Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

? for those who have done a home TCA peel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Do you apply the peel right up to your eye and to your eyelid? Like this...

http://www.skinsite.com/info_obagi_blue_peel.htm

I have ordered the 12.5% from MUAC. I'll let you know how it goes.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Abejita, The obagi blue peel is different from TCA and I understand stronger depending on the %tca. On the lower % like 12.5, you apply just to the eye bone areas not on the lids or to close to the eye. Some people have applied up to the lash line but I'm afraid it might seep into the eye and cause damage. Good luck, be careful.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I know that it not the same as a 12.5% peel. It was just a good illustration as to where the peel is applied. Also, Obagi blue is a TCA peel at 15%.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
abejita, I didn't know they were the same relatively speaking. Just curious
what accounts for the blue color?
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently, it is just blue dye...I found this...

WHAT IS THE OBAGI BLUE PEEL?

The Obagi BLUE PEEL is a one to four step application of blue solution mixed with TCA (Trichloracetic Acid). These applications will lead to the removal of thin surface layers of aged and damaged skin. Layers of dead skin cells exfoliate and are replaced by healthier ones allowing the skin's own clarity and tightness to resurface.

I suspect that they put the blue coloring it so that it is easier to insure even application. On the MUAC website, she says that the 15% is the same as obagi.

Liz
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Abejita, Thanks for the info.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
ok, I found this on another website. It basically says the blue is just to monitor the application.

The Obagi Blue Peel
The Obagi Blue Peel is an in-office procedure designed to improve the appearance and health of your skin. Using a low concentration of the chemical trichloroacetic acid (TCA) mixed with a special blue base, to monitor the appropriate depth, the peel effectively removes the surface layers of aged and damaged skin from the face or other parts of the body. These dead skin cells are replaced by healthier ones, allowing the skin's own clarity and tightness to resurface. One or more coats of the Obagi Blue Peel will be applied.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
abejita wrote:
Do you apply the peel right up to your eye and to your eyelid? Like this...

http://www.skinsite.com/info_obagi_blue_peel.htm

I have ordered the 12.5% from MUAC. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hi abejita! I definitely do not recommend applying this up to the lash line. I remember reading something about a girl over on the skincareboard that seriously burned the skin around her eyes with this. You definitely need to take precaution with any TCA application, even with the 12.5%. Read the directions thoroughly and be prepared to look a little odd for a few days afterwards. I just finished my second in a series of 3 Friday night and my skin looks a bit like leather at this point since it still hasn't peeled off. No one notices it though unless I point it out.

Good luck and keep us posted!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |