Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Valmont or Remergent for eye product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Can any of the users of these 2 brands compare them for me. I am looking to diminish wrinkles below and to the sides of my eyes, and also lift the upper lid. I just can't decide which would be better, and I only have money for 1 of these products! I specifically would like to know what results and how quickly the results came. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl, I'm using Valmont Contour Cellular Eye and Mouth Cream. When I first use it, I found it quite rich. However, after using a few times, I got used to it. It is light-weight and absorbs fast. I never feel greasy at all. So far, I love this eye cream because the fine lines under my eyes has reduced and the skin is less fragile. However, I don't think it helps a lot in lifting the eyelids. Yet, I do heard a lot of positive reviews about PSF Phyto-Lift Cranberry eye. Maybe you may check it out from the forum. Here's one of the review:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=121876#121876

Sorry that I'm familiar with Remergent. Which eye product in this brand are you referring to? Have you heard anything good from this brand?...hope you can share with us.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply Ocha! I am sorry I was not more specific. My brain seems to be in a fog these days being perimenopausal! I have not tried either of these brands (other than the Clarifying product from Remergent and I did not use that one long as there were so many products I was trying at that time). I was doing a search here on EDS, and it seems the Remergent product for eyes is the Microcirculation therapy. And the Valmont product I was curious about was the Elixir Des Glaciers Eye cream. I will look into the 2 products you mentioned. I was never into eye creams or anything, but when I asked my family what part of my face aged me, everyone said my eyes! So, now I am on a mission for improvement! Very Happy
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi Riley,
I asked Remergent for advice about lines/wrinkles in the eye area, also with regard to their Microcirculation Therapy and they answered me that it wouldn't reduce the wrinkles, it works rather against puffiness and dark eye circles. I was quite impressed with their answer since they don't try to convince you to buy it when it's not for your problem. So there is no particular product from Remergent for this issue.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:39 am      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
Hi Riley,
I asked Remergent for advice about lines/wrinkles in the eye area, also with regard to their Microcirculation Therapy and they answered me that it wouldn't reduce the wrinkles, it works rather against puffiness and dark eye circles. I was quite impressed with their answer since they don't try to convince you to buy it when it's not for your problem. So there is no particular product from Remergent for this issue.

Wow I am impressed. Not all cosmetic lines are that truthful. Some of them are only thinking of sales. Remergent will be one of the lines that I will be looking into in the near future. I am trying out too many diffent products at the moment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, I have used both Remergent and Valmont.
When I used Remergent, I used Microcirculation around my eyes together with DNA Repair(Morning) and Barrier Repair (night) under and at the sides of my eyes on the wrinkles. After two months, the wrinkles were decreasing.
I also used Valmont L Elixir Eye Cream for two months and I personally believe I had additional results from the L Elixir as it had quite a lifting effect on my upper eye area as well as reducing lines. It is also so wonderful to use and makes your eyes feel so refreshed.
So the answer is:
Remergent will require three products
Valmont requires only L Elixir and will lift as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Lin23 and Bushy. I appreciate the help. While Remergent sounds great (honest customor service and products in general) it seems I would be better off with the Valmont then. Thanks again for the help! Very Happy
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I like Remergent DNA repair and have been using it under my eyes ever since they brought it out. It has made the skin more fleible so it doesn't crumple so much when I smile.

For lines under the eyes I also use some diluted retinoid.

I know some people who like Valmont but the actives it lists are mostly things that can not be absorbed through the skin so it can't be more than a temporary effect.

I like PSF's cranberry eye gel that others have mentioned here but that is likely best for bagginess.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Sharky. More food for thought! Decisions, decisions and so little money to spend! Very Happy
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I've tried Remergent Microcirculation Therapy and it did ABSOLUTELY nothing. Firstly, it's not moisturizing enough, secondly, it does nothing to the wrinkles ( in the morning I wake up with dry wrinkly eye area) and no change to the eye bags!

What a waste of money! I recommend Valmont and only Valmont ( either Eye & Mouth cream or even better Glacier)
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:11 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I've tried Remergent Microcirculation Therapy and it did ABSOLUTELY nothing. Firstly, it's not moisturizing enough, secondly, it does nothing to the wrinkles ( in the morning I wake up with dry wrinkly eye area) and no change to the eye bags!

What a waste of money! I recommend Valmont and only Valmont ( either Eye & Mouth cream or even better Glacier)

I can not recommend Valmont Eye&Mouth cream - it did absolutely nothing for me. Cannot comment on the Glacier one - I have not tried it.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |