different ones for AM and PM

I think my skin tone is pretty good other than one little round spot under my left eye that is darker. Is the Phyto+ worth using or is there another product better? What about PCA 13 HQ Free?

THe CEF is OK but I will probably go with a different C - currently trying Skin Medica on the other half of my face and liking that better.

I like the B5.

I have not been that impressed with the SC moisturizers. She gave me the Emollience AM and the Face Cream (PM). Also Renew Overnight for an AHA product to use under the Face Cream at night.

They carry Skinceuticals and PCA but she didn't have PCA samples right now.

I have to say it bothered me that the esthitician was 15 years younger than me and I thought my skin already looked better.

Thanks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Marie,

If you only have one small spot, you could treat that spot with a Q-tip dipped in a potent AHA and that would be more effective than using they phytpo+.

Did your esthetician give you free samples or did you buy all these products?

My personal opinion is that you could use the B5 product twice a day and skip the phyto+. For a good clean moisturizer, you can add a few drops of emu oil or jojoba oil to your B-5 serum. Then you could skip the two moisturizers.

Then your purchase would be down to just the CE Ferulic serum and the B5 serum. You'd need to get an AHA for spot treating your spot, if you want to lighten it, but in general I think you'd be happy with these fewer products.
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
Hi Marie,

If you only have one small spot, you could treat that spot with a Q-tip dipped in a potent AHA and that would be more effective than using they phytpo+.

Did your esthetician give you free samples or did you buy all these products?

My personal opinion is that you could use the B5 product twice a day and skip the phyto+. For a good clean moisturizer, you can add a few drops of emu oil or jojoba oil to your B-5 serum. Then you could skip the two moisturizers.

Then your purchase would be down to just the CE Ferulic serum and the B5 serum. You'd need to get an AHA for spot treating your spot, if you want to lighten it, but in general I think you'd be happy with these fewer products.

Thanks.

She gave me samples of all products and is ordering samples of some PCA products. My first day using the CEF, I had a flare of my rosacea. That seems to have settled down but I think there could be better Vit C products that don't cost as much.

I like the idea of mixing the B5 with emu or Jojoba oil. That should make it last longer. I still might need more moisturizer. My skin is not real dry but seems to be heading in that direction even though the cold weather isn't here yet. I was combo for a long time but finally at 53 I no longer have the oily T zone.

Any recs for the emu or jojoba oil?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Well, EDS sells a brand of emu oil called Dremu. As a less expensive alternative, you could buy from LBPRocessors.com. I buy two kinds from them...Ultra emu oil at night, and clear emu oil during the day.
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
Well, EDS sells a brand of emu oil called Dremu. As a less expensive alternative, you could buy from LBPRocessors.com. I buy two kinds from them...Ultra emu oil at night, and clear emu oil during the day.

Thanks PocoLoco!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried Phyto+ for the purpose of fading some post-acne marks and found it to be pretty worthless for that task. I think it's okay at overall brightening and evening your skintone, but is not much good at fading dark marks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Nijey wrote:
I've tried Phyto+ for the purpose of fading some post-acne marks and found it to be pretty worthless for that task. I think it's okay at overall brightening and evening your skintone, but is not much good at fading dark marks.

Did you find something else that worked? Thanks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I really like the Phyto +. Anytime I have a dark pigmentation mark left over from a pimple I dab it on with a q-tip and it pretty much is gone after a few days.
skin adict2
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I tried it for my melasma and it didn't work for me.
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
skinlove wrote:
I really like the Phyto +. Anytime I have a dark pigmentation mark left over from a pimple I dab it on with a q-tip and it pretty much is gone after a few days.

Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I will just try the sample I have on this one spot so I can see if it is doing anything. I am hoping to cut down on the number of products I need to use/buy so I can keep it simple for me and my skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Marie1120 wrote:
I went to an esthitician for a consult. She recommended I start with:
Skinceuticals C E Ferulic (AM)
SC B5 (PM)
SC Phyto+ (AM & PM)
SC Moisturizers - different ones for AM and PM

I think my skin tone is pretty good other than one little round spot under my left eye that is darker. Is the Phyto+ worth using or is there another product better? What about PCA 13 HQ Free?

THe CEF is OK but I will probably go with a different C - currently trying Skin Medica on the other half of my face and liking that better.

I like the B5.

I have not been that impressed with the SC moisturizers. She gave me the Emollience AM and the Face Cream (PM). Also Renew Overnight for an AHA product to use under the Face Cream at night.

They carry Skinceuticals and PCA but she didn't have PCA samples right now.

I have to say it bothered me that the esthitician was 15 years younger than me and I thought my skin already looked better.

Thanks.

I have tried Phyto+ and found that it helped fade some brown skin tone that was on my upper lip area. I think I got that from sweating off my sunblock and I got a tan there. It did help but it took three months to notice a difference and there is nothing wrong with that. I have heard that DDF has something better.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Marie1120 wrote:
Nijey wrote:

Did you find something else that worked? Thanks.

Tri-Luma (prescription retinoid+anti-inflammatory+hydroquinone). I know quite a lot of people in the forum are leery of hydroquinone, but it's honestly the most effective skin-lightener I've ever used. Of course, proceed with caution.

If you don't want to do the hydroquinone thing, I'd recommend regular exfoliation (AHAs are particularly effective for me, but that depends on your skintype), retinols or retinoids to speed cell turnover and a strong sunblock. I've also heard people taking MSM to help with pigmentation problems.

5% products discount

Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
If it's a small spot, and your not currently using an AHA, Vit. C, or a form of tretinoin, I'd wait on the Phyto and try using those first. All of those work on discoloration.

If the discoloration is a real problem, then another option is something called Maxi-Peel Exfoliant (a cheap version of Triluma), which combines tretinoin (exfoliation) and hydroquinone (skin lightener).

http://www.kabayancentral.com/beauty/maxipeel.html[/url]
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:09 am      Reply with quote
leyel wrote:
If it's a small spot, and your not currently using an AHA, Vit. C, or a form of tretinoin, I'd wait on the Phyto and try using those first. All of those work on discoloration.

If the discoloration is a real problem, then another option is something called Maxi-Peel Exfoliant (a cheap version of Triluma), which combines tretinoin (exfoliation) and hydroquinone (skin lightener).

http://www.kabayancentral.com/beauty/maxipeel.html[/url]

Thanks Leyel nad Nijey! I would be so glad to get rid of a product!!! Something is breaking out my forehead so I need to back off and get that cleared up. I was surprised the esthetician recommended the Phyto+ and now with this I have a reason to go back to the basics and start over. I am starting to incorporate retinol products every other night. I haven't added AHAs yet but want to eventually once things are more settled with the basics. I've been using Vitamin C though for several weeks. The esthitician gave me the Skinceuticals CE Ferulic but I like the Skin Medica better so I am doing half and half to see which works better. I see the Dermatologist in 4 weeks so will see what she says about the little dark spot. Maybe she will give me a prescription although with foundation I hardly even notice it so she might just laugh at me!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |